Choose Wisely

Love You Lately

 

The next morning Luhan waking up early, since he should meet his professor regarding his thesis that day. Maybe today he is not planning to meet Sehun, since he was broken last night. He should never give up on anything before trying his best to reach it, his life motto. He never wants anything before like he wants Sehun to be on his side, walking side by side and holds his hand, never letting it go. First thing first, finish his thesis and finally back focusing on Sehun’s project, that’s what he called it, lame.

He forgot to eat last night, he will have his breakfast first before meeting his professor, didn’t want to get sick and ruining everything. He greet Kris on their living room, already busy calling someone, talking about business craps. He waits for Kris to talk to him after Kris hang up his phone call.

“You are not going to campus today?”

Kris shook his head “I don’t think I have the time, I should attend seminar this morning, because apparently my dad is suddenly going to attend some business meeting”

“What a boring life, Kris”

“ it, Lu! At least I’m doing something for my future and it’s not boring at all. Where are you going this early?”

“Going back to campus today to update my thesis progress”

“Good luck with that”

Luhan finish eating his breakfast and going to meet his professor at his office. There are lots of things that should be revised according to his professor, but he didn’t mind, his progress is quite good and his professor is not angry at him, good sign.

“How long do I have to wait for your final revision, Luhan? In 3 weeks you have to finished it perfectly”

“I can do it, give me 1 week for the revision, Sir”

“No, it’s too long. You still didn’t have your fifth chapter and your thesis still lacking of data”

“Fine, then give me 4 days, Sir”

“I give you 1 week but you have to give me your completed thesis, can you do it? You have to finish it maximum one week before your last chance to submit your thesis this year”

“Okay, I’ll try.”

“You are smart, Luhan. Just don’t be lazy”

“I will not, Sir. Thank you”

He excuses himself, wanting to go to the bubble-tea shop but he holds his thought. He needs to focus on his thesis right now, didn’t want his parents to find out that they are going to have their only son not able to visit him for his graduation this year. Sehun is not going anywhere; he will be working right now, not even putting his smile on his face. Just wait for me, Sehun. I’ll see you when I finish with this whole thesis crap. He went back to his apartment, starting to work on his thesis, while stealing some time to think about Sehun’s face sometimes.

His friend calling him, asking his address so that she can send him the bag that she found, and the bag that personally requested from Tao. The package should be arrive for the next 2 days and surely he can ask Kris to give it to Tao, since it might help Kris too, to be reasonable enough to meet Tao.

---

 

Such a peaceful day, Sehun talks to himself. It’s nice to enter the shop without finding the hoodie guy sitting and staring at him. Where is he? He thought. What the- what are you doing, Sehun? He questioned himself, are you looking for Luhan just now? Do you miss him? God, this madness has to stop. He is busying himself chatting with Jongin who decided to work some extra hours that day. He needs to enjoy himself, pretending to be cold is exhausting sometimes.

Tao visits Sehun that day on his bubble-tea shop, sitting and smiling at him, watching him working, waiting for 2 hours until he finishes his shift and go home together. Tao haven’t been talk with Sehun for days, and he misses him. It’s not like he is sitting there because of his guiltiness for lying, or technically being a backstabber to Sehun when he told Luhan that he is not his boyfriend and trading his class information for Gucci vintage bag. No,not at all. Tao denied his own thought. But Sehun never mention Luhan, or maybe he should dig deeper to Sehun’s thought tonight? He brought their dinner that night, waiting for Sehun to finish his work so that they can eat together.

“What are you smiling about?” Sehun walks closer to Tao, cleaning the entire tables with napkin on his hand, after he finishes he join Tao and starting to eat their dinner

“You” Tao keeps smiling at him

“What about me?”

“Have you ever felt bored with your life?”

“Bored, why? I enjoy my life”

“You enjoy this?”

“Definitely”

“You are weird”

“And you are the roommate of the weirdo”

They both eating and keeps talking to each other until both of them finishes their dinner and clearing up the table
“I am going to change now, wait outside, ok?” Sehun disappear inside the shop and Tao getting up, walking outside the shop, looking at the empty streets. Tonight is so cold. Tao forgot to bring his coat. He shivers and hugs himself. Sehun walk out and lock the door after turning off the lamps. He take a look at Tao before walking.

“Here, wear my coat” He took off his coat and put it on Tao’s hand but Tao gesturing a refusal.

“No, Sehunna! I’m ok!”

“Look, it’s not an expensive coat like you usually wear, but it keeps you warm anyway”

“No, it’s not about the price or brand, Sehunna. I don’t want you to get sick!”

“You are the one who always sick” Sehun walks and wear his coat since Tao refuses it immediately and nothing he can do to force Tao.

Tao walking beside Sehun, trying to even up Sehun’s step “Look at you, you don’t have any meat left in your body, you are too skinny, you should eat more, and smile often!”

