Chapter 16

The True Reason - Book II

“Mister? Do you have a moment? I just want to ask you something.”

 

Maybe nervous was an understatement of what I felt from the very moment I stepped into this place.  I felt excited but at the same time, afraid. My heart wouldn't stop beating even though I already calmed myself. The moment I stepped out from the car, I couldn't help but to get worried and I didn't know why.

 


“Ah, son..”

 


Maybe, I knew why after all. Maybe, it’s because I am already here.

 

There was this amusement in his voice that I didn't know why. “This address is just right there!” I followed the direction where his finger was pointing at.

 


That one? Is he sure about th—“I may be 70 years old son but I know this address. I've been living my whole life here in North Carolina and I am definitely sure that this address is just that building.”

 

He must've noticed the confusion on my face but as I’ve known Jessica for years, it is impossible that she will live there. I mean, I'm not underestimating Jessica or anything but it's really impossible!

 

 

 


(Just imagine that this is the building)

 

I think Tiffany gave me the wrong address. I might give her a call later when I get back to the hotel.

 

I faced the old man, giving him a polite smile. “Thank you, sir. I think my friend gave me the wrong address. Sorry for disturbing you but I really appreciate your kindness.” I said but the old man just scrunched up his face like he was scrutinizing me under his stare. 

 


“Are you looking for someone, son?” I was supposed to nod, but he beat me to it because he asked another question right away.

 

“Perhaps, the love of your life? Your wife?” I was shocked the moment those words slipped through his lips. I couldn't say a thing, it’s as if my throat was somewhat stuck. Is he a psychic or something? 

 

Soon, the corner of his lips tugged upwards. It was in a nice way, I might say, it’s as if he was giving me a good luck pat on my back. My face soon relaxed of what he said next. “You will find what you're looking for, my son. Just have faith. Have faith.”

 

And with that, he gave me one last smile before he left me thinking of what he said.

 


Have faith.

 

I watched him walk away from me, until he was out of sight. 

 

“Have faith..” I breathed out loud while staring at the perfect blue sky. Somehow the fluffy clouds made me calm. I didn't know how long I have been staring out of nowhere, until I heard something off the background that pulled me back to reality.

 

I looked over where the sound came from, knowing it was just across the street. But I almost lost my balance of what I saw..

 

"J-Jessica.." I almost couldn't recognized my voice when I whispered her name and in an instant, I can feel my heart beating harder than usual. It was like, I couldn't breath properly.

 

But what made my knees go weak was when I finally saw the boy. They maybe a few steps away from me but I could tell that the boy is so adorable.

 

From here, I watched him smiling so brightly while walking with Jessica. I watched him talking happily with Jessica----everything was just so bright when it comes to that boy and there’s something inside me that urged  to run towards them and embrace them as if there's no tomorrow.

 

The boy was wearing a school uniform and Jessica's clothing was like Tiffany's when the day I caught her entering the real estate company.

 

They didn't notice me because they were immersed in talking to each other, as if the topic they were talking about was really interesting to them. I was just following them behind, watching them from across the street..

 

"J-Jessica!" And, I didn’t know what was gotten into me that I shouted her name.

 

Yes, I did shout her name, but soon I regretted it and I just wanted to hide right away so that they wouldn't see me but it was already too late--- they both turned around and once our eyes met, I didn't realize that I was already walking towards them, as if her eyes were like a magnet..

 

 

>>>>>>

 

 

 

 


Jessica

 


"I didn't know what happened to you but I want to know what exactly happened to that room." His voice was kind of calm but I couldn't hide the fact that I am already terrified because I knew that he was starting to get mad.

 

"I-I am sorry sir, i-it was-----"

 

"Sorry?!" I startled because of that but couldn't do anything so I  just hung my head low and stood in silence. "-----Sorry?! Goddammit Jessica! You almost lost our important client and that's the only thing you will say to me?!"

 

It was the monthly meeting with our clients earlier and I was assigned to report our latest offers to them..

 

I was actually okay with presenting the reports in front of our clients and I don't have any problem with that because, honestly I have been doing those for how may years and I am confident every time I would always face our clients and I am doing a good job on that, but..

 

Earlier at the meeting, during my report, I didn't know what was happening to me, I wasn't with myself  that I kept on spacing out, stuttering, as if, it was my first time doing that, to the point I already forgot what I was blabbering about during the meeting and it turned out, that one of our important client got pissed at me.

 

In short, I made a pretty big mess..

 


It's because, she is finally here..

 

Is it? Is that why?

 

Why not ask yourself? You are just denying it..

 

Is.. it? It is.

 

 

"------Are you even listening to me?!" Oh, god. My heart almost stopped upon hearing his voice. I didn't know that I was spacing out again. I muttered a yes and continuously yet pathetically, hung my head low.

 

I heard him sigh and somehow the tension inside his office was slowly decreasing. "I didn't mean to snap at you, Ms. Jung but I hope you would understand what I was saying. I know people tend to get mistakes, but you know Ms. Jung I'm already old enough to correct my employees mistakes. Shouting at my employees is also the same as giving me a heart attack."

 


Silence was engulfing between us but I was just keeping my head low, praying that this will end soon. "Okay.." He sighed, once again. "Go back to your work now."

