Chapter 3

The True Reason - Book II

I closed the door behind gently, only to see my manager who was sitting on one of the public line chairs. Once he saw me, he came over and said, "So, Amber. What did he say?"

 

I sighed, scratching the tip of my head. "Well, PD said that I'm going to have a new drama again."

 

"Oh. Then, that'd be great!" He beamed, then we started walking. "When will it start?"

 

"Hm.." I rubbed my temples, remembering what the producer said while I was in his office earlier. "Well, they will tell me as soon as possible. They just wanted to inform me, that I am going to be the main protagonist of the story."

 

We were at MBC building, and the network offered me a drama series, that I am going to starred soon. Although, they still in  the middle of preparation of the drama, I could tell that I am going to be busy again. And it made me think about my family -- Soojung and Trish.

 

"So how's Trish and your soon-to be-wife?" He asked, snapping out of my thoughts. I didn't Even notice, that we were already at the carpark.

 

"Oh, they're good as usual, and Soojung is getting excited on the wedding day by day."

 

He smiled. A genuine smile that usually, a friend would show to his another friend. "I'm happy for the both of you, Amber. I'm lucky that you also hired me as your manager, so that I could attend to your wedding. Hehe."

 

I forgot to tell, that one of my closest manager of f(x) before, was also my manager now. I laughed. "Of course. You are the best manager for me. So you really owe me!" I joked and we both laughed. "By the way. I have to go. I still have to pick Trish at the day care center."

 

"Okay, but you sure you don't want us to send you there?"

 

"Nah.." I shook my head, waving a hand at him. "I have my car, so it is okay."

 

"Well then, take care! Send my Hello's to Trish and Soojung! He said, walking already to his van.

 

I smiled. "Okay, I will!" Then we both bid goodbyes, before we separated ways.

 

From baby <3: How's your meeting with the producer, babe? And, honey? I'm on my way to the daycare to pick Trish and I'm planning to wait for you there, so that the three of us could have lunch together. Is that alright? Where are you by the way?

 

To baby <3: I will just tell you later during lunch, and don't wait for me, you could head straight to Bistro Italiana with Trish. I just got out from MBC. I'm on my way to the restaurant.

 

From baby <3: okay we will wait for you there. I love you! :)

 

To baby <3: love you too!

 

Before I go to the restaurant, I planned to stop in the coffee shop to have my mocha latte cravings, "Here's your latte, ma'am.." I smiled, accepting the cup from the barista's hand, before giving her the money.

 

"Thanks." I said, once the cup was already in my grip.

 

"Oh my god. It is true that you are more handsome in person Amber ssi. Soojung must be lucky to have you." She gasped.

 

I should've wore my cap, so that, no one could recognize me, but it was also a good thing that the coffee shop wasn't crowded, to the point, you could count the customers by your fingers. I let out an awkward laugh, bowing my head, before I spun my heels around and getting ready to leave.

 

As I was about to push the door open, I stopped on my tracks when suddenly a certain customer who was quietly sipping her coffee and reading a book, just caught my attention. She was sitting at the corner, alone, her head was slightly hanged because she was reading, of course and she was actually facing me so I could almost see her face, but I could really tell that she was familiar.

 

Unconsciously, I walked to her direction, and minutes later, I didn't even notice that I was jus 3 steps away from her. And it snapped me, I know this person. She slowly lift her head up, maybe noticing my presence. "Tiffany!"

 

I didn't expect that I'm going to see her after 4 years! "A-Amber?" She must've been surprised by the unexpected encounter -- her face said so, and her eyes went wide.

 

"Wow! Tiffany Hwang! This is unexpected!" I exclaimed in English. Fortunately, there were just only a few customers here.


She blinked, her mouth was slightly agape. "O-oh.. A-Amber!" She looked so tensed, but then she smiled, motioning me to sit across from her, and I gladly accept the offer. "W-wow.. I.. wow.." I was guessing that she couldn't believe that this was happening in front of her eyes.


I chuckled, placing the cup on the table. "Yeah, it was  wow! -- you are wow! You've gotten more beautiful Tiffany." 
  It was true, but  mostly nothing changed except of her shoulder length hair and tan skin - but all in all, she look fabulous! 


"Uh.. y-yeah.. hehe.. thanks." And her eye smile was still there. She then closed her book, placing it on the table, before sipping her coffee.


"Wow.." I uttered, shaking my head side to side. "I couldn't believe that it's already 4 years since the last time we saw each other. How are you?"


She opened her mouth then closed, as if there was something retraining herself from answering. "Uh, y-you? How about you? I heard you already have an adopted daughter? And you're getting married with.. Krystal."


I grinned, when she brought the topic about my daughter and the marriage. "Yeah it was true. Her name is Trish, and she's already 3 years old. About the marriage - yes! That was also true!"


"Oh.. um, when did you propose?" She asked.


I sighed happily, reminiscing about my proposal to Soojung. "About two months ago and after 6 months the wedding is going to happen - oh by the way, I would like to invite you, is that okay?"


