Am I Too Selfish?

Love You Lately

Luhan has a schedule to advise his thesis progress to his preceptor, he wakes up lazily, and sighed, because his thesis still stuck on the same page from his last visit. He surely is going to get lectured for hours because of his lazy-. He does not care, not even the whole class looking at him judging him negatively. He did not proud for his laziness, yet not regretting about it either, meeting the bubble-tea guy almost every day making him enjoy his boring life better. He walks to his campus, alone, since Kris is already going to the campus early in the morning, and going straight to the library, it’s funny since Kris could buy every book on the library racks instead of sitting there like a nerd, and yeah Kris is not someone who likes to spend his money without thinking, different with Luhan.

He sits in the middle seat where all of his classmates Aalready busying themselves with lots of books and discussion. It’s his turn to give his progress and discuss it with his preceptor and surely getting yelled and lectured longer than other students. He just simply nodded and says yes to everything the man in front of him said to him.

“You should give me your progress in 3 days, Luhan. Do you really take college seriously? Or maybe you just enjoy staying here until your 12 semesters and enjoy your dropout?”

“Yes, I’ll be work on it from now on, give me a week, please, sir?”

“A week? You are a month late than the other students and you are bargaining with me?”

“I promise I’ll catch up with others, trust me, a week” Luhan give his puppy eyes stare at his professor hoping that will work and get the remission.

“Find, but you promise me to give me your 4th chapter next week”

“Yes! Thank you, Sir! Can I go now?”

His professor nodded and Luhan excuses himself, sighed and walk to his campus corridor, he was going to find Kris and ask him to have lunch and went straight to the library to find his roommate. His eyes searching for Kris, who can’t be seen everywhere. Where is he? He thought. His eyes caught sudden movement behind the rack, the guy with black hat covering his hair, wearing black jacket and flipping the books while murmuring something. Is that the bubble-tea guy? No, what is he doing here? I should check him closer, I must be wrong.

He walks closer to the guy and taking a peek at his face through the books rows. “Hey, Sehun!” He directly calls him, unconsciously, didn’t realized what his mouth has done to him. The guy in front of him startled, they are now separated by the book rack and both are them looking eye to eye through the empty space between the books. Sehun immediately take his book and starting to walk away from Luhan, “Sorry, you got the wrong person” he mumbles and leaving Luhan dumbfounded, but he knows that Luhan is not the type who gives up easily. He trailing Sehun behind, waiting for both of them to walk out outside the library so can talk without being so quiet and walk passed Sehun and forcing him to stop, looking at him face to face.

“So you study here too? What a small world!” Luhan smiling at Sehun cannot hide his happiness

“I said you got the wrong person” Sehun trying to walk passed by Luhan again and he didn’t want any drama since there are lots of people walking and standing on the corridor, he turn around and take another route to the 2nd floor, and Luhan still following him excitedly.

“No, I’m not, I’m sure it’s you! I never been so certain in my life, I can still remember your voice when we first talk last week”

Sehun stop his step on the last stairs and looking at Luhan fiercely, getting so annoyed by the pain in his heart “What do you want?” He said coldly making Luhan startled, he is so different, why?

“I just want to talk to you, that’s all”

“What do you want to talk about? I’m busy” Sehun start walking again towards his next classroom and he rolls his eyes when he found that the class is still empty, how unlucky.

“I want to say thank you for your help last week” Sehun take a seat at the front corner and Luhan sits beside him immediately. He does not even know what got into him that day, the courage to talk to Sehun casually, suddenly rising up his confidence.

“I’m just helping my customer, there’s no personal intention at all” Sehun put his poker face and start ignoring Luhan’s existence.

“Actually I am going to return you a favor today, I just finished my class and going to the bubble-tea shop, or maybe should I want for you and we can go there together? What about that?” Luhan smiling widely tilting his head looking at Sehun reaction and realized that Sehun’s hand is in bandages just now.

“Oh my God, what is happening with your hand? Is it hurt?”

Sehun keeps his silence and ignoring all the pain he feels. He wants to yell and said that It was Luhan’s fault, no, he is not thinking about his hands accident, he is talking about the pain that Luhan caused him this past 13 years. Sehun keeps busying himself doing anything he can, to ignore Luhan gaze, thankfully the other student finally coming to the class and Luhan excuses himself.

“I’ll be waiting outside, Sehun” Luhan said before walking away from Sehun

Don’t go, Sehun talks to himself.  His brain is on battle with himself now.  He shook his head; you are an idiot, Sehun. You know that? He didn’t even recognize you, not even remember your existence, yet you are still hoping for something impossible. Stop hurting yourself. He takes a deep breath and taking a look at his class windows, he sees Luhan smiling and waving, waiting for Sehun outside. It’s gonna be a longggg 2 hours. He thought.

