Chapter 15

The True Reason - Book II

Waiting..

 

I am actually waiting for her answer.

 

I knew that it was overreacting to say, but my heart was pounding like hell. Questions were starting to pile up inside my head..

 


What if, she'd say no? What if, she'd think about it, but she would say no afterwards? What if.. "Okay babe.. Just don't forget to call us every day okay?" She said before releasing a sigh. That sigh. I know that she was just contemplating.

 

I didn't answer yet but just stared at her. Seeing her face, even though that she wasn't looking at me, I know and I could feel it. I could feel, that she doesn't want me to go there. 

 

Sigh. What have I done? Why am I using my own mom as an alibi, just for me to go to LA? Why do I have to lie like this? When did this happen?

 

I know you do, Amber. You knew it yourself. My other side whispered to me.

 

Yeah. I know it. I know, what is my reason --- Jessica and Albie..

 

I really felt bad. I was guilty for sure. Slowly, I lean my head forward and place a gentle and long kiss on her forehead. In response, she tightened her arms around my waist as I heard her sigh in contentment. "I will. I promise you. 1 month is short. I'll be back." I whispered onto her lips as we were both staring at each other with admiration in our eyes.

 

The corner of her lips turned slightly as she placed a palm on my cheek. "I love you." I said, looking at her in the eyes before gibing her a short yet passionate kiss on the lips.

 

I felt her thumb rubbing the left side of my cheek. "I love you more, my Amber.." She said and then she gave me another kiss again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

>>>>>>

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So.. You're planning to go to North Carolina.." I nodded at the statement, hanging my head low.

 

 

Yesterday night, after I got my approval from Soojung.. Before I drifted off to sleep, I had decided to tell my plans to Mr. and Mrs. Jung. I thought they have the right to know.. Since they know the real story of Jessica's departure four years ago.

 

I took a sip of the tea that Mrs. Jung had offered me earlier, just to calm my nerves a bit. After tasting the bitter brown-ish liquid, I placed the teacup on the coffee table in front of me, where that thing was separating us, since the old couple was sitting on the sofa across from me. I looked up, meeting the eyes of the couple. I nodded. "Yes, dad. I'm going there. I've had decided. I already got Soojung's approval."

 

 

"What did you tell her?" He asked.

 

I admit. Even though, that it was just a simple question, but for me it was quite difficult to answer. "I.. I told her that my mom got into an accident.. That I need to go to LA just to check her."

 

He sighed, and somehow I flinched. "What did my daughter say?"

 

There's no point in hesitating, because they knew why I was doing this. "She said... Yes dad."

 

A deafening silence was surrounding the room and I had wished.. Something or someone interrupt us for a moment. "I understand." He finally stated, nodding his head slowly but not looking at me.

 

"When will you leave, Amber?" Mrs. Jung asked.

 

"Next week. I plan to go there next week." I said, meeting the eyes of the old couple.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

>>>>>>

 

ONE WEEK AFTER..

 


Exiting through the sliding door and suddenly stopping, I roamed my surroundings, looking for a certain person or rather.. A group of people. Feeling that my sunglasses was such a disturbance, I hastily removed it and scanned the surroundings again.

 

After a couple of minutes of hunting "Amber!" A perfect English, yet the voice was so familiar called my name. 

 

I whirled around and immediately, my lips formed a huge grin when I saw the people that I have been missing for years. "Jackie! Mom! Dad!"

 

I was about to run into them, but they beat me to it. They engulfed me into a group hug and I immediately felt, how much I miss my family. "God.. Guys! I miss you so much!" I said as we all pulled apart.

 

"God , Amber!" My dad exclaimed. "You have grown taller! And you become more handsome! Actually you are more handsome than me already!" He said and we all laughed at my dad's remarked.

 

"Oh god, I still can't believe that my daughter is finally here with us.." Mom said, walking towards me to give me a brief hug which I gladly accepted, of course.

 

"You know what Ambie.. I really didn't expect that I will miss you but yeah.. We all miss you, Am."

 

 

"Aww.. Guys.. You are making me cry here.." I said, wiping the fake tears in my eyes which the three of them chuckled. "But honestly.. Mom, dad and Jackie.. I miss you too.. And I am really happy that, I am here again."

 

"We are happy too,  Amber that you're here. By the way, why Krystal and our little grandchild weren't able to come with you?" Dad asked.
"Yeah,  Amber. " Jackie added."Are they both busy?" 

 

I knew from the start, that when I landed my feet here, they would ask me,  if why I went here alone and if why they didn't come with me. I knew, that I have to answer it. I knew it was inevitable..

 

"I will tell you guys the reason when we get home."  I answered with a smile,  because at least,  my family has the right to know.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

"So.. You're saying.. You're saying that.. You have another child.. With.. Jessica. " I nodded at my dad's statement. And it wasn't a question I had to remind.

 

When we got home,  as promised,  I immediately told them the reason. I told them everything. All of it. That was why they had those shocking reactions on their faces..

 

"And.. Krystal.. Are you planning to tell her about this?" Mom asked.

 

Speaking of Soojung, when they sent me to the airport together with Mr. and Mrs. Jung,  I remember that she was always clinging to me, although she was just quiet the whole time while we were waiting for the plane, I could feel that she doesn't want me to leave, while Trish.. Well,  what could I say? She was also the same as her mom..

 

"Yes.. I.. I am planning to tell her about it." I said quietly.

 

I just had notice one thing, I already got mom and dad's response, but Jackie.. I still haven't heard anything from her.

 

The looks on her face, as if.. As if she was in a deep thought..

 

"Jackie.. Hey.." I called, and this time I caught her attention. "At least.. Say something?"

 

Mom and dad were also looking at her. All of us were waiting for her response. I was starting to wonder..  What was she thinking right now? "I.. I think, I already saw the boy.."

 
 

Huh? What? "B-but.. H-how?" I was surprised or rather the tree of us.

 

She must've been seen the reaction on our faces that's why she continued. "I went to North Carolina last month for a seminar. During our 2 day break, my friends and I decided to go to a park to.. You know.. Just to chill.. And while, I was strolling, I was just surprised to see Jessica there.. Because I thought she was in London. There, I saw her with a boy.."

 

"What are they doing there? Did she say something?" I know,  that I may sound like a desperate one, but I felt the need to know the answers so badly. I couldn't get rid of it.

 

"She was just playing with the boy and I was wondering if why she was in North Carolina. Of course, I approach and greeted them, but I was confused, because during that time when I greeted the boy.. It seems.. It seems that, or she seems like preventing him to talk to me..  And she looked like she wanted to leave already, when the time that I approach them. And it  was weird, because that boy looks like you Amber. It definitely looks like you.. Those eyes.. The smile. He resembles to you, Am.."

 

I was.. Speechless. I didn't know how would I react. Jackie stray was such a strong effect on me.

 

I felt that.. I felt that, I really want to see them now. "Amber?"

 

"Y-yeah,  mom?"

 

"What will you do now?"

 

The main reason why, I went here "I'll go to North Carolina tomorrow." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------

 

 

A/N: Hello! *waves hand* oh my gosh.. i am really sorry because i have been gone for a long time.. huhu.. T_T 


this semester was so hard to me that was why i didnt have any time to update this story.. oh, please forgive me?? :))

 

 

anyways, back to the story.. now.. the long wait is over.. and yes i can finally say that on the next chapter.. jessica and amber will meet again.. but the question is... how??

thank you by the way for the comments and to all of the subscribers of TTR book 2. i really appreciate it.. :D

see you on the next chapter.. :D