Chapter 6

Reality Check.

                 “So, erm… This is my home.” Minseok scratched the back of his head, awkwardly. It wasn’t like his house was… bad or anything. It just wasn’t worth showing anyone.

“Waah, it’s so cute!”Jongdae piped. Minseok cocked his head to the left, Cute? Seriously. Cute? Minseok looked around his apartment to see if there was anything cute, “Thanks, I guess?”

“Yeah!” Jongdae walked over to the dumpling cushion on his couch, “Hahaha, it looks just like you! Oh wait. Uh… Sorry, I didn’t mean it in a mean way, I just thought… urm… never mind. I’ll just stop talking.”

Minseok doubled over in laughter, “It’s fine, I get that all the time. Anyway I’ll show you your room. You’re going to have to sleep in the guest room. I mean, since you’re a guest and all…” Minseok led Jongdae to the mint colored door that said, “Guest.”

“Creative.” Jongdae smiled at Minseok.

“Thanks, my door is just across the hall, the pastel blue colored one. I know, it’s super girly but this used to be my sister home and all…” Minseok shrugged sheepishly.

“It’s all good.” Jongdae opened the room and gasped, “IT’S EVEN CUTER IN HERE!”

 

Kyungsoo, Luhan, and Minseok all stood in a straight line, going across, staring at their new workers. Jongdae and Yixing.

“Not too shabby.” Luhan nodded as the other two nodded along, in approval.

Joonmyun came in the office and chuckled, “Guys stop examining them. Especially Yixing. He’s new here. Yixing, this is Kyungsoo, Luhan, and Minseok. Next to you is Jongdae.”

“Luhan?” Yixing asked.

“That’s me.”

“Chinese?”

“Yep. I’m assuming you are too. Only speak to me in Korean unless you want to either, A, curse someone out. Or B, checking someone out.”

“Alright. In that case,” Yixing switched over to Chinese, “Our boss is hella cute. Right? Is he single?”

“Single pringle.” Luhan giggled.

Going back into the Korean, Yixing smiled, “Hey y’all. I’m Yixing. I’ve only been in Korea for about 2 years so… excuse me if my grammar and stuff like that is wrong… I know curse words to so… Yeah.”

“Aiight, cool.”

Joonmyun clapped his hand together, “Alright! So, so far we have Jongdae nad Yixing working at La Pace. We need about one to two people more. Oh yeah, forgot to tell all of you but Yixing is the new manager there.”

“MANAGER?!” The four of them screamed.

“Yes, manager. And keep it down. People come here to study and eat.” Joonmyun hushed them.

“Why me?!” Yixing squeaked.

“You look… capable.”

Yixing sighed, “Why can’t J-Jongdae do it?”

“I put you in that spot, so you will be going in that spot… okay?” Joonmyun winced at the fact that he was being so demanding so he added, “Please?”

Yixing reluctantly nodded and sulked, “Alright, but if that bookstore get’s robbed, it’s most definitely not my fault. 

“Alrighty! Now, the store hasn’t finished building yet, so y’all are going to be on ‘break’ or if you want, you can work here for the time being.” Joonmyun waved them off and Kyungsoo rushed to the counter to help a person.

“Think I’m going to stick around for a little bit.” Jongdae smiled and Yixing nodded, indicating that he was going to do the same.

 

               As soon as work ended, Kyungsoo rushed to The Bar. Opening the door he walked to Jongin’s station. “Hey.”

Jongin turned around, not surprised, “Hey! What’s up?”

“You don’t seem too surprised.” Kyungsoo pointed out and frowned.

“That’s cause I’m not.”

“Why not?!”

“Because I knew you were going to come. Sixth sense, Soo. Anyways, a lot of customers are going to come in tonight because of a ‘after work dinner meeting’ thing. I don’t even know. Who has a company meeting at a bar?!” Jongin let out exasperatedly.

“…Them? “ Kyungsoo threw himself over the counter and sat on a stool.

“Hey hey, you can’t come in here. Workers only.” Jongin joked.

Kyungsoo stuck his tongue out, “Bleh, don’t tell me what to do. Hahaha.”

 

-2 hours later –

“Holy crap, I am pooped. What time is it?” Kyungsoo collapsed and sat the on the floor. Jongin chuckled and replied, “11:00”

“Ugh… I woke up at like 4:30 today. This is not healthy.”

“I’ll take you home. C’mon lets go.”  Jongin held out a hand, to which Kyungsoo took.

 

Kyungsoo ended up never going home. He just slept over at Jongin’s house. Days passed and before you knew it, Jongin and Kyungsoo were already showering, sleeping, and eating with each other.

 

“Sir! Sir! Master has collapsed! He is currently in the ER room. Please, come with me now!” Mr. Kim’s favorite worker, Mr. Lee, came rushing into the apartment.  

