Chapter 2

The True Reason - Book II

Three years ago, just a year later when Soojung and I officially dated, and a few months after of f(x)'s disbandment, I got Trisha outside of my door. Soojung and I were both surprised when suddenly, someone rang my doorbell at my place in the middle of the night - but we were more shocked, when  we saw a baby crying just in front of my door. She was so tiny, maybe 2 1/2 pounds that time. She was in an old portable crib and we both immediately noticed the folded paper by her foot.

 

Please take care of her and love her like your own. Someday.. please say my apology to her.. That was the letter said.

 

Both of us were confused, and I didn't have any idea, why did the person chose my place. "What are we going to do, baby?" That was the first thing Krystal asked to me.

 

I actually didn't know.. I thought, that time and honestly, I didn't know how to take care of a child, neither Krystal too.

 

"She is so beautiful.." Krystal said, once we both entered the place again, together with the baby. Indeed, Krystal was right. Actually, aside from being cute, she was also beautiful. Her nose was straight; her chocolate brown eyes were so round and when she smile.. it made my heart melt.

 

"Let's keep her, Amber. We're going to be her parents from now on.." I was surprised that Soojung considered it so easily without thinking the consequences. At that moment, I admit I was hesitant, because I was too young - not matured enough to be a parent. I was thinking for some possibilities that time, but I was glad, I chose to look for a brighter side. We kept Trisha and she's our child now. She changed Soojung and I's lives in a wonderful way, and we were happy that we have her.

 

"Amber." I lost my train of thoughts, when suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

 

"Uncle Jung." I stood up, offering him the chair beside me.

 

"Just call me dad, Amber. You're going to be part of the family." He smiled and I did, in return. "So, how's everything going?" He asked as we both sat on our own chairs, simultaneously. I sighed happily, as I avert my attention on watching Soojung and Trish together with auntie, playing. We just had our lunch and, uncle and auntie Jung insisted us to stay to spend more time with them, and now we're all in the backyard, with them playing with Trish, while uncle and I, watching them from afar. "We were doing okay, dad. It was just so hectic, because of our own schedules, but still, we manage to spent some time with Trish."

 

"Hm.." He nodded, as if agreeing with my statement. "How about Sulli, Victoria and Luna? I never heard of them, especially Victoria."

 

"Victoria unnie is busy with her own showbiz career in China. Sulli and Luna are busy too with their own careers, but we still managed to communicate with each other." I said, reminiscing my moments with them.

 

I was just glad that, even though we're not f(x) anymore, we still manage to keep in touch with each other and I was more than happy that the bond we made for years, didn't break. "Your concert? I heard  from Soojung that you're going to have your second concert, Amber?"

 

After the f(x) disbandment, Mr. Lee gave us another opportunity to be a celebrity again, but of course not as a group, but as an individual showbiz personalities. Yes - the five of us were still under SM's care, even though that Victoria was in China, still, SM agency was handling her.

 

Krystal chose to be a ramp and fashion model instead; Sulli was already an actress, the same as Luna, though mostly in theaters; while me, a solo artist and all of us were doing good.

 

A first, when SM introduced me as their new solo artist, I was afraid that fans wouldn't like me.. there were so many 'what if's' in my head that time and mostly -- actually it was all negative thoughts.

 

But fortunately, it happened in a different way.. I never expected such massive love from my fans, and never thought that, I will also become popular in some other countries too. 3 years as a solo artist, I never thought, that I will have my second concert for a short period of time. "Yea, dad. We're still planning about it, but they said, that it's definitely this year.."

 

 

"That's good! I'm going to watch out for that.." He said, giving me a pat on the shoulder.

 

I smiled. "Hehe.. thanks, dad."

