Chapter 10

Reality Check.

“Father, you’ve most certainly put me in the worst position.” Jongin chuckled, standing in front of his father’s grave.

The wind lightly blew as if it understood. “Sorry. But I’ll have to go against your words. Again. Forgive me, father.”

 

         Kyungsoo banged his head on the counter. Why. It’s been at least 2 weeks since Jongin invited Kyungsoo to come over to his office and that one time he mustered up all the courage and went, Jongin was in a meeting.

“Why the long face?” Minseok came over, sulking as well. Despite the fact that he went out on a full out date with Jongdae, he was still in a crappy mood.

“Nothing. I just went to visit Jongin but he wasn’t there.”

“Jongin? I thought you got over him.”

“I… Did…. But he told me to visit. So I did. But he wasn’t there. Anyways, why are you sad?”

“There was this REALLY cute beanie when I went out with Jongdae but…. It was expensive.”

“Ah… I see. I feel you.”

 

“Yixing, could you come over here for a bit?” Joonmyun beckoned Yixing over.

“Yes?” Yixing rubbed his eyes and walked to Joonmyun.

“So the bookstore is done with the renovating and everything and the workers, including you, are set to go.” Joonmyun placed all the required sheets for the building, into one manila folder and passed it to Yixing.

“Oh. That’s great!” Yixing jumped and clapped.

“Yup! So far we have you and Jongdae working at the bookstore… We’ll need to recruit more members. Hm…” Joonmyun rested his head on the desk. Yixing grabbed a chair nearby and pulled it over to Joonmyun’s desk.

 

“Hey, let’s go out. Outside.” Baekhyun dragged Chanyeol to their shared closet, while blowing a raspberry.

“Whyyyy.” Chanyeol whined.

“You dumbo ear, get your going. I can’t live like this anymore. I have to gain my best friend back. This is dumb ridiculous.” Baekhyun stomped while putting on his snapback backwards. He grabbed Chanyeol’s beanie and took their shoes out. “Put it on.”

“I don’t like that one.” Chanyeol put the shoes that Baekhyun took out, and took out another one.

“Fine. Let’s go.”

 

5 minutes of Baekhyun hearing Chanyeol whining about how Kyungsoo’s never going to forgive them, Baekhyun smacked Chanyeol on the chest and told him to man up.  Chanyeol pouted and rubbing his chest in circular motions, “Hmph.”

“Is Do Kyungsoo here?!” Baekhyun yelled into the shop, thanking God because there was no one in the café at the moment.

Minseok looked at Baekhyun, but he’s facial expression didn’t say anything, “Yeah.”

Awkward silence.

“So… Where is he?”

“In the café.”

“Yes, but like, where?”

“In the café, I told you.”

Baekhyun lightly tapped his feet on the flooring, showing that he was running out of patience. “Yesss… But—“

“Minseokkie hyung, I—Baek?”

Pang. A wave of guilt hit Baekhyun. Baek. His nickname Kyungsoo and Chanyeol called him by. “Can we talk? No. I’ll just say it now. Do Kyungsoo. Do Dyo. Kyung-ah. Soo-yah. Mr. Do. I need my best friend back. Is there any way?”

Kyungsoo smiled, “Baek. Byun Baekhyun. Hyun-ah. Byun Beagle. Mr. Poop. Mr.Byun. You can first gain your friend back by giving him a bear hug.”

Baekhyun let out a battle cry (A happy on, indicating that victory is his), “Soo!”

Kyungsoo laughed wrapped his arms around Baekhyun, “Glad to have you back, man. Was getting uncomfortable without have Sassy Baek by my side.”

“My mouth was itching to sass someone.” Baekhyun smiled, “Chanyeol never sasses me back so its boring to sass him.”

“Speaking of, where is he? I should tell him I forgive him too.”

“Ugh, that little is outside hiding behind a tree because he thought you wouldn't forgive us.” Baekhyun pointed to the small plant which was poorly hiding Chanyeol.

“Tree?” Kyungsoo questioned.

“Tree.”

“It’s doing a ty job hiding Chanyeol.”

“In that case, everything does a ty job when it comes to hiding Chanyeol.”

“True that.”

 

 

“Mr. Kim, your engagement banquet is next week.” His secretary, Hyoyeon, informed.

“Yes, Hyo. I know. Stop pestering me about it.” Jongin didn’t mean to snap. He was just super stressed and upset over the fact that its been 2 ing weeks since he pathetically invite Kyungsoo over, yet no news of him.

“Alrighty then…” Hyoyeon was about to step out but she stepped back in, “Hey, someone visited earlier. But you were in a meeting and he didn’t seem like an important person so i didn’t have him stay.”

Jongin’s ears perked up, “What?! Who!”

“I don’t know, he was just a tad taller than me and has huge eyes and looks like an owl---“

“Kyungsoo. Soo. Damn it!”

“…”

“You know what. I have an idea. What time is my banquet?”

 

 

“Soo!”

“Oh, hey grandpa.” Kyungsoo looked up from talking with Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“You know I hate it when you call me that.”

“That’s why I call you that.” Kyungsoo smiled not-so innocently.

“Whatever, Soo. Anyways, if you need anyone who needs a job---“

“Me!” “Us!” Baekhyun and Chanyeol rose their hands. 

Joonmyun raised his eyebrows, “Well that was easy. It’s at the new bookstore, I’m pretty sure you guys have heard of it.”