Jongin looked at Mr. Lee, waiting for it to be just a really bad joke, “Listen, you can just go ahead first. I’ll be there. You don’t have to make a stupid excuse---“

“Young Master, this is a all very very very real and if you don’t come right now, you’ll regret it.” Mr. Lee grabbed Jongin’s wrist and dragged Jongin out, not caring about the other male who was in the room.

Jongin rolled his eyes, “Soo, I’ll be right back.”

Kyungsoo nodded and hoped for the best.

 

Kyungsoo paced back and forth with creases in his forehead. He was obviously worried, Jongin wasn’t calling or text since 2 days ago and it was really getting on his nerves. What if he died. Oh my gosh, what if that black suit man killed him. Holy crap. Should I call him, again? No but that’s already the 87th time. Ah, …

Kyungsoo raced to his room and grabbed his jacket. As fast as he could, he jogged to Jongin’s house. “Jongin,  open the door?” He banged on Jongin’s door multiple times.

Soon after, Kyungsoo gave up and leaned on the door. Sliding door he sighed deeply as he felt tears welt up in his eyes. What if he got tired of me.

Click Click.The door opened and Kyungsoo fell back, “! Jongin!” He scrambled back up and without looking at the other male’s face he embrace him.

After giving Jongin a bear hug, he took Jongin’s face in his hands, “Jongin--- Jongin…” He whispered, “What happened?”

The other man no longer looked like Kim Jongin, Kyungsoo met a few months ago. This… This object in front of him was a skeleton, with dark, black bags under his eyes and pale white skin.

Jongin took a step back, “N-nothing.”

“Did…” Kyungsoo hesitated, “Just tell me what happened. Actually no, you don’t have to, you can just… Oh, Jongin.” He embrace Jongin back in a hug, “It’ll get better, I promise.

Jongin pushed the smaller back, “No it won’t. It ing won’t get better! Promise? What do you know about promise? What do you ing know about promise.”

Kyungsoo looked taken aback. Quickly, his anger took over, “What do I know about promise? Hah, funny Jongin. Because I remember, that I was the one with a broken heart. And I was the one who found out that my I year of boyfriend cheated on me, when clearly he said he promises that he would never let me go. So don’t ing ask me what promise is because you know very well that I ing know what a promise is.”

Jongin came back to reality and calmed himself down after seeing Kyungsoo’s hurt face. Quickly he shoved Kyungsoo back into his arms, “My dad… He… He’s dead. Funny. He promised that he wouldn’t get remarried. He promised that I wouldn’t have to be the heir. He promised that he would always be there for me. He promised. He promised. He promised. But he never kept.”

 

“Strawberry milk. Strawberry milk.” Luhan sang through the aisle 8 of the super market. On the other side, he heard, “Banana Milk. Banana Milk.”

Luhan smiled, “The banana milk is over here in aisle 8!” He exclaimed to the person who was looking for it. “Hmm… Wonder if Sehun likes strawberry milk.”

“Sehun likes banana milk. And you helped him find it.” The male reached next to him and grabbed the banana milk.

“S-sehun! Urm… Hi! Nice to meet you again.” Luhan took a step to the side, just in case he fainted.

“Nice to meet you too, Luhan.” Sehun smiled.

Oh my gerd, he remembered my name. “Yeah… hahaha…” Aww , this is so awkward now. What do I say… hmmm…

“Hey listen. Not to sound like a creep… But… Did you eat yet?”

“Dinner?”

“Yeah. Because I didn’t and if you didn’t then I don’t know, maybe we can go eat together or something?” Sehun looked down, obviously embarrassed.

OMG, heaven can take me now. Actually no, take me after we eat. Sehun’s asking me out on a ing date. “YES! Uh… I mean yeah sure, why not. I haven’t ate yet.” Which wasn’t a complete lie. Luhan only had 3 triangle kimbaps and 1 plate of ddeokbukki before. It was he light snack before his heavy dinner. Right?

“Great! So, I know this really nice Ramyun place around here. Wanna go?” Sehun took hold of Luhan’s hand.

“Sure, wait. Don’t you have to pay for that?”

Sehun shrugged, “Nah, this is one Jongin’s dad’s store. Out of like 300 hundred others. They pretty much let me get unlimited banana milk since they know it’s my favorite.”

“Cool! Then why were you looking for it in aisle 7?”

“Oh… uh… About that… This was a different supermarket.  It’s my first time here.” Sehun lied. After all, he couldn’t just outright say “Yeah, I wanted to talk to you and I knew that you would probably help a person in need since you’re just an angel like that.”

“Oh, alright! Let’s go!”

 

 

Thanks guys so much for reading, subscribing and upvoting! You guys are absolutely the best. And when I see that “New Story Comments!” or “New Subcribers!” Thing pop up, I’m honestly literally the happiest girl evvaaarrr <3 I love you guys too death! Make sure to comment, upvote, and subscribe!!!!

And sorry guys, I haven’t update in FOREVER. But since it is Spring break, I’ll update at least 1 or 2 chapters this week! Thanks guys, once again <3