 

Since I wanted to leave this room so much, without hesitations, I bowed, apologizing again before depressingly going out of his office.

 

As I closed the door behind, I saw Seohyun quickly approaching towards me. She must've heard the conversation since I could see on her face that she was worried. "Unnie.. Are you okay" 

 

I smiled and I knew that it didn't reach to my eyes. "It's okay, Seohyun." I managed to say.

 

"Unnie, what happened to you? Are you really okay? Did something happen to Albie?" 

 

I was actually having second thoughts if I would tell her the reason, but then again, she is Seohyun. She's like my second sister to me and besides, I trust her enough so I think it was okay to tell her everything.

 

 "I'll tell you over lunch."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Mommy, what time will you pick me up later at school?"

 

"The usual my son. Why?"

 

"Hmm.. Nothing. Hehe. I was just asking. Hmm.. Mommy, can we go to the plaza this Friday?"

"This Friday? Hmm.. Let me think... Well, it’s okay. We can go there after I pick you up. Is that okay?"

 

"That's okay mommy! Hehe!"

 

Albie and I were happily talking to each other hand in hand while we were on our way to his school, when suddenly, I heard someone shouted my name. The voice was kind of familiar to me so I immediately turned around to see who it was..

 

At that moment, my heart skipped a bit and it’s as if my body was turned into jell-o that I didn't notice I already dropped Albie's hand. 

 

"Mommy? Who is he? He's already walking towards us, mommy."

 

I didn't intend not to answer Albie's question, it just that moment, once our eyes locked with each other, as if my surrounding just stopped----the time stopped all of a sudden that I couldn't move my body or lift feet my off the ground, even if I wanted to.

 

"Mom? Hey, you're spacing out.."

 

And after that, I was brought back to reality and I realized that the distance between us was slowly decreasing... she was approaching us already.

 

And, It was just right in time that I found a taxi.

 

 

"So, you ran away from her?"

 

Did I? Well, it seems so.

 

There was a brief silence between us and it wasn't awkward, though. I was guessing that she was finding the right words to speak up again.

 

"So, how are you?" She asked, and I kind of sensed what she was talking about.

 


I didn't answer right away but instead played my pasta with the fork as if it was the most interesting thing to do. "I'm okay."

 

Which is true, I think.

 

"I think you're not, unnie." I stopped my movements, slowly looking up at her. Her face was kind of gentle and yet it feels like she was shouting at me that it was okay to tell her everything. 

 

I really felt bad that I wasn’t telling her everything about what happened earlier. I know that I could trust Seohyun. She could give me advices and I know that I could trust them.

 

"I am scared, Seohyun." I mumbled while sniffing. I didn't even realize that I starting to tear up. "I am scared because she finally found us and I didn't even know how. I am scared that once she finds out that we have a child together, she’ll take him away from me. What if.. what if, she'll take Albie away from me? I-i can't.. I don't know what I’ll do, Seohyun. All of my sacrifices will go to waste, Seohyun."

 

Maybe I caught some attention already but what can I do? I couldn't help it. I just couldn't handle the thought that someone would take Albie away from me. It's also as the same as killing me.

 

"But unnie.. Amber is not a bad person and you know that. You witnessed her kindness. She won't do anything that will hurt you."

 

Upon hearing her words, instantly, the memories I had with Amber kept on playing on my head. My heart skipped a beat but yet it still hurt me. It was as if those memories just happened yesterday.

 

"And if the reason why she's here is because she finally found out everything, I know that this is hard for you unnie, but I think, it's time for Albie and Amber to meet. You can’t just escape that, unnie. You can't just keep the truth. Someday, Albie and Amber will know. They must know. They have the right to know."

 

And I was just beyond speechless.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------

 

Hello guys! Yes. I am back. After 4 months? Yes, i am back. And im so happy because I finally updated my story. Actually, the first part of the chapter was created uhm.. a month ago, and I stopped writing it again because of school and I had a writer's block so yeah.. I was really busy these past few months and during that time I was aching to write but college is eating me already.. fortunately thanks to TTheGrimReaper!!! My new co-author! Please give my partner  a round of applause.. she proofread this chapter and of course will proofread some later chapters.. hehehe.. 

 

I'm really sorry for the late update guys and i hope you didn;t forget this story.. i am hoping for your comments and upvotes and for the new readers thank you! please dont forget to subscribe this story.. see you again! :) 

 

BTW, may mga pinoy ba dito? Sino yung nagaaral dito sa DLS st. benilde? :) thanks..

For my readers out there, I badly need your help.. 

All you have to do is to visit these links: http://werf01.sharethisstory.net/ph-484648-1830?utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_campaign= 

http://werf01.sharethisstory.net/ph-484648-1860?utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=

don't worry its not a malware,virus or something.. its just a website. please click the link and visit the site and that's it! please and thank you in advance! I love you all! And don't worry, I'll update the next chapter later or tomorrow. thank you guys! :)) hope you can visit it!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TTheGrimReaper: Thank you all for your wonderful comments everyone! Our dear author has made a good job updating right? Stay tuned for more updates. I hope you are all excited for the next chapter. Show us some love by subscribing, leaving a comment and upvoting our story. This has been TTheGrimReaper. I am also a Filipino btw. :)