Be Prepared

Love You Lately

Just some short update before we enter the main chapter :)

 

It’s been three days since Sehun last saw Luhan. Luhan is busy on his thesis, going to finish it as soon as possible and focusing in chasing Sehun. He even didn’t go out for lunch or dinner, staying inside his bed or eating delivery fast food and then continue to work on his thesis. Kris didn’t bother to disturb him, just asking how does his thesis doing and going to the campus or his family company.

Luhan is working on the last chapter of his thesis, he is going to finish this today, He can go to the campus asking for his professor time to check on it and still have some time for the final revision and get away with his thesis forever, well of course after his thesis trial and graduate. Lucky for Kris, his thesis is 98% finish already and going to submit it next week, waiting for Luhan so that they can celebrate together.

Luhan wears his t-shirt and his black soccer pants; holding a sandwich on his right hand, busy chewing it, and his left hand slowly typing on the keyboard one by one. He usually forbids himself for eating on his bed, but this is not the time. He did not wanna miss every second of his life not doing his thesis right now, even though the music is playing, and the television is , he didn’t even bother to look at it.

His phone vibrating, he looks at the screen and his mother’s number flashing on the screen. “Wei, mom”

“Hanhan, where have you been this passed few days?” Luhan’s mom voice is full of worries, even though she is busy with her socialites activities, she always calls his one and only son, Luhan, from time to time.

“I’m sorry mom; I’m busy working on my thesis, why are you calling me? Anything wrong at home?”

“You are forgetting mommy’s birthday tomorrow, aren’t you?”

“Tomorrow? My God, totally forget that, I’m so sorry, Mom. I’ll go back home tomorrow, I promise”

“You can bring your friend Kris over”

“I’ll ask him later, but I doubt he will be free, are we holding a party tomorrow?”

“No, just our family, I’ll have my birthday party on Sunday”

“Okay mom, what do you want for your birthday gift?”

“Just my son coming back to our home is enough for me, Han”

“Okay then, I’ll wrap myself tomorrow” his mom laughing happily hearing those words coming from his son. Although Luhan is a little bit hard to control, but he always love his family, especially his mom. His dad always busy working and rarely stays at home.

“Just drive safely tomorrow, okay?”

“Yeah, of course”

“Mommy loves you, hanhan”

“Love you too mom, bye”

He put his phone back on his bed, start typing on his keyboard.

 

-----

 

Kris is standing in the center of the ballroom, holding a glass of wine on his right hand. He is wearing a black suit today for the opening ceremony his father’s partner in Business Company. The faces are not familiar, he knows no one there, already introduce himself to the host of the events. He might be the youngest guy there, but he didn’t want to act like one. He wants to be known as the professional businessman despite of his lack of experiences and age.

“Aren’t you Mr. Wu’s son?”

Someone is grabbing his back and Kris immediately turns his body around and takes a bow at the older man.

“Yeah, Sir, my name is Kris Wu”

“Nice meeting you, I’m Mr. Park, your father and I usually golfing together, do you play golf?”

Kris smiling nervously because he knows nothing about the older man in front of him “No, Sir. I never played golf”

“Maybe you should start learning, young man”

“Yeah I will, soon” Kris nodded his head and sees his uncle who is smiling widely and walking closer to them

“Hi, Mr. Park, I believe you have met my talented nephew” he shakes his hand with Mr. Park in a firm grip

“Ah that’s too much uncle” Kris answer softly

“That’s true, I can see it immediately he has his father talents as a businessman” Mr. Park continue patting Kris’s shoulder

“So when are you going to start working for real at your father’s company, Kris?” his uncle asking him after grabbing the drink from the waitress

“Soon, after I finish my college”

“Yeah, and you should start having a family, I believe a young handsome man like you already got a girlfriend, right?” Mr. Park’s question unconsciously making Kris stop smiling, not that he is upset or offended with the question, it is just that, he didn’t want to make a big deal out of it right now, he remember Tao’s face, what will happen if everybody in here notice that he is not really interested with girls?

“I’ll focus to my college first, Sir” Kris giving the older man small bows politely, starting to feel uncomfortable with the topic.

“So you don’t have a girlfriend? Your uncle should introduce you to some of these businessmen’s daughter” Mr Park laughing.

Kris forcing his laugh, his uncle patting his shoulder “Yeah, do you want it, Kris? Just tell me”

“No you don’t need to, Uncle. I’m fine, excuse me, I need to go to the gents room”

He quickly excuses himself, running away from the uncomfortable topic, why would people bother about his relationship anyway. He’s calming himself remembering all those Tao’s smile and laugh. Trying to control his emotion, this is not the moment to get angry.

He stays there, trying to socialize himself with the guests until his dad finally arrives and he is now free to go. He went back to his apartment, change his formal clothes to the casual one, and take his bag and notebook, ready to go to the campus library, going to finish his thesis today. He notice Luhan is still inside his room.

“Lu, have you eaten?” He opens the door and looking at Luhan who is busy typing on his notebook keyboard.

“Yeah, I’m not really hungry. Are you going to campus?”

“Yes, I need to complete my thesis sources and then it finally finish”

“Okay, please buy me some food when you get back later”

“Fine, bye, Lu”

 

-----

 

Tao smiling reading the text from his phone in his class, the lecturer is not coming to his class today, so they have to wait for the assistant to lecture them. The class is noisy, but he didn’t care. He read Kris’ text over and over again.

The night when he accidentally hugged Kris, turn out to be shamefully as ever when Kris texted him with the word “Don’t be embarrassed, I like the hug too J, good night Taozi” he didn’t reply it, though. Just reading it over and over again. Well at least Kris is not angry or something, or even worse judging him like he is some psycho.

