What is this feeling?

Love You Lately

It starting to rain before Tao could run across the road that connects his way from their campus to his apartment. Lucky for him there are no thunders that he is most afraid about when it is raining, so he decide to run and cover his head with his jacket and hold tight his precious Gucci black bag in his chest.

Tao arrives in front of their apartment’s door, his clothes dripping wet with rain water and so his hair, he open the door and throwing all his clothes away to the floor and leaving only with his boxer and walk to the bathroom to take nice hot shower. He does not even care about tidying up his splatter clothes all around the floor, not yet, he was hoping that Sehun will not going back early from his tutor class, not until he finishes tidying up their messy apartment or Sehun will yell and start nagging like his mom.

Tao closing his eyes, enjoying the hot water running through his body, his head starting to feel a little bit dizzy and he decides to finish his bath as soon as possible and wear his pajama and get ready to sleep. It’s 2 PM and maybe he could rest for a couple of hours before Sehun comes back. He lies on the bed, pulling up his blanket to his neck and drifting away to his dreamland.

Tao wakes up with dizziness and feels his body is burning inside, damn, now I got a fever, nice, he talks to himself and looking at the clock on his bedside table, 4.13 PM, he just slept for 2 hours and he can hear the downpour outside, he lazily wakes up and getting his drink because his throat is aching so much right now. Then he could hear the thunder , he gasp and start running away to take his bag on the floor, still wet, and take his mobile to his room, closing the door behind him and hiding himself in the blanket, start to dial Sehun’s number.

It’s ringing two times and Sehun immediately connects on the phone, “Yes, Tao?” Sehun is whispering and stepping aside in front of his class.

When are you going back, Sehunna? It’s raining outside, and I can hear the thunder too! I’m scared, please come back home soon” Tao would like to shout but he does not have enough energy to do it so his voice cracking up and indirectly let Sehun knows that Tao is definitely being serious about his situation.

I’m sorry, Tao. I can’t stop my tutor now, but I’ll promise once I finish I’ll come straight home, Okay? Just put your earphone or something to cover your ears”

No! My head is super dizzy right now to even listen to some music..” Tao whines with his voice weakly

Just go to sleep Tao, I can’t promise you the exact time, but as soon as I finish this class I’ll run back to our place, ok? I gotta go, Tao. The longer we talk the longer I finish my class, you know that”

Yeah, I’m sorry, Sehunna. You don’t have to worry about me; I’ll call Amber then, bye”

They hang up the phone and Tao dialing Amber’s phone number and waiting for it to connect.

Hello?” Tao greets weakly when the line is connected

Taozi, what’s wrong? You never call me this early” Worries fills Amber’s voice

I think I got fever, Ambi, Sehun is not home, and it’s raining outside, I can hear the thunder is coming closer” Tao whisper weakly and hug his bear plushy tightly

Aw, baby Taozi you make me worry! I wish I can go there right now and treat you”

No, that’s ok; just don’t hang up the phone please”

Damn, I wish I could, Taozi, really! I’m in my office right now, and my boss is now looking at me with his death glare, I have so many works to do, so sorry, Taozi”

Please, just 5 more minutes”

I should call Kris and ask if he is free and ask him to accompany you, OK?”

No, No please don’t! Don’t you dare, Ambi!” Attempting to shout yet it turns out to be squeaking voice coming from Tao’s mouth

What’s wrong with him? I’m sure he’ll be glad to help us, I should go, Tao, my boss is waving his hand now asking me to go to his office, I’ll call Kris and see if he is OK with it, OK? Just hang in there”

No! Please Don-“

Bye, Miss you, Taozi” Amber hangs up the phone immediately.

Damn, why it has to be Kris? Because you don’t have any other close friends, you idiot, he reply his own question and sighed. Let’s hope that Kris got something to do and it is way more important than saving a teenager who is afraid of thunders. He takes his mobile and start typing text message to his girlfriend

To: Ambi – 04.20 PM

[You don’t have to call Kris; I’ll try to sleep now]

He hit the send button and put his pillow above his ear to minimize the sound of the thunder, trying to relax himself and closing his eyes, luckily he is to weak and the fever made him easily to gain his sleepiness.

