extra1

Almost Perfect

It is hard to choose between friendship and love. Even if you want to keep them both, you know that you'll end up just choosing one of them. I like her and I know she likes me but a close friend of mine had confessed to her first. Is it right for me to get in my friends way or I am just too selfish if I do that?

 

"Dude, what if Krystal rejects me?"Minho told me who sound worried.

 

"At least you tried,right?" I answered curving a smile patting his shoulder. "And don't be pesimistic about it."

 

Why am I encouraging my rival? I guess Krystal is right. I am indeed stupid! Or probably, because I know that Minho is sure of his feelings for her more than I do.

 

"I know,but I can't help but to think that way~"he whined. "It seems like Krystal likes someone else."he continued.

 

"What made you say that?" I told him and laughed awkwardly.

 

"It's not that hard to tell,Am. Youu guys are close." He replied that shut me off.

 

I and Krystal are close. We always joke around, tease each other to the point that others thinks that we're lovers, and I care a lot about her. I like her but like isn't enough to conclude that you love that person too. That how it is for me.

 

 "I think that is her reason why she distanced herself from me." Minho sighed.

 

"She has given you a chance and that is a good sign. You just have to show to her that you are serious with her and be more open. I told you that she doesn't like it when someone keeps something from her." I encouraged him.

 

"Alright, I will." He answered me shortly.

 

I am just watching in one side as Minho continued his courtship with Krystal. Everyday I've seen their progress and I was fine with it. I know that I can trust my buddy and sure that he won't hurt Krystal. I trust him more than I trust myself.

 

"Am..."Krystal called my name that made me turn to her while we are walking our way to our classroom.

 

"Hmmm?" I hummed in resoponsed.

 

"I don't know what to do with Minho."she suddenly brought up the topic. "He is nice but I still feel uncomfortable to him." 

 

"Get to know him better. Everything takes time and I'm telling you, Minho is serious about you." I reassured her with a smile.

 

I don't know if I said the right words to her. I don't know what I made her feel when I said those words. All I know is that I have to say it...to help Minho.

 

"You're right." She said with a faint smile and averted her eyes from me. "How things going with Minah?"

 

"I told her that I like someone else." I answered and she just nodded her head.

 

I glanced at her and she is just walking looking straight ahead. I guess she is not interested to know that it is...her.

 

"Thanks for walking me home."she said to me and pecked my cheek that made me smile.

 

"Anytime." I replied and grinned. "See you around. Good night!"

 

"Good night."

 

I waited for her to get inside their house before I walked my way. I am not sure if I am doing the right thing here. If keeping my feelings from her is the right thing to do. I will probably regret it sooner or later.

 

"I didn't expect that love is this hard."

 

Early morning the next day, a not so good news to me which is good to others welcomed me. Krystal happily announced to us that her childhood friend is transferring to our school and she seemed excited about it. She sounds happy and excited about it. Minho got very jealous which he tried to hide from everybody except me.

 

"I guess your toughest rival is about to come." I said to him when we're hanging out in our school gym.

 

"Should I stop pursuing her?"he asked me. 

 

I stopped dribling the ball and looked at him. Minho has this worried expression on his face. He definitely feels threatened and intimidated with this guy he even hasn't meet yet.

 

"I honestly don't know what to tell you about that. All I can say to you is make a decision that you will never regret whatever the outcome is." I answered him.

 

He let out a deep sigh. "I really like her a lot."he mumbled.

 

"Then don't give up on her." I stated and comforted him with a smile.

 

"I won't." he replied returning back my smile.

 

Well, this is ironic.