Chapter 7

Reality Check.

 

 

“Jongin-ah… You are the next heir.” Beep.

 

It was said that Mr. Kim died because of old age. However no one knew that behind those deep wrinkles that surrounded Mr. Kim’s face, he was actually only 48 years old. So with no doubt, his dead was most definitely not because of old age.

But since the public couldn’t know that actual truth, Mr. Lee had to cover it up.

 

For the next few days, Kyungsoo and Jongin never left Jongin’s house. Not even for work or food. The only thing they did was consoling each other. Giving hugs and small pecks here and there.

Kris and Sehun gave their condolences to Jongin, even Kyungsoo’s co-workers gave their condolences, although they didn’t even know him that well.

 

“I need a replacement ASAP for Jongin. Anyone got ideas?” Kris spoke to his employ.

“Why do you even bother to say Anyone? Its just me here.” Sehun spoke up.

“…Whatever. Anyways, you know anyone?”

Ding Ding

The door opened and a black haired male shyly entered the bar. “H-hello?”

“We’re closed for the day. Sorry.” Kris turned around.

“Oh… I’m just looking for a job. And was wondering… ah…uh… you know… if you have a … urm.. a job? I do have full experience.” The male spoke in broken Korean and his distinct features made it obvious he wasn’t Korean.

Kris didn’t want to offend the other, so he quietly said in Chinese, “Chinese?”

The other’s face brightened up, “Yes! I am!”

“Okay, well since we kind of need a replacement ASAP, I’ll let you work here for… I don’t know the amount of time.  You can start working from today, if that’s okay with you.” Kris spoke in fluent Chinese.  “Oh yeah, what’s your name?”

“Tao. Huang Zitao. But I go with Tao.” He spoke in Korean so that the other Korean male next to him would understand.

“I’m Kris. The boss. And that is Sehun. We have another worker, but obviously he’s the  reason why you’re working here. His name is Jongin.”

Tao nodded, “Alright. Well… Can we speak Korean? I need to learn it better.”

“Sure.” Kris switched to Korean, “Sehun, you can teach him Korean if you want. I’ll be at my station if you need me.”

“So cool…” Tao ogled over his new boss.  

Sehun chuckled, “Your station is right next to mine.” He jutted his chin towards the abandoned table filled with different types of alcohol and cups.

Tao nodded, “Thank you.”

After a while of working, Sehun chuckled, out of the blue. “You like our boss.”

Tao looked taken aback, “What? Psh, no…”

“Just admit it and I can tell some ‘things’ about our little dragon face over there.” Sehun smiled.

After thinking for a bit, Tao nodded, “Fine. I kind of maybe might like him. But I don’t know if he is gay or not.”

Sehun laughed, “Fact number one, our boss is as gay as pink unicorn.”

“What?”

Sehun sighed, “That means he is gay.”

“Oh. Yes!”

 

Kyungsoo left Jongin’s house after 2 more days. No words were exchanged, only looks of care and despair.  He just silently left.

When Kyungsoo went back to work, all went normal. However, the one thing that was bothering was that even after 2 weeks of being apart from each other, there was no news from Jongin. No text message, no calls, and he didn’t even return back to work.

“Soo, you alright?” Minseok nudged the blank doe-eyed male.

“Hmmm? Yeah. Turn on the TV, I’m bored.”

Minseok sighed and reluctantly the TV. The news channel came on right away.

 

“After Mr. Kim’s death, The current CEO Kim Jongin, Mr.Kim’s son, have yet to make a huge decision. To merge with the Jung or Son cooperation.” The reporter reported. Then a picture of Jongin wearing a black tuxedo, standing in the press conference came on.

“Hey, isn’t that Jongin?” Kyungsoo asked to no one in particular.

“Sure is.” Luhan walked to Kyungsoo.

“Merging? Doesn’t that mean like… marrying in business terms? And more importantly, why is he the CEO of the Kim--- oh wait.” Then, it all started to make sense. The reason why Jongin was pulled away from him that time. The reason why Jongin was no longer at work. The reason why Jongin didn’t contact him anymore.

Luhan sighed and patted Kyungsoo’s back, “Don’t get your hopes up.”

“There was no hope to begin with. We were just friends, Luhan.”

Luhan nodded and went to the storage room to refill coffee beans.

 

 “Daughters, I made a choice. Jessica, you will be the one to marry Jongin. That is if our companies to marry.”

“What?! But daddy, Jongin my boyfriend!” Krystal argued.

“Shut up, Jung Soojung. You already know who your fiancé is going to be.” Mr. Jung harshly spoke.

Jessica smugly smiled at her younger sister, “That’s what you get for stealing my hair dryer last night.”

“It was a ing hair dryer!” Krystal cried out.

“Your language Krystal. We can’t have ladies like you speak like that.” Mr. Jung barked.

“I’ll speak however I want to speak!” Krystal stomped.

Smack, “I will not have attitude like that in my household. Go to your room right now, Jung Soojung.”

Krystal clutched her right cheek and glared at her dad, “H-how could you…?”

“NOW!”

 

“Sir, I assure that if merging with the Son company, you will have most advantage.” Mr. Son tried to persuade.

“That is false, once merging with our company, you will have the most advantage.”

Jongin rubbed the temples on his forehead, I just want to be with Kyungsoo. Father, why? “I have came to a decision. I will be merging with the Son Cooperation. Dismissed.” Jongin got up and immediately regretted his decision after seeing the Mr. Son’s noticeable smirk.

“You will not be disappointed Mr. Kim.” Mr. Son got up and left before the Jung’s.

“You will  regret this.” Mr. Jung gave Jongin a cold glare and quickly left the room.

 

 

Kyungsoo was humming in the kitchen, trying to forgot about the news he learned earlier. Jongin? A CEO of the biggest company. Wow. And to think I thought I actually had a chance with him. A faint chuckled was let out by the now tearing male.

 

It was a month after the news had reported that the Kim and Son cooperation would merge. Sure, Kyungsoo felt his heart drop. But it was what he expected and he accepted it, kind of. Jongin and Naeun got to know each other more however Jongin was always distracted.

“Jongin…?” Naeun called out.

“Huh? Yeah, what?” Jongin turned back to Naeun.

“You didn’t listen to anything what I said.” Naeun pointed out, trying not to be rude.

“Sorry, I was just kind of distracted. It’s raining a lot right? Let me go to the bathroom.” Jongin quickly got out of his seat and dragged himself to the bathroom to freshen up.

 

Yah. Kim Jongin, get your together. He patted his face with water and then wiped with a paper towel, which hurt slightly but he put that aside. When he came back out, it was the scene that he never wanted to see.

Some other guy and Naeun. The same guy and Naeun.

“Lee Taemin.” Jongin growled and marched over to his table.

 

 

Ermahgerd the beginning of this chappie was so slow but I didn’t know how to pace it… ughh… but the drama starts now! And don’t worry, I planned it from now on. HHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

BTW my tumblr is xiu-stingstars.tumblr.com so check it out(: I follow back btw hahaha.

On another note. 140 subbies on just the 7th chapter~!!!! AAAHHH You guy are just too much… ><  now I’m becoming selfish. Im just like MORE MORE MORE. Lol. I LOVE YOU GUYS TOO MUCH. UPVOTE AND SUBCRIBE AND COMMENT! ESP. COMMENT<3333 YOUR COMMENTS ARE WHAT GET ME GOING. HAHAHAH

But I’m so busy these days so…. OTL

Have you guys realized, OTP is OTL with a huge … or taking a crap. (;