His life, His Past

Love You Lately

It’s been three days since that day, the day when Kris having lunch with Tao. He cannot stop smiling while thinking about him after that day, how come he never met Tao earlier, he is surely has a very unique personality, Kris thought and nodding his head slowly and taking a sip of his coffee, sitting down staring at the windows in his apartment.

“What are you thinking about?” Luhan, his roommate, notice that Kris is thinking way too much about something lately

“Just… thinking about someone” Kris is looking at Luhan who are just walking out from the bathroom and making a sandwich in the kitchen counter.

“Someone? Who is it” Luhan turn his head looking narrowly at Kris’ expression waiting for him to answer.

“Yah! It’s too early to ask so many questions!”

“Well, it’s been a while since you take your time “thinking” about somebody else, so of course, if you want to start your day, you should tell me about this special person, because I’m not going anywhere” Luhan eat his sandwich quickly and approaching Kris closer while rubbing his wet hair with towel on his shoulders.

“I don’t know he might be special to me or not at all, still wondering about it, but he has special personality for sure.
I mean he is too naïve and innocence for his age”

“Kris, are you sure you are not a e? Surely your explanation about this “guy” reminded me of some primary school kid with innocence and all” It’s not that surprising for Luhan, he knows that Kris is a gay since a long time ago, Luhan in the other way is a bi, he likes girl, but never experienced a relationship with a girl before, and tried couple of flings with few guys. Luhan think that it does not matter who will end up with him, a girl or a boy.

He knew that Kris suffered from his last relationship with a boy in his high school, it’s been years since Kris trying to commit in a relationship, because he is not ready and scared of the idea being hurt. Kris and Luhan has been a roommate since their first year of college. They are friends since then, although Kris taking a year to study English abroad during his 4th semester, Luhan stays in the same apartment, waiting for Kris to comeback, of course Kris still paying for the rent, both of them was born from rich family, money is not their problem. Kris stays humble in term of branded things, while Luhan loves branded things, and he never experience working with people, of course he is not trying to start soon either. He will start thinking about working when he finishes his study, going to continue his father’s business, just like Kris, but Kris starting to (help) work to his family since he came back from abroad, even able to manage his time during his thesis and still able to visit his company sometimes.

Luhan knows Kris best, than anybody, he knows behind that smile and humble personality, Kris is scared to start any relationship, and there are countless of girls, or even boys that confess to him, yet he rejects them all. It’s been years since Kris stop and closed his heart for any possibilities that makes him weak when he fall into a relationship thingy, and Luhan is happy to see that his friend is finally (unconsciously) trying to open his heart for somebody else and stop thinking hard about what will happened, good or bad in the end.

Kris sighed, “I don’t know, I want to be his friend”

“Then what bothers you? I thought you are friendly with everyone and easy to gain some new friends in any minute”

“He is different, he is not easy to be approached kinda guy, and that’s makes me wants to know him even more”

“well, good luck with that, but I think it’s not the right time to think about something like this since you are so busy managing your time with your thesis already”

Luhan change his clothes with casual hoodie and black jeans, opening his room door and looking at Kris who are preparing himself to go to his company.

Today Kris is going to visit his company, to see the progress of his father’s project and just to catching up about everything regarding to his company; he cares about his family business and never fails to make his father proud. He is a smart kid, never fool around while he is in school and have a great academic history. There is just one time, when he was brokenhearted. He stopped going to school; he stayed at his room for a week, until his father decided to transfer him to another school. His father didn’t know about Kris relationship, Kris never told anyone else beside Luhan. He told Luhan about his ex-boyfriend who broke his heart and saw him cheating with a girl after Luhan told him that he likes a boy in campus, and they willingly shared their story that night.

“Where are you going? What about you, Luhan? Just start doing your thesis already! It’s not going to move anywhere if you don’t start soon”

“You know I am the best at procrastinate things, the time will come” nodding with confidence and taking his car key and mobile phones from the table.

 “Bull, you are going to the bubble tea shop again, right? What’s wrong with you? What’s so special with that place anyway? There are thousands of bubble tea shops around the city and you always choose that shop”

“Nothing special, I just like my usual order tastes, see ya”

Kris sighed and thought maybe he should accompany Luhan someday to that bubble tea shop, to see the specialty of that place. Luhan never told him about his problems, and he did not want to start disturbing his privacy either, it’s not like he has time to do it anyway.

Kris is getting ready and wears his grey shirt and putting on his black work pants, getting his car key and closed the apartment’s door behind him.

 

----

 

Luhan parked his car in the same spot like he parked his car yesterday, walking slowly to the bubble tea shop covered in choco-cream painted color. Not so crowded today, he thought. He pushes the glass door, the bell chiming above him and walking towards to the counter immediately.

“My usual please” He said to the cashier and smiling at him, the other guy is not here yet, he thought.

“Here is your order, Sir! Thank you” Jongin put a smile and handling the bubble tea cup to Luhan. Luhan walk to his usual seat and taking out his mobile phone while waiting for someone to arrive, the person who always captured his eyes, yet does not have any courage to introduce himself and talk to him because he is too cold, his eyes, his stare, and of course Luhan is afraid being rejected if someday he confess to the guy, it’s not normal for a guy to confess to another guy, maybe he is normal, and disgusted by Luhan, that’s what he afraid most. It’s also broke Luhan’s heart when he overheard the guy’s phone conversation while sitting right across him. He was smiling happily talking to the person on the other line, maybe it is his girlfriend or boyfriend. He thought and feels the ache in his heart. There is no turning back, yet he is stuck here, almost every day.

