Chapter 9

The True Reason - Book II

"Albert?"

 
 

".."

 
 

"Albert Joseph?"

 
 

".."

 
 

"Albert Joseph Jung? Where are you?"

 
 

Suddenly a giggle could be heard just a few steps away from me, knowing that sound was coming from behind the couch. I smirked as I tip toed towards the direction of the sound. "Oh my gosh! Where did my Albert go? I couldn't find him.." I said out loud, pretending that I was already frustrated, and it just made the giggle-sound more audible.

 
 

I stifled a giggle as I getting nearer, and when I already reached his hiding spot, "GOTCHA!" I immediately received a squeal from him, locking him into my arms, immediately as he tried to ran away again.

 
 

"Haha! You cant get away from me now!" I lift him up into my arms and his cute laugh didn't stop.

 
 

"Mom.."Later on, he whined, pouting his lips. I pinched his rosy cheeks for that. "But, I didn't want to sleep, yet.. I want to play more.."

 
 

"But you still have school tomorrow and I have work. We need to wake up early, so we need to sleep right now.." I said sweetly as we walked to his room, tucking him in the bed. "I'm sorry baby, but I promise, that I will play with you when my day off comes, okay?"

 
 

He sighed. As long as I didn't want to see him sad, I didn't have a choice. Most of the time, I'm always tired from work, that I didn't have time to play with Albert. As a mother, of course, I feel sad. That was the only thing he wants to ask and, yet I couldn't give it to him.

 
 

"Oh! I know, Albert!" Then an idea popped in my head. Instantly I caught his attention. "Mommy promise you that this weekend, we are going to the park and we will play there! You can even ask your friend Alice if you want! And after that, we are going to buy your favorite ice cream, is that what you want?"

 
 

And his face brightened. A big grin was slowly forming onto her lips. "Really, mommy?! Is that true?!"

 
 

I nodded, smiling at his enthusiasm. "But, there's more.."

 
 

He gasped, quickly sitting up straight. "There's more?"

 
 

The sparkle in his eyes, when I said those just made me happy. "When I got my salary, I'm going to buy you a Rubik's cube!"

 
 

He gasped in excitement. "Really, mommy?!"

 
 

I giggled. "Yes, my son.."

 
 

"Oh my god - yesh!" He exclaimed, pumping his fist into the air.

 
 

"Okay-okay.. so, are we going to sleep now?" I asked, as I gently lay him back on the bed.

 
 

Grinning, he nodded vigorously. "But can I solve one puzzle of Rubik's before I go to sleep?" He asked cutely and I chuckled, shaking my head side to side as I open his nightstand drawer.

 
 

"You and your Rubik's cube. Okay, here we go." I said, handing him the cube. His eyes immediately lit up, when the cube was already in his grasp.

 
 

"Mommy?" He called, not looking up, because he was busy solving his cube.

 
 

"Yes, baby?" I reached out my hand, caressing his cheeks with my thumb.

 
 

I was constantly rubbing his cheeks with my fingers, when all of a sudden, I stopped as I heard his question. "Does daddy also addicted with Rubik's cube like me?"

 
 

I felt my heart thump against my chest. Fortunately, he didn't break his attention on his cube. I didn't want him to notice, that his mother got nervous, all of a sudden.

 
 

"W-what.." I trailed, taking a deep breath. "Why did you asked all of a sudden, my son?"

 
 

"Hmm.." He stopped turning the cube, then a few seconds, he was back on solving it again. "Nothing mommy, just askin'. But.. is my dad handsome?"

 
 

I stared at my son. Suddenly, I remember something or rather.. someoneA person -- and thinking that person, it just made my heart beat faster. A small smile was formed on the corner of my lip. "Let's just sleep, okay? We have to wake up early tomorrow."

 

He must've not notice that I dodged his question, because he was still a 4 year-old kid, but I knew that he wouldn't drop the subject if he didn't get his answers, immediately. "Hm. Okay. Another but last question.. did you love daddy?"

 
 

My heart skip a beat. For all of the questions he wanted to ask, he jumped suddenly to that question, instead. I didn't answer him, quickly and he seems not bothered by it, because he was still consumed on playing the cube..

 
 

Did you love daddy?

 
 

Love daddy?

 
 

Love..

 
 

Love..

 
 
 My Amber..
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

                                                                                         <\><\><\><\><\><\>

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

It seems that, the mysterious puzzle was now solved. Now, I truly understand.. the dots were already connected and I got my answers.

 
 

"Ow!" Suddenly, I felt a brief pain on the top of my head, knowing the culprit - Tiffany Hwang just pulled a strand of my hair harshly. I scowled and she just showed me her trademark eye smile. "Yah! Tippany! What was that for?!"

 
 

She giggled. "Nothing. Okay, bye!"

 
 

"Yah! What'll you do with my hair?" She didn't gave me a decent answer, because she immediately left.

 
 

It happened 4 years ago, a month before the Girls' Generation's disbandment. I was just surprised that Tiffany just pulled a strand of my hair without me knowing. Of course that time, I was puzzled. I asked myself that moment, what will she do with my hair? But then, after I left at Tiffany's place earlier.. now, I knew everything. I knew all of it.

 
 

Ring. Ring. My thoughts were snapped, when suddenly my phone started ringing on the passenger's  seat. I took it, and looked at the caller ID.

 
 

Soojung.

 
 

After I found out the truth, behind my break up with Jessica, I didn't know, but I couldn't get mat at Soojung. I couldn't get mad at Soojung despite, that she was the reason why Jessica sacrificed her relationship with me before..

 
 

I couldn't get mad at her. I just.. couldn't.

 
 

"Hello, Soojung?"

 
 

"Hello, baby? Are you, okay? You sound so tiredWhere are you? I'm getting worried.."

 
 

My heart tugged. I closed my eyes, leaning my head on the car window. Hearing her voice that was so gently but full of worries, I couldn't help but to feel guilty. "I'm on my way home now. Maybe after 30 minutes I'm already there."

 
 

I knew that I lied. Actually, I was already at the car park of our apartment building. I just felt that, I wanted to be alone, for awhile. "Okay, baby. I will just wait for you here. By the way, Trish wants to talk to you -- here, baby. It is Appa."

 
 

Then seconds later, after hearing a few shuffles from the other line, a muffled yawn was heard. I smiled, knowing it was Trish. "Appa?"

 
 

My smile grew wider after I heard her cute little voice. "Yes, my little daughter? Why are you still awake?"

 
 

"I just woke up and I noticed that you are not here, appaUmma said that you went to uncle Key. Its already 1:00 AM, appa. Come home.. ppaliappa. Come home.."

 
 

In an instant, my heart melted. "ArraseoAppa is on her way now, don't worry, okay? I love you, Trish. Now, would you give back the phone to umma?"

 
 

"I love you too, appa." I smiled. "Ummaappa wants you."

 
 

After a few seconds, I felt the phone was already passed back to Soojung. "Hello, Soojung? If you're already tired. You can go to sleep first. You don't have to wait for me."

 
 

"No its okay, baby. I'm not sleepy, yet. I will just wait for you. I don't want to sleep while you're still outside, and besides I couldn't get to sleep without you beside me.."

 
 

And again, I felt another tug in my chest. I sighed. "Okay, then."

 
 

"Okay, baby. Don't take too long, okay? I love you.."

 
 

Somehow, I didn't know what has gotten into me, why I didn't respond so quickly like I used to be. "Hm. Me too. Bye." And, I ended the call.