“What is smile got to do with this whole being sick?”

“Umh-nothing.”

“Yeah, right” Sehun rolls his eyes and continue walking

They both walking faster since the coldness is getting worst and stop talking to each other. Tao holding Sehun’s arm seeking for some warmness and swallow his pride. They both arrived at their apartment area; there are lots of car who are still going back and forth from the main entrance, mostly taxi.

Kris is standing in front of the glass door at the entrance of Tao’s apartment. He didn’t inform Tao that he will be coming to his apartment that night. It’s just he miss him a lot, and too bad nobody answer the door when he knocked it for 5 minutes. So he decided to wait for Tao until he gets back and still didn’t try to call him and tells him he is waiting for him. He can see two figures walking closer, Tao and his roommate. He can see Tao is holding his right arm, make his heart a little bit burn because of the jealousy. But they are just friend, I’m sure of that. He tries to convince himself. Tao break the intertwining arms between his and Sehun’s and start running towards Kris. Kris opens the glass door and greets Tao with his wide smile.

Tao hold his arm and lean his body to Kris’, acting like a spoiled kid. “Gege, what are you doing here?”

“Of course to meet you, you fool” Kris ruffles Tao’s hair forgetting Sehun’s existence that already stop walking and stand in front of them.

“Hi, Sehun” He is trying to be polite with Sehun since he is Tao’s roommate and bestfriend, he didn’t want to ruin everything just because of his ego and pride.

Sehun walk passed by him and rolls his eyes, didn’t answering his greeting.

“Sehunna, that’s rude!” Tao yelling at Sehun’s back who are now disappear when he went inside the elevator. “I’m sorry, Gege, he’s just afraid that you will hurt me, that’s all, please don’t be mad”

“Of course not” Kris chuckled and Tao’s hair “I want to talk to you, but its cold in here, and we can’t go inside your apartment too because of your “icey” roommate”

“Have you eaten Ge?” Tao tilt his head, looking at Kris who are now looking back at him, he turn his head to the parking lot direction, trying to avoid Kris’ gaze.

“No, have you?”

“Yes, but I will accompany you to eat, come on, there’s a Chinese food restaurant for 5 minutes walk”

“Okay” Kris hold Tao’s hand, dragging him to walk together with him. Tao follows him silently with his blushing face. It’s funny how Kris’ hand fit perfectly holding my hand, this is the first time? No, I forgot about it. But why do I even think about it? Counting on it? Does it really matter how many times we have hold hands to each other like this? He is a good brother, Tao. Don’t you ever forget about that. He talks to himself.

They both enter the restaurant and sitting on the empty couch around the corner. Sitting face-to-face.

“What do you want to talk about, Ge?” Tao dare himself to look at Kris, the restaurant lightning is so dim that makes Tao able to hide his embarrassment and blushing face.

 “Nothing serious, just want to ask about your day”

“Oh my God, finally, it is so warmmm, it’s so cold outside, and I’m so stupid for forgetting to bring my coat today, Ge” Tao moving his body to front, leaning to the table while his both hands supporting his chin, unconsciously acting all cute in front of Kris.

“Where did you go with your roommate today?” Kris can’t help to move his face closer to Tao, doing the same thing like Tao did with his hand and chin. Making Tao blushing but didn’t do anything since it will be awkward if he moves back suddenly and avoiding Kris like that.

“I was just waiting for him at his work place, we walk together back”

“Oh, I see.”

“Where have you been, Ge? I thought you are forgetting about me these days”

“I’m sorry; I was busy at the company. My father wants me to attend these meetings and seminar and that’s why I’ve been so busy lately, Tao. Sorry for not informing you about all this”

“There’s no need to say sorry, Ge. But, do you still want to go with me to meet Amber this weekend?”

“Yeah, sure. I don’t want to do any business matters on my weekend, Taozi”

“That’s great, now eat first, Ge, you should eat a lot more, you are too skinny, just like Sehun”

“As long as you accompanying me every time I eat” Kris teasing Tao and moving his body back, looking at the menu and ready to order

“I can’t do that”

Kris chuckle and calling for the waitress, ready to order. They both continue to talk, nothing important, just sharing their daily activities, but it’s kinda important for Kris. He wants to know every single thing about Tao and didn’t want to miss a single little thing that happened in his life. He wants to be a part of him. Now that he is sure to open his heart for Tao, he convince himself, that Tao will make him happy no matter what, Tao will never hurt him the way his ex did. No, Tao is different. He is so cute and adorable, being so naïve and just being himself making Kris happier than ever in his life. I shouldn’t let one experience make my life miserable. Nope. But this is not a good time to confess to him, I need to make sure about his feeling towards me first.

After finishes eating, Kris yawning and rub his stomach.

“You should go home, Ge. You are really tired; I can see that in your eyes”

“Yeah, and you should get some sleep too, Taozi. Do you have class tomorrow?”