He even considers himself as a stalker to this guy. Of course he is not following him on his way back to his place or house, not a creepy stalker, just a cool stalker. Luhan is comforting himself.

It is 01.13 PM, still no sign of that guy, he should be here in any minutes, minutes by minutes Luhan patiently waiting, and there are no sign of him. Luhan is desperately wants to see him again, losing his patience, he walk to the counter and ask to the other cashier, “I’m sorry, are you supposed to change your shift like one hour ago?” Luhan asked Jongin and he does not even care anymore if Jongin thought of him being a creepy guy who weirdly knew about the shop shifts schedule.

“Oh, yeah right, but I work double today since my workmates have a personal issues to be dealing with”

“Umm Ok, thank you very much for your information. Please don’t tell him about me asking all of this, are we OK?” Luhan shoved $20 to the counter and making Jongin smile widely, “Well of course, thank you for the tips”

Sighed heavily, Luhan pushed the shop’s door and walking to his car, thinking about the guy one more time, surely that guy already in a relationship; maybe he is going on a date with his girlfriend or boyfriend today. He sighed one more time and feeling like to give up with this whole crush thing.

 

 

----

 

Tao flips the pages of the book in front of him. The class is boring, and yet the girl who sits right beside him, Yuri, bothering him all day, what is wrong with this girl, Tao’s mentally scoffed to himself.

“Hey, Tao, I brought this for you” the girl smiling and moving a food container in closer to him

“What is this?” Tao whispering so that the lecturer would not notice him talking behind the crowded class

“I made that, try it please, and please be honest about the taste” Yuri is quite pretty with her brown ponytail style hair today. Tao notice her already since their first time of International Finance class, but they never sit side by side like this before, and it’s kinda annoying to Tao because he wants to focus with the lecture yet Yuri always asking him many personal questions.

“You don’t have to do that, now I’m feeling like I owe you or something”

“No problem at all, Tao. I would be gladly to cook you every day if you want” It is very clear that Yuri likes Tao more than a friend, yet Tao is too naïve to understands it quickly

“NO, you don’t have to do that to me, really, Yuri”

“But, I really like you Tao, am I not it clear enough?” The girl aggressively leaning her body closer to Tao, a small gasped forming in Tao’s mouth

“You..what? I’m sorry if this hurting you, but I have a girlfriend” Tao quickly turning his head coldly watching the lecturer in front of the class.

“Oh really? I’m sorry, I thought you are single, Tao. I will not bother you from now on, so sorry” The girl taking back her food container and moves his seat away from Tao and bends her head down because of the embarrassment.

“Not a problem, thank you” Tao keeps his silence, looking at the wall clock in front of his class, waiting for another fifteen minutes before the class ends.

Tao dial’s Sehun’s number after the room is empty and he is still sitting at his seat, putting his mobile in his ear and hears the tone connected “Sehunna, do you want to eat lunch with me, today?”

“Yeah, but I only have 20 minutes before I start my tutor, I will be tutoring overtime today, Tao, you will have to go back to our apartment by yourself today”

“Ok, let’s meet up in 2nd floor canteen”

Tao is chewing his food while waiting for Sehun in their usual meeting place. Sehun appear holding his food tray with his cold face expression like he wants to murder somebody, Tao always wonder how can a guy like Sehun be a tutor, maybe he even got a nickname as the killer tutor from his student, he rarely smile, not that everyone understand what kind of guy Sehun is, judging from the appearance, he is more like cold serial killer. He is actually handsome, yet never really cares about his appearance and his smile is so charming with his eyes forming a crescent showing his genuine smile.

“Really, Sehunna, you should smile, you are handsome, and you know that right?”

“Should I smile without a reason like an idiot? Like you always do, huh?”

“No, I’m not!” Tao scoffed and continue to chew his food

“What happened if I smile a lot and the girls in this campus falling in love with me?”

“Ha-ha, keep on dreaming, Sehunna. I just rejected a girl from my class today, she even cook for me before confessed to me”

“Really? How did you do it, exactly?”

“I told her that I have a girlfriend, as simple as that and she backing-off right away”

“Well, thank you very much for your information, I’ll use it if someone confess to me, I’ll simply told her that I have a girlfriend”

“Ha-ha, if you keep using your cold mask in front of everyone, nobody will like you, Sehunna. Please take care of yourself, start wearing stylish clothes, and do something with your hair”

“I’m not a spoiled brat like you; stop worrying about me like I will die alone in this life. By the way, I am going to tutor overtime today, since my student asking me to help them before their mid-term”

“So, what time will you coming back today? You are not going to work at the bubble tea shop today?”

“No, I already told my manager and my workmates about my permit to skip to work just for today”

”ah okay, I guess I’ll be alone today at the apartment, what time are you going to finish with your tutoring class?”

“I can’t promise you the exact time, but of course I’ll try to comeback before dinner”

Tao’s nodding his head, he is always afraid being alone in one place, because he is afraid of ghost, and he will start screaming like a girl if he scared to death. So he is challenging himself to stay alone in his apartment today, getting busy with his headphone and loud music to prevent the feel of being alone.