It took 20 minutes for Kris to finally arrive in front of Tao’s door, thanks to Amber who gave him Tao’s phone number and apartment’s number. He dial Tao’s number and waiting for Tao to pick his phone up.

Umh?” Tao lazily answer his mobile and his eyes still closed

Tao, this is Kris, could you please open your door? I don’t want to be rude”

Wha-what? You’re here? Just wait-” Tao hang up his mobile and waking up completely, his heart pounding so hard to realize that Kris is now in front of his door, he start walking slowly against his dizziness and opens the door.

There’s no charming smile from the older face, only some worries painted in it. “Are you Ok? God, you are burning up” He touches Tao’s forehead with his palm, and quickly put his arms on Tao’s waist.

Tao gasped and try to remove Kris’ hand from his waist “No, Ge, That’s OK, I can walk by myself”

No you are not, stop being so awkward with me, Taozi” Kris’ fastened his grip to Tao’s waist and walk him to the living room. “I bought you porridge & some medicine, let’s eat first and then you can continue to rest” He help Tao to sit down on the couch, walking to the kitchen counter to find spoon and take the take-out and sit right beside Tao who lean weakly with his eyes half closed.

“You should eat, come on, I’ll feed you” Kris first attempt to feed Tao was failed because Tao is whining and too lazy to open his mouth and eyes. “Come on, you kiddo! You should eat in order to get better, tsk”

 

“No, I don’t wanna! I’m not hungry, Ge” Tao’s whine even more with his eyes half closed now leaning unconsciously to Kris shoulder

 

“Yah! This kid, tsk, you have to eat so you can take your medicine. Just eat one or two spoons and I’ll let you sleep, ok?” Kris trying to feed Tao again and finally Tao give up and open his mouth and start chewing slowly

 

“Damn, it’s to bitter, Ge, I don’t want it, please let me sleep, I’m too tired to eat” Tao entangling his left hands to Kris’ right hand and leaning his head comfortably in Kris right shoulder.

 

“One more, and I’m done feeding you, come on, you are such a big baby, a really cute big baby” Kris turn his head to feed Tao once again while the younger giving up and open his mouth.

 

“Ok, we’re done, let me take a glass of water and get you your medicine first” Kris put the food container and untangled Tao’s hand from his but Tao hold him even tighter and close his eyes.

 

“No, don’t let me go, please don’t go, I’m afraid of the thunder”

 

Kris sighed and turns his body to the right and gasped when Tao immediately move his head to the crook of Kris’ neck, his both hand now entangling to Kris’ back and hold Kris even tighter, the breath that comes from Tao’s nose caressed his neck skin, his heart is pounding, yet nothing he can do, he hug Tao back, and they are hugging like they never seen each other for years. They stays with the same position for almost 15 minutes, and Kris finally decided to take Tao to his room, there are two rooms in this apartment, he thought, he needs to figure out which one is Tao’s. Luckily one of the doors is open and he can see the Gucci collection in the dresser inside the room. He starts nudging Tao and tries to wake up him, but Tao seems to be a heavy sleeper.

 

“I hope you are not that heavy” Kris murmurs weakly and starting to carry Tao’s body to his room, puts him slowly in his comfy bed, and pull the bedcover up to his chin. Looking at Tao’s pale face yet so innocence, he unconsciously his hand against Tao’s cheek, damn it he is so cute, he thought, feeling the burning temperature in Tao’s face and finally start walking up to the kitchen to take an ice pack to compress Tao’s forehead with it. Kris put the bowl on the bedside table and checking on Tao’s temperature closely. Tao’s open up his eye half awake; unconsciously think that the blurry face in front of him is Sehun.

 

 “Sehunna, lay down with me, hug me until I fall asleep, please” He whispered slowly

 

Sehun? Kris thought who is that? Is he his roommate? He does not want to over think about it, and start to lay his body besides Tao and Tao immediately hug him under the blanket, put his head on Kris shoulder with his face facing Kris’ neck, Kris put his hand on Tao’s back while the other hands cupping Tao’s head and his hair. Kris’ heart pounding faster,

 

“You are so warm; I like your smells, Sehunna. Don’t leave me alone when I’m already asleep, please?” Tao talking to his sleep and still did not recognize the guy who is hugging him.