 

Then a brief silence between us. "Wow.. time really flies so fast.. my little princess is going to get married." I turned to look at him and even though that his eyes were focused on the two ladies who were busy playing with Trish, I could tell that he was sad, not because I am marrying her daughter, but because of.. "But, I am happy. Her mom and I are really happy, that you found love with each other. I just.. couldn't believe that my youngest daughter is growing so fast.. back then, when she was still a baby, I was changing her diapers, preparing her milk, playing with her together with her mom.. but right now.. our Krystal.. she's a lady and already getting married.. I am happy, that she's happy now, Amber.." He smiled, still watching the three.

 

Both of our families have been supportive from the start -- from the day we both told them, that Soojung and I were officially together - from the day, when we're going to adopt Trish - from the day, we decided to live together, and lastly, from the day we were announcing our marriage. They never left us ever since, and I was thankful, that we have a very supportive families like them.

 

I brought a hand on his shoulder, and he turned his head to me, some tears just fell from his eyes, but he wasn't sad now. I smiled. "Don't worry, dad. I'm going to take care of my queen and my little princess. I won't hurt them. I promise."

 

He smiled - the smile, that was telling me, that he was contented now. Nodding, he said. "Thank you, Amber. Thank you."

 

"Appa! Grandpa!" Our attention was shifted to the little kid who was running gleefully towards us. Soojung and auntie were just following behind, and uncle immediately wiped his tears, so that they would not notice.

 

"Hey there, little princess." I said, lifting her up into my arms, before kissing her cheek.

 

"Hey there, baby." Soojung greeted, as she kissed me on the lip having a sweet smile on her face then, standing beside me. As a response, I wrapped my arm around her waist, and pressing her closer to me.

 

"Darling? Did you cry? Why are your eyes so puffy and red?" Auntie asked, looking at uncle worriedly.

 

"Dad, why? Is there something wrong?" Krystal added.

 

"H-huh? What.. what do you mean? I did not." Uncle tried to ignore but he stammered.

 

"Uncle Jung.." Then they all turned to look at me, and I let out a nervous laugh. "Didn't cry. It was because of the sun. He accidentally sets his eyes on it."

 

At first, I thought, they wouldn't believe me because of my lame alibi and now they're all giving me weird looks. I was praying so hard, for them to buy it, but then, Trish butted in. "Hmm.. I think appa is right. I also did the same yesterday, while I was playing at the park with umma. It stings, that it also made me cry." She said, pouting.

 

"Y-yeah.." Our eyes were back to uncle. "Amber was right. It was the sun's fault. Hehe.." Phew! It seems that auntie and Soojung did believe us, by the looks on their faces.

 

"Hm.. next time, don't do it. I think you're getting old, yeobo.." Auntie said and uncle just laughed it off, kissing her cheek.

 

"Appa.." I felt Trish whispered into my ear. "But.. grandpa is already old, isn't it?" I almost laughed at her question, fortunately the three Jungs were busy talking to each other. I looked at her and giggled. She really looks genuinely confused.

 

"Yes.." I whispered back. "Grandma Jung was just joking."

 

"Aah.." She uttered in realization, while nodding her head. I grinned as I kissed her forehead.

 

"By the way, we're going now mom, dad.." I heard Soojung say and saw her already kissing her parents cheeks.

 

I put Trish on the ground and she immediately ran towards her grandparents. "Bye-bye grandma, grandpa. I really had fun today.." Auntie and uncle bent down, so that Trish could kiss their cheeks.

 

"Aigoo.. our little Trish.." Uncle said as he scooped Trish into his arms. "I also had fun today.. what are you going to do next after this?"

 

"Appa is going to do her promise to me!" Trish squealed in excitement, and I just heard a giggle from my wife. My eyes widen. Oh no, Trish. Please don't tell them.

 

"And what did your appa promise to you?"  Auntie asked, pinching Trish's cheeks and Soojung just giggled more.

 

Oh, Trish.. don't say it.. don't -- "To be a llama with a combination of koala in a day!" She exclaimed in happiness, while clapping her hands. The three of them burst into laughter while I was blushing in embarrassment.

 

I mentally face palmed myself and would take a mental note, not to tell Trish about llamas and koalas anymore.