Chapter 2

Reality Check.

Chapter 2:

Baekhyun pulled away first. “What if he’s here?” He asked worriedly. Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun closer to him and murmured a light, “He won’t be” Before pulling Baekhyun back onto his lips. “Okay.”

 

It wasn’t Jongin checked his phone every three minutes. No, Jongin was never desperate like that.

It was more like 5 minutes. “Oh my gosh, what is he wants his boyfriend back. What if he thinks I’m a total creeper? I should’ve left out the ‘cutie’ part. Damn it.” Jongin bangs in his head on the counter. “Dude, you’re going to get a concussion like that.” His co-worker Sehun slide next to him, wiping a cup dry.

“My life is over.”  Jongin complained.

“Can’t be worse than mine right now.”

“Why? What happened to you?”

“You know that really cute guy? From the coffee shop? The cute-deer-like one?”

“Mhmmm…”

“Well, I think he’s taken.”

“What? How would you know that?”

“Because! I heard him talking to some guy named ‘Kyungsoo’ over the phone!”

“I’m sure that doesn’t mean he--- wait. what? Kyungsoo?” Jongin paled.

“Yeah… why?”

“Kyungsoo is mine!” Jongin slammed his hand on the counter.

“Chill. If it’s the same Kyungsoo, you better keep him away from my man.” Sehun sassed.

“You don’t even need to say it. Will do.”

The Text Message Has Arrived. Ping! Ping! Ping!  Jongin’s phone rang. “Dude, really? Your ringtone is that?” Sehun raised his eyebrows. 

“Don’t judge me.” Jongin grabbed his phone and immediately lightened up.

From: 010-xx-xxxxx

               Hi. It’s Kyungsoo.

“Oh my god! He actually replied!!!” Jongin sqeauled not-so manly-like.

“Still judging you.” Sehun shook his head and walked away, “By the way, boss said you’re off until 9:00.”

Jongin nodded, not even listening half way. He walked to get his coat and left the bar. He was shaking and nervous about what he was going to write next.

To: Kyungsoo

               Hi Kyungsoo.

Delete.

To: Kyungsoo.

               Hey Kyungsoo.

Delete.

To Kyungsoo.

               Hiya babe.

Delete

To: Kyungsoo

               Hey, whats up.

Sent.

 

He walked towards his usual café and pushed the door. The warm aroma of coffee filled the shop and Jongin smiled. He walked towards the counter, not check who the cashier was, “Can I get a caramel macchiato?”

The cashier didn’t bother to look up, “Hmm? Yeah sure.” He was too busy texting on his phone.  

From: Kyungsoo

               Nothing much. I’m at work. You?

The cashier left the counter to get Jongin his coffee. When he came back, the first thing he did was check his phone. The cashier smiled and picked up his phone. He quickly typed something while saying, “That’ll be$ 4.50.”

Jongin rummaged through his pockets and gave a $10 bill, “Keep the change.” He grabbed his coffee with one and his phone rang.

Quickly, he settled down on a table far away from the counter.

To: Kyungsoo

               Just got out of work. What do you work as?

“Hey, you know that you just gave him Americano when he wanted a caramel macchiato?” The cashier’s co-worker grinded coffee beans next to him.

“Luhan-ah. Shut up. I know what I’m doing.” The cashier rolled his eyes.

“Yah, Do Kyungsoo.  Don’t talk to me like that, im your hyung.” Luhan whacked the back on Kyungsoo’s head and wanted to the back to drop off the beans.

“Yesh hyung-ah.” Kyungsoo stuck out his tongue and concentrated on his phone again.

From: Jongin

               Just got out of work. What do you work as?

To: Jongin

               Me? You wouldn’t want to know.

Kyungsoo sighed. He’s going to judge me so hard for working at a café. He thought. “Yo, Soo, why the long face?” His other co-worker, Minseok walked in through the door.

“Seokkie hyung!” Kyungsoo beamed.

“Hey! Why do you call him hyung, but call me Luhan?!” Luhan demanded.

“Because unlike you, Minseokkie hyung acts like he’s older than me.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

“…Whatever.” Luhan puffed his cheeks and sat on a stool.

Minseok chuckled and stuck out his tongue, “In your face loser.”

“What was it about Minseok acting like his age again?” Luhan snarled.

“Oh shut up.” Kyungsoo smirked and check his phone.

From: Jongin

               Yes I do. I mean I work as a bartender so…

To: Kyungsoo

               Fine. I work at a café.

He quickly eyed the only customer in the shop. Huh, he looks like Jongin. Funny. He shrugged and went to the back to get a rag. “Might as well clean while no one is here.”