 

“I’m here, I’m here, Taozi. Now try to sleep, I’m not going anywhere” Kris whispers softly and continue to Tao’s hair until they both falls asleep.

 

 ----

 

 

Sehun arrives at the apartment, unlocking the door and see Tao’s entire clothes spatter all around the floor in behind the door, Tsk, this spoiled kid, really, he scoffed to himself and put his coat to the coat hanger and his shoe to its rack. He slowly walks towards to Tao’s room, open the door silently and gasped.

 

“What the ?!” He yells at the man who is hugging Tao closely. Both Kris and Tao shocked with the sudden loud voice and wakes up completely, Kris release his hug and get up from the bed.

 

“Who the are you, what do you think you are doing with my roommate?!” Sehun’s emotion building up, walking fast towards Kris body who are still gaining his conscious and and gasped when Sehun grab his collar

 

“Whoa, easy now, he is alone and I’m trying to comfort him-“

 

“Get the out of our apartment, jerk!” Sehun pull Kris’ body and push him towards the door “I don’t know who you are and I don’t want to see your face near him again, understand?” Sehun throws Kris body outside and didn’t want to hear any further explanation from the guy and the door closed the door behind him and walks his way back to Tao’s room.

 

“What do you think you are doing?” Sehun watched Tao who rubbed his eyes and then looking at him confusedly, still processing about what just happened in front of his eyes.

 

“Wha-I thought it was you, I thought I was hugging you” Tao’s eyes widened trying to explain everything yet he seems like he still does not know what just happened and his dizziness is not helping at all.

 

“Yeah right, I’m so angry at you right now, you let stranger come inside our apartment, what will happen if you are being robbed, or , I said I will go straight home when I finish, which part of you did not understand?!”

 

“He is not a stranger; he is my friend, Sehunna! He is Amber’s friend!” Tao can feel his eyes watery and still trying to hold his tears; he does not want to let Sehun see him cry and confirmed him as spoiled brat.

 

“And what, you called him and asked him to accompany you just because you think you know him? I was worried about you being alone and finish my class in hurry, and yet you let a stranger come inside our apartment, geez, I’m so done with you!” Sehun closed the door behind him and left Tao dumbfounded.

 

 

----

 

 

Tao can’t hold his tears any longer, he cries and his fever makes him even worse, he sobs and still confuse about what happened and try to recover his memory, he remember that he opened the door for Kris, and Kris grab his waist, and after that everything seems blurry. His mobile phone vibrate and he grab it and saw the unknown number, the same number that calls him earlier, Kris, he thought, he hit the call button and put the mobile on his right ear trying to stop sobbing.

 

“Taozi, are you OK? I’m so sorry.. I don-“ Kris voice trembling he notice Tao’s sobs and stop talking immediately feeling hurt inside, for the first time hearing Tao’s crying.

 

“I’m OK, Ge. I am the one who should say sorry, I’m so sorry, Ge I thought you were Sehun, my roommate, and I’m such an idiot” Tao starting to cry but try hold his breath

 

“No, no, I’m OK really, Tao, you don’t have to worry about me, you are sick anyway, please stop crying, ok?”

 

“But, but Sehun hates me, and he the way he treated you just now, I feel bad, Gege”

 

“Stop crying, Taozi. I’m OK. We’ll talk about this tomorrow, now try to rest, stop thinking about it, I’m sure Sehun will come to his sense tomorrow and let you explain about it. Please stop crying, for me, ok?”

 

“Thanks, Ge, I’ll try to sleep now”

 

“Good, I’ll hang up the phone, ok? It’s going to be alright, Taozi, good night, get well soon”

 

Tao hangs up the phone and think about Sehun, he needs to apologize about this whole thing tomorrow first thing in the morning before Sehun going to campus. He rest his right cheek on the pillow right beside his head, the smells, Kris’ cologne, it makes him feel safe, secure, he even remember the warmth that Kris gave to him before, it feels so nice, feels so right, he never felt it before, not from his parents, Sehun, or even Amber, it is different.

 

What is this feeling?