“Oh my gerd, is it the new one that’s supposed to open in like 2 days. I heard the interior was going aahhhmaaziinnng since some filthy rich guy is designing and paying for it.” Baekhyun gushed.

Joonmyun smirked, “That filthy rich guy happens to be me and you guys are working there starting next week.”

“HOLY YES!”

 

Later that afternoon, Sehun dropped by the café only to find to closed. Damn. Just when I thought I would ‘accidently’ meet up with Luhan— “Sehun?” A small voice called out to Sehun. He turned around to see Luhan wearing a crisp white button down, with just two buttons popped, slightly giving a peek of his collarbone and black shorts that clung and came right above his thighs.

“L-Luhan. Hi.” Sehun cursed at himself for stuttered, “I justh thought I would sthop by.” ing lisp decides to show up now.

Luhan giggled. Damn it, he probably thinks im unmanly now. Sehun complained in his mind. “Hey, do you want to go get some hoddeok with me? I know this awesome place down the street.”

“Thure.” it.

 

“Mhmm… This is heavenly.” Sehun as the honey squirted out of the hoddeok. Luhan immediately nodded, “Yeah… I can’t ever get tired of this.”

Sehun finished his hoddeok in 3 big bites, meanwhile Luhan just took small nibbles. “You take really long to eat.”

“I geth that awot.” Luhan said through his bites. After his swallow, he threw away his wrapper, “So, what do you like?”

“You.” , Sehun! Cover that up.

“What?”

“I meant you’re hair is… nice. And fluffy. I like fluffy things. Yeah. Yehet.” Sehun gave an awkward smile.

“Oh…” Luhan softly blushed, “I see, I like you’re hair too then!”

“Yeah? Thanks. Hahah.”

“So…” Luhan subtly added, “Who was that guy that came with you last time.”

“Who?” Sehun tilted his head and face Luhan, “Oh, wait, you mean Tao?”

“Yeah.”

“He’s just a... friend of mine… I guess.”

“I guess?” Please don’t tell me friends with benefit. Please. Luhan pleaded in his mind.

“I mean, I haven’t’ really gotten to know him other than the fact that he’s my age and he has a crush on my boss.”

“Oh… I see.” Luhan exhaled the air he was unknowingly holding in.

“Why?”

“Nothing.  Just wonder and curious.”

Sehun chuckled, “Alright. So… What do you do in your free time?”

“I like to… sing.”

“Sing?” Sehun cocked an eyebrow up. You must have a beautiful voice.

“Yeah…” Luhan blew a raspberry, “You?”

“Dance. Me and Jongin have been dancing for a while. But he’s been… MIA lately.”

Luhan nodded, “I see.”

Sehun looked at his watch, “Ah crap, it’s getting late. I’ll walk you to your house?”

“You don’t have too.” Luhan smiled.

“I insist.”

The whole walk home just consisted of comfortable silence and small talks here and there. Luhan was taken by surprise when Sehun decided to hold his hand for safety precautions. Not that Luhan minded of course.

“Here we are.” Luhan stopped in front of his apartment.

“I had a great time. Even though it was for a short time.”

“Me too.”

“Why don’t we do that again some other time?”

“Sure! Thursday?” Luhan said, a little too loud for his liking.

Sehun chuckled, “Thursday. It’s a date.”

“It’s a date.” Luhan confirmed.

Sehun lingered for a while and looked into Luhan’s eye, leaning closer. Luhan panicked on the inside, omg crap, is he going to kiss me? Holy crap, what if my breathe smells like dog . Dog ? Why couldn’t you have said human . Wait. Does human crap smell worse than dog ?

After what seemed like forever, Sehun waved bye and backed away, “ See you Thurday, Luhan.” He walked about two steps but ran back to Luhan, “Wait. Give me your number.”

“My number?” Luhan felt a little disappointed that Sehun didn’t kiss him, but he took out his phone, “Here.”

“Great.” Sehun punched in his number and gave the phone back, “Text me!” Sehun ran off waving bye. And Luhan swore he saw a wink.

 

From: 010-XXX-XXXXX

To: Sehun<3

Hey, it’s Luhan.

 

“Mr. Lee. Please come in my office.” Taemin had rung his secretary in and told him to sat in front of the desk, “I want you to find out everything about a man named Do Kyungsoo.”

“But sir---“

Now.”

 

I have neglected BAEKYEOL for too long, so here’s a lovely comeback from them. I decieded to just make Soo forgive them for the sake of this being a fanfiction. (b/ gurrrll if my boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend. The hospital should make room for two, hairless people.)

OMG HUNHAN FLUFF<3.

I can’t wait till kaisoo get together. I love writing fluff. But I also love writing drama. HURHURHUR.

2 more regents left and then I’ll be free to write you guys more…til… I take SAT classes. FML THE LIFE OF A KOREAN/ASIAN.

I know i've been slacking but i want to thank all of you who have been by my side since the beginning and it just warms my heart. Everytime i see the subcriber numbers go down i get sad. poooo. BUT THEN I SEE "NEW SUBCRIBERS" and i get happy. like hollaah. BUT I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU! 

But anyways SUBCRIBE, UPVOTE, AND COMMENT. YOUR COMMENTS ARE WHAT GET ME GOING. 

P.S: I have updated the foreword (It’s what I imagine all the characters to look like and some background info on our main characters. <3)

P.P.S, I’m pretty sure you guys will be happy in next chapter. <3 <3

 Mucho loves.

XO,Minjee.