I was expecting a congratulatory from her, but it didn't came out from her lips. "That soon?" She must have been surprised by the information. I looked at her confused. "I-I mean.. sure.. sure! I will go.." She smiled and I did in return, shrugging away the thought.


"So, how about you? How was London? Are you staying here for good? Or you are having a photoshoot here for a clothing brand?" I asked, leaning back.


Noticing her body language, I could see that she became tense. I furrowed my eyebrows. Did I ask something uncomfortable? "Uh.. yeah, I am.. I'm staying here for good.." She simply answered and I noticed that she was avoiding my eyes by constantly sipping her coffee.


"A modeling agency took you to come back here?"


"Uh, something like that.." She mumbled and I nodded. Silence..


Then all of a sudden I remember something. "Um.. how about.. how about.." I trailed, and she looked up at me, waiting for me to continue. As if, there was something stuck in my throat like a big watermelon, that keeping from continuing my words. "Seohyun and.. and Jessica?"


She stared at me for quite long, then she smiled. "Seohyun is okay, and.. Jessica.. they're  all okay, Amber." She said softly.


Even though, I couldn't pinpoint what she meant, I sighed, nodding. "I'm sorry, but i think I have to go now, Amber. I have some errands to do." She said as she stood up


I also stood up from my chair, not forgetting my latte. "Oh, is that so? That's okay. Actually, I'm also going somewhere else too, until I saw you. Anyways, I had fun talking with you and I will just send the invitation cards to you soon."


She smiled. "I had fun talking with you too, Amber and thank you for inviting me."


"Don't mention it. You are one of our friends." I said and she just smiled in response.


"Thank you, Amber. By the way, I have to go. See you next time, bye!"


"Bye!" And with that she left..
















                                     

 

                                                                                                                                                                                      <\><\><\><\><\><\>


















Yesterday, after my surprising encounter with Tiffany, I immediately went to the restaurant to meet up with my daughter and Soojung, where the both of them were already waiting for me there when I got there. During our lunch, I told Krystal about my conversation with Tiffany, and she, also was surprised that Tiffany was here..



But, I also noticed that she wanted to tell me something, but it seems like she was struggling to say it. There was some point, that she was hesitating and the other was couldn't say it, and I didn't have any idea why..







I'm on my way now to TaeSunYeon restaurant whose owners are Taeyeon, Sunny and Hyoyeon to give the invitation cards of my wedding, when suddenly, I saw Tiffany just entered in a building from the other side of the street. Even from afar, I could tell that it was Tiffany, but it confused me when I saw her wearing an office 'get-up'.


"Johnson and K's real estate agency.." I mumbled out lout. I pull over, turning the engine off before unbuckling my seatbelt. The building wasn't that big, but it wasn't small either. I wonder what is she doing here?


I shrugged my shoulders. "Anyways, might as well give her the invitation cards." I said to myself, stepping out from the car, now, not forgetting to wear my cap and sunglasses on, and of course the card, before crossing the street.


Once inside the building, I walked straight to the reception desk. "Yes? What can I do for you, sir?" The receptionist asked with a smile. I guess the disguise was okay.


"Uh, yeah... could I talk to Ms. Tiffany Hwang?" As soon as it slipped through my lips, I immediately regretted it. Stupid! As if Tiffany is working here! 


"Oh!- Tiffany Hwang? The one who just entered, just awhile ago?" She exclaimed and I stared at her in surprise. Of course she knows Tiffany! She is a model, remember?

"Yeah-yeah! That one!" I nodded vigorously.


"Tiffany Hwang? The former Sonyuhshidae member, right?"


"Yeah-yeah! You're right! She is!"


"The Tiffany Hwang who just transferred here from North Carolina?"


"Yeah-yeah you're rig--" I paused. What did I just hear? "What did you say?"


She tilted her head to the right side as if, wondering she said something wrong. "Uh, North Carolina? She was transferred from North Carolina?"


What the? What is she saying? "Uh, are you sure you are talking about Tiffany Hwang? Maybe you were just mistaken miss."


"Hm.. you are talking about the woman who just recently entered, right?" I nodded.


"Then you are talking about the Tiffany Hwang who was a former member of  Sonyuhshidae?I nodded again.


"Then, I did not mistaken sir. She was transferred from North Carolina and been working here for a few days now - Anyways, do you have an appointment with Ms. Hwang?" I couldn't speak. I was too speechless and especially to shock to hear the information. I was confused. North Carolina? Been working there for a few days now? I thought..?


 

"Oh - Ms. Hwang! There's someone who wants to talk to you!"


"Oh, really?" I could hear footsteps coming from my left and looked up to see Tiffany approaching me, but then she might have been recognized me, because she stopped all of a sudden. She was shocked to see me here, standing a few steps away from her. She couldn't say anything but she just stared at me in surprise. 



Why did she lie? Why did she say that she just came back from London?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

A/N: Is it early to say that drama is getting nearer?.. hmm.. nah.. I think I dont.. :)