“Yeah, I have class every day, Ge”

“Hm, I see.” Kris went to the cashier and pays for the bill. Walking back on his seat and grab his coat. “Come on, let’s go” He grabs Tao’s hand, they are now both walking together while holding hands. Tao can’t even tilt his head up while talking to Kris, he is so embarrassed right now. And he didn’t know why it become such a big deal just because you are holding hands with your friend. He doesn’t feel embarrassed at all when he holds Sehun’s arm before. Maybe because he didn’t know Kris that well? Or maybe because he respect him too much?

Kris stop his step in front of Tao’s apartment door. Tao walking towards the door, his hand is in the doorknob. Turning his body and standing face-to-face with Kris who is standing just 1 step away from his body.

“Thank you so much for your time, Taozi, I really appreciate it, what a nice dinner I have today”

“That’s too much, Ge”

“Bye, Taozi. Good night” Kris ruffles Tao’s hair and starting to walk away.

“Ge!” Tao let the words comes out from mouth, Kris stop and looking back at him, confusedly. He can see Tao running towards him, without him able to ask why Tao is yelling.

Tao hugs him tight, putting both of his arm at the back of the older. Kris smiling widely, feeling the warmth in his chest, because of Tao’s soft breath. He hugs him back.

I miss his smell, its smells so good. Tao closes his eyes, enjoying every seconds of his hug with Kris. He hand is gripping even tighter on Kris’ clothes, making the older chuckle and hug him and his back. It feels so comfortable, I feel like I want to stay like this forever. He keeps talking to himself. It tooks 5 minutes until he realized what was he doing. His eyes widened, his heart is pounding faster than ever, what the hell are you doing, Tao? Stop embarrassing yourself. He release the hug, pushes Kris’s chest with both of his palms. Blushing and looking at Kris who are confused.

“Oh my God, I’m so sorry, Ge!”

Kris chuckle and understand that the younger is embarrassed by his own action “No, that’s okay”

Tao put both of his palms in his face, turning his body around and opening the door of his apartment “Good night, Ge, I’m sorry about everything, just forget about it” He slam the door, leaning his back on it. His knees feels weak, trying to run to his room, trying to drown his face on his pillow. He punches the bed besides the pillow, cannot contain his feeling, still does not understand his addiction to Kris.

Kris chuckle and smiling widely on his way back to the parking lot. Happier than ever. Sure enough to confess to Tao sooner than he expected, maybe this weekend, he thought.

---

“What the hell did you do with your bed, Tao?” Sehun opens Tao’s door after hearing the slamming in the main door.

Tao keep punching on his bed, still drowning his face on his pillow. Sehun close the door and sit on Tao’s bedside. He wasn’t sure Tao is crying or not, but he never did this before. This is his first time acting like a child this way. He put his hand on Tao’s back, making sure he didn’t feel the sobs from the younger.

“What happened?” He asks softly trying to control his emotion because he already think something bad happened between him and Kris.

Tao stop punching his bed, tilting his head to Sehun, his red blushing face. But he didn’t cry at all. He turn his body around and sit next to Sehun.

“Sehunna, I did something that I don’t understand”

“What is that? Did Kris hurt you?”

“No, not at all. He is being nice to me all this time, stop thinking about that, Sehunna!”

“Fine, then what is it?”

“Before he goes, he say goodbye to me, but- deep down I didn’t want him to go, I call him and hug him, gosh it was so embarrassing, the most embarrassing night of my life, Sehunna”

Tsk, Sehun mentally wanna slap Tao’s face right now. So dumb. He thought. “You are getting to attached to him, you should control yourself more next time”

“But I can’t! I even love his cologne smells! Am I crazy, Sehunna?”

“Do you miss Amber, Tao?”

“What’s Amber got to do with anything?” He rubs his eyes, feeling so embarrassing yet sleepy at the same time

“Just asking”

“Of course I miss her!”

“Do you like Kris?”

Tao gasped after hearing that question coming from Sehun’s mouth. What kind of question is that? Of course I like him, if I didn’t like him, why do I have to hangout with him anyway.

“Of course, he has a great personality, same like you, he’s like a brother to me”

“Are you sure?”

“What do you mean, Sehunna!”

“Duh, I’m really tired dealing with your innocence. You should start deciding”

“What to decide?”

“Whether you wanna be with Amber or Kris”

“Oh my God, what kind of statement is that? I didn’t want to choose one of them. What is wrong with you?” Tao slapped Sehun’s hand and acting all angry and start pouting cutely.

“Just think about it! If you have to choose one of them someday, who will you choose? Choose wisely, Tao. Good night you little-punching-brat” Sehun leaves Tao dumbfounded thinking about the question Sehun gave him.

Why did he have to choose one of them? Of course he will choose- wait, I want both of them in my life, what is so wrong with that?