2

Almost Perfect

He is famous, he is smart and all girls admire him.  He is like by everybody. He got easily along with anyone he meets. He is Amber Joseph Liu, our campus Prince and I strongly dislike him. You wanna know why? It’s because he keeps on making fun of me, like almost every freaking day! He even suddenly took pictures with me without my permission.

 

“Hey Jung!” he greeted me with a big smile on his face when he meet me on the front gate, which he always does every morning.

 

“What do you want know, Liu?” I questioned him with annoyance as I walk passed him.

 

“I just wanna greet you a very GOOD MORNING and say that you look very BEAUTIFUL as ALWAYS today!” he said stressing some words with a big grin on his face.

 

I rolled my eyes on him because he keeps saying this to me every day. I don’t know what is his problem? There are a lot of girls who wants his attention! He should give his attention to them.

 

“Aren’t you got tired of saying that to me, Liu? Because I got tired of hearing that!” I said to him and he chuckled.

 

“Nope. I won’t get tired of saying those things to you, like ever!” He answered me nonchalantly.

 

“If you got nothing else to do with your life, let me suggest something.” I told him and turned to face him.

 

 He arched his brows, probably waiting to hear what am I going to say. I don’t understand why I don’t even have just a slight attraction to him.

 

“How about you spend your life keeping your distance away from me?” I said to him with a sarcastic smile before he walked away.

 

After I said those things to him, he didn’t bother me anymore. I never saw him waiting in front of the front gate ever again. It made me wonder what happened to him. Did he finally realize that he was bothering me?

 

“Jungie, I didn’t see our campus Prince today.” Sulli said while we are having lunch. “It’s been a week now.” She continued.

 

“He is probably just fooling around like he always does.” I answered her.

 

“You guys didn’t hear?” Luna spoke.

 

“Hear what?” Sulli asked her.

 

“He was admitted in the hospital. I don’t know for what reason though.”Luna informed us.

 

I find it odd when I feel worried about that stupid. Weeks had passed and there are a lot of rumors going on about him. He hasn’t come back yet. His fan girls are all gloomy and down because of his absence. And I slowly find my day boring without him bugging me too.

 

“I wonder where is that idiot, right now?”I sighed and stirred my cup of coffee as I gazed outside the window in a café.

 

The bell on the door sound when it swings opened and I shifted my attention to it. My eyes slowly widened when I saw the person who walked in. It’s him!

 

“Amber!” I mumbled his name unconsciously and it made him looked at me.

 

He didn’t say anything, he just curved a smile to me and shifted his attention to the lady on the counter who is asking for his order. I don’t know why but there was something in his eyes when he looked at me.

 

“Thank you!” He said to the counter lady who handed him his take out order.

 

Our eyes met when he glance at me before he went outside. I abruptly get up from my chair and chased him outside.

 

“Yah!” I yelled at him to get his attention.

 

He stopped from his trance and turn around to look at me. He got this surprise look on his face and I marched towards him. Stomping my feet in every step that I make.

 

“What’s your drama now?” I questioned him with sarcasm when I stood in front of him.

 

I mentally face-palmed myself after I said it. I should ask him how he is not asked him like that. I always end up saying the wrong things to him. I noticed the look of confusion on his face and it got me puzzled.

 

“I’m sorry but do I know you?” he asked me.

 

“H-Huh? What did you say?” I asked him in disbelief.

 

“Uhm, I guess I should inform you this but I got this condition where I can’t remember anything that happened to me ten hours ago.” He informed me.

 

“Are you kidding me?!”I raised my voice and he keep his serious face.

 

“Damn, you are not my girlfriend, are you?” he asked frantically.

 

“Stupid!” I yelled at him as I stomped him on his foot and walked away.

 

I hope he was just messing with me because I don’t like the feeling that I feel in my chest right now. I don’t understand why I’m crying.

 

“Hey!” He called me and grabbed me on my arm to stop me from walking away.

 

“What do you want?!” I asked him, keeping my voice not to crack. I didn’t bother to turn around to look at him.

 

“Just give me time, I promise the next time we meet, I will remember you.” He assured me before he slowly let go. “Come on, don’t cry! I feel bad making a beautiful girl like you cry.” He continued.

 

“I am not crying, !” I replied and wiped my tears away before I turned to him.

 

“You know, it’s weird but my heart is beating fast right now.” He informed me.

 

“You’re probably in love with me.” I joked at him.

 

“I think, that’s it! I am in love with you!”

 

He curved a smile to me when our eyes met. I stared back at him. What I heard made me really happy. Someone called him and that’s when he said his goodbye to me. On the next Monday morning, I was expecting to see him waiting on the front gate of our school like he usually does. Honestly, I was nervous and afraid to see that he was not standing on the same spot where he was waiting for me.

 

“Think positive, Krystal!” I cheered myself and take a deep breath before I step out of our car.

 

I can feel my heart pounding as I stood outside. I roamed my eyes around and I got disappointed when I can’t see him on his usual spot.

 

“I guess thinking positive isn’t enough.” I sighed and swing my bag on my shoulder.

 

“Hey Jung!”

 

I heard his voice from behind before I can walk pass at the front gate. I quickly turned around and saw him looking at me with a bright smile on his face. I didn’t manage to say anything.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” he asked and chuckled. “Well, I just wanna greet you a GOOD MORNING and say that…”

 

“I look as beautiful as always!” I said to him and he looked a little bit surprised.

 

“Wow, you read my mind!” He remarked.

 

I got too happy that I didn’t manage to control myself and end up hugging him. I feel his body tensed up and he probably got surprised of my sudden action. But the hell I care!

 

“I’m glad you keep your promise!” I said to him.

 

“Promise?” he asked sounding confused.

 

I just continued hugging him and did not bother to ask him. It made me wonder though how did he manage to remember me.

 

“Amber, how did you remember me?” I asked him after I broke our hug.

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“You forget everything every after 10 hours,right?” I asked him.

 

“So you knew.” He said with a weak smile. “Well, I always set an alarm on my phone to look at my photo gallery in it. It got broken and I just had it fixed yesterday. You see, I always take a photo of the most important persons in my life so that I won’t be able to forget them every day.” He explained.

 

“So does it mean that you won’t remember every conversation that you had on the past?” I questioned him.

 

“Unfortunately, I don’t remember them all. But I will write down now everything that I want to remember forever.”

 

‘So he didn’t remember our conversation on that day. At least, he is standing right in front of me and I am no longer a stranger in his eyes.’

 

“You know, I dreamt about you earlier. We were talking about something. Everything went smooth and perfect but when I am about to kiss you but som….”

 

I cut him off by kissing him. I can feel the eyes of other students on me.

 

“Make sure you wouldn’t forget that or else I will take your brain out of your head, got it?” I threatened him.

 

“If we do that every day, I think I wouldn’t be able to forget it.” He said with a sly smirk.

 

“!” I elbowed him on his stomach and he groaned in pain.

 

“I-I’m just k-kidding.” He said to me as he clutched his stomach with his right hand.

 

I started to walk away and he followed me. He is walking beside me with a big grin on his face.

 

“You know, every time I see you. I feel like I keep falling in love again and again for the first time.” He stated and flashed his dorky smile.

 

I guess it will be perfect if he will be able to remember everything every day.