Luhan and Minseok both shrugged and nodded their head in approval.  

From: Jongin

               Ooohh. I like cafés. In fact, I’m in one right now.

To: Jongin

               Really? But working at café are so… I don’t know. Not mainstream?

From: Jongin.

               I never liked mainstream anyways. :P

Oh my, he sent me a emoji. Oh my geerrdd!! 

To: Jongin

               Hahaha, which café are you in? (:

Kyungsoo grabbed a bucket and rag and went outside. He started from the left side and slowly started to make his way over to the only customer the store. “Can you please move your feet so I can clean here?”

 From: Jongin

               Café Bene.

However, Kyungsoo didn’t get to see that message and nudge the customer who was still too into his phone. “Hey--- wait, Jongin-sshi?”

The customer looked up and smile, “Kyungsoo-ah! Drop the ‘sshi’ part. We’re all friends here!” Jongin got up and gave Kyungsoo a bone crushing hug. Kyungsoo dropped the rag and blushed.

“Hi.”

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo funnily. “You are… you’re different when you aren’t drunk.”

Kyungsoo chuckled, a bit offended, “Is that a good thing?”

“I like both sides.” Jongin smiled and sat back down. He patted the spot next to him, “Sit!”

Kyungsoo looked around, “I’m working. Remember?”

“I was working when I took you to my house last night. So spend at least 5 minutes with me! Please?” Jongin stuck out his lower lips.

Kyungsoo stayed silent but eventually gave in, “Oh, alright.”

“Yay!” Jongin cheered and slide over. “So, how was the hangover soup?”

“There was no soup.” Kyungsoo pointed out.

“…Huh, oh yeah. I forgot to make some. So… how was the bread?” Jongin smiled cheesily.

Kyungsoo laughed, “It was wonderful. I’ve never had such great bread in my whole entire life.”

“Great to hear that.”

“So…”

“So…”

“YAH! KIM JONGIN! WE HAVE TO TALK RIGHT NOW.” A pretty girl in her early 20’s stormed into the shop after spotting Jongin.

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin, obviously confused. “whaa?”

“Crazy ex-girlfriend.” Jongin explained, “Hey, just give me and her a second? Alone?”

“Oh, alright. Just give me ‘the look’ if you need backup.” Kyungsoo joked and got up.

“Probably will be using that.” Jongin assured Kyungsoo and shooed Kyungsoo away.

“Kim Jongin. Why did you leave like that?” The girl stomped her way to Jongin and stood in front of him.

“Like what?”

“You completely ditched me!” She shrieked.

“Soojung-ah, I walked out because I don’t exactly want to see my best friend and my girlfriend making out.” Jongin rolled his eyes and sat up.

She pulled out a seat in front of him and grabbed his hands, “But baby, that wasn’t me! You must’ve mistaken another girl for me.”

Jongin scoffed and pulled his hand back, “But baby” he mimicked and then returned to his own voice, “No, I heard Taemin moan out ‘Soojung-ah.’ I’m stupid like you dumb hoe.”

Soojung gasped but still remained unfazed. After all, she knew what Jongin was capable of. Throwing away her ‘faking innocent’ plan, she turned to plan B, “Babe, we can work this out! I’ll stay loyal to you after! Please, just give me one more chance.”

Jongin rolled his eyes and gave Kyungsoo a signal, indicating that he was annoyed as . “Go away, Soojung-ah. We. Are. Over.”

“But baby! You love me! I love you! We can go through… we love each other!”

“Correction, loved. And plus I found someone new. Someone better than you.” Jongin chuckled as she saw Kyungsoo trying to convince his other friends to help him. “On second thought, maybe I’ll give you a chance. “

Soojung’s eyes lightened up. Throwing away all pride she sputtered, “H-how?!”

 

Reality Check #2: Asking you one question and texting you for one night, doesn’t always mean that a guy/girl likes you. It can mean that she/ he just wants to be friends. Jeepus Crust people.

 

Okay, so next chapter will be filled with LOADS and LOADS of drama. BTW yes, I am aware of the fact that Kyungsoo and Jongin are both very bipolar. That’s beauty of everything. LMAO  and OMG 29 SUBCRIBERS ON THE FIRST CHAPTER. GUISE. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. PLEASE KEEP ROOTING FOR ME. LEAVE COMMENTS, UPVOTE, AND THAT WHOLE PACKAGE DEAL. AND I’LL GIVE YOU MUCH LOVE. I SWEAR I WILL UPDATE MORE OFTEN THE MORE COMMENTS I RECEIVE(; HOEHOEHOE THIS IS WHAT BLACKMAILING FEELS LIKE?