He can’t concentrate during his class, he was busy wondering about what will gonna be happens when the two of them going together to the bubble-tea shop, should I confront him? Getting angry at him? Throwing all the pain I’ve been experience, waiting for him for years, and he didn’t even care about me, and punch him in the face so hard that makes my fist hurts too? Or I should pretend that I’m just a stranger, but what if he still wants to get closer to me, like today? Can I ignore him? Can I just forget about him and move on with my life? My life is already complicated enough, God, I can’t handle it any more problems in my life. He quickly take his phone out from his pocket and start typing message to Tao 5 minutes before the class dismissed below his desk.

To: Tao

[Tao, where are you? can you go to my classroom 205, like, now?]

He taps his foot impatiently waiting for Tao to reply his text, his phone vibrates and he immediately read the text

From: Tao

[I’m just excuses myself from my class, is it urgent? I’ll go there now]

He decided to stop replying Tao’s text and starting to clear up his books and putting it on his bag, looking at the windows, he can see Luhan’s back still patiently waiting for him outside while watching people playing basketball below. He saw Tao’s waving near his classroom door and sighed a relief.

The class is dismissed and he immediately walking out and hug Tao. Tao is startled, yet keeping his silence and realized that there is this boy looking at him, shocked.  

Sehun turn his back and looking at Luhan coldly “I can’t go with you, my boyfriend and I going somewhere before I start working at the shop, bye” Sehun grab Tao’s wrist and dragging him towards the stairs. Tao turn around at the boy who are still standing at the same spot, with his shocked and yet sad expression starting to built up on his face. What the hell is going on? He thought. Sehun drags him to the empty room, and looking at the floor with his eyes closed.

“Sehunna? What is going on?” Tao looking at Sehun giving him his worried look.

“I’m okay” Sehun whispers and let out the deep breath

“Who is he? And why did you introduce me as your boyfriend?” Tao grabbing Sehun’s arm and hold it tight

“He is the hoodie boy from my bubble-tea shop”

“Your crush?” Tao’s eyes widened and letting go Sehun’s arm in shock

“Not anymore, Tao. I hope he’ll leave me alone after you help me convince him that I have a boyfriend”

“Why? I thought you like him-“

“Not anymore, like I said before, I’m starting to hate him. You should go back to your classroom, Tao; I’m going to work now” Sehun ignoring Tao who are still confused with all of the sudden event.

“Okay, we should talk tonight, Sehunna. Promise me?”

“Fine!” Sehun open the classroom door and taking a peek in every direction before him start walking away and running towards the gate direction.

Sehun works feeling uneasy the whole time, worrying that Luhan might coming over. He hopes that Luhan will stop coming to his bubble-tea shop, so that he can move on with his life easily. He wants himself to start forgetting about Luhan, his one-sided love of his lifetime, from now on. He should start accepting the fact that the man he loves is gone. His heart might be hurt, his eyes might be blind, but his brain will not allow himself to think nonsense and believe in nothing.

----

Tao coming back to his classroom still confused and did not satisfy with his roommate explanation. Why is it so easy for Sehun to stop liking someone and hating him instead? He thought. Kris text him earlier that day, saying that he was really happy for their last meeting and sure, saying that he already missing him. Making Tao blush just to read those text a couple of times. He is forcing Kris to focus on his thesis and stop asking Tao to meet up on campus. Sure he really wants to meet Kris again today, but he didn’t want to be the reason for the older to stop doing his thesis. He did not want to be the negative influence towards Kris.

 

----

Luhan stood there, not moving, still shocked from what he witnessed just now, he is not even trying to move when some student bumping him when they are walking on the corridor. He is looking at Sehun and so-he-called-boyfriend walking away from him, his boyfriend took a last glance at Luhan, making Luhan’s heart aching even more. He blinks twice, and suddenly back to his reality, the noisy and all of student who walks passed by him, looking at him confusedly. He starts walking away from the classroom and going to the parking lots, let out a deep breath and turning his engine on. Going back to his apartment.

Once he’s inside his apartment, he throws himself to the couch on the living room and closing his eyes. Damn, the one that I like the most, the guy that I’ve been wanting to talk, the guy who I’ve been admired this whole time, easily broke my heart. Luhan is usually the one who broke people’s heart, now he fully understands how it feels. It so damn hurt that he wants to buy a fresh new heart, transplant it immediately if he could remove those aching feeling.

There’s part of him who relieved that Sehun is maybe a bi, since he have a boyfriend, so should he wait for the couple to break their relationship? Maybe it sounds like he is the most selfish person in the world, he does not care. He always gets what he wants. Not this time, well maybe he can. He will be waiting patiently, or maybe I should approach him more? I’m not giving him up, not after months of my desperation, months of urges to talk to him, and hold him close to me. I am better compared to his boyfriend, okay maybe he is taller, but I’m better when it comes to the appearance. Yeah right. Luhan keeps comforting himself and talking nonsense to himself. Trying to occupied himself and ignore the ache in his heart til he falling asleep.

Am I too selfish thinking that you should be in my life, not his, Sehun?