It’s been two days since they last met, Kris is busy managing his time with his thesis and business thing, but Tao knew it and didn’t want to disturb the older. And he didn’t want to swallow his pride because of last event between him and Kris. Yet Kris knows that the younger feel ashamed of what he did that night, and didn’t want to make him uncomfortable either, going to meet him face to face later, texting him is not supposed to be a good option at this moment.

Tao also thinking about Sehun’s statement that night, which one he will choose, but why do he has to choose one of them? Can I get them both? He asked himself. Well since Kris came into his life, his contact with Amber is increasingly rare for sure, but that does not mean he does not care about Amber anymore, it’s just that Amber is busy with her work and he didn’t want to disturb him. Amber doesn’t mind his friendship with Kris right? Kris would now Tao relationship with Amber the moment they met at the mall, right? Should I talk to Kris about this? But what’s the point? It will make me as weird as ever talking nonsense about my relationship with Amber to Kris. Like he will ever care anyway. Amber said it herself that he will never regret meeting Kris, he has a great personality, so I guess Amber should be happy knowing that Kris and I growing closer every day, right?

Tao keeps denying or still not fully understand his feeling towards Kris. Trying to convince himself that he still in love with Amber and treating Kris as his best friend, or brother. Deep down he already knows the answer. He didn’t want to face it.

 

-----

 

While Sehun is back at the bubble-tea shop, the moment his foot stepping on the shop, immediately scanning for the crowded customer. There’s no sign of Luhan. Yeah, he is giving up now, giving up on me, for the second time. He just wants to play with you Sehun. Stop thinking that he cares about you. He is just some rich student who likes to play with someone’s feeling. His heart ache, but he chooses to ignore it. The fact that deep down he still believes that Luhan care about him. He should just move on with his life now that Luhan will never disturb him anymore.

 

-----

 

Kris and Luhan sitting on their living room couch, eating the food that Kris bought for their dinner. His thesis is finally done. So did Luhan. They finally catch their breath after hectic activities today.

“I’m going home tomorrow; do you want to join me?”

“Why so sudden?”

“Tomorrow is my mom’s birthday, I totally forgot about that, gosh”

“Ah I see, I can’t go, Lu, already have plans with Taozi”

“You can ask him to join too if you want, you know my house, you can get all lovey dovey with all the views and fresh air”

“Maybe next time, Lu. Just conveys my regards to your family, especially your mom”

“I will” Luhan continue shoving the noodle to his mouth

“What time are you planning to go?”

“Around 7, early in the morning, I didn’t want to catch traffic, what about you?”

“I’m not sure, I haven’t talk in details with Tao, and I’ll call him later to make sure the plan is fixed”

Luhan start packing for tomorrow’s trip. He didn’t bring much clothes, because all of his clothes are stored in his house, he put his notebook on his bag. Preparing his coat and shirt for tomorrow. Clearing up the books on his bed, putting it back in the bookshelves in their living room. He heard murmuring voices coming from Kris’ room. He is talking to his phone. Luhan walks back to his room. Relaxing himself after days of studying, turning on the television and his consoles game. Plays for 5 hours non-stop without realizing it is already midnight and he should get some sleep because feeling sleepy while driving is kinda dangerous.

 

-----

 

“Wei?” Kris heard Tao’s soft voice on the other line

“Sorry, did I wake you up, Taozi?”

“Kinda, what’s wrong Gege?” Tao rubs his eyes, trying to stay awake

“I was wondering about our trip tomorrow, since you didn’t tell me about the details, it’s still on, right?”

“Yeah, I’m sorry, I totally forget about that since.. our last meeting, I’m sorry, Ge”

“Stop saying sorry every time you talk to me, Taozi..”

“Yeah, sorry, oops-“

Kris chuckles; He walks to his bed, laying himself down on the bed, already wears his pajama and resting his head on the pillow. “So, what time we should go?”

“I told Amber we are going to eat lunch together”

“Okay, I’ll pick you up at 9AM? We take the train there?”

“Yeah, sounds great. You don’t want to use public transportation, Ge?”

“No, It’s just maybe you want me to drive you there”

“But it will take hours, and we are wasting our time on the road”

“It is not wasted; we can talk during our trip”

“Or you can watch me sleeping for hours and it will bored you to death” Tao laughing imagining that Kris regretting his decision to drive his car because Tao might be sleeping on their way roundtrip.

I’ll be the happiest man on earth just to watch you sleeping peacefully for hours, Tao. Kris talks to himself. “If you are falling asleep in my car I’ll kidnap you. Go back to sleep, I’ll pick you up at 9 and we go together to the train station, ok?”

“Okay, Ge. Goodnight”

Kris stays in silence; Tao didn’t hangs up the phone, still waiting for Kris response “Goodnite, Taozi. I miss you-”

Tao startled, uncertain how to respond to that, since he never responded when Kris said that. “I-I miss you too, Ge” he finally speaks and immediately hangs up the phone. Is it weird to miss someone? No? I miss Sehun sometimes when he is not around, but why it is so hard to admit that I miss Kris?

Tao does not know that Kris is the happiest man that night, finally getting Tao positive response. He misses me too, God I can hear those words millions time and never get bored with it. I can’t wait to meet him tomorrow. He is trying to sleep, trying to accelerating time so that he can meet his Taozi sooner.

Kris forget one thing, sometimes life does not turn out the way he hope or expected whether turns out to be good or bad. Because of that, he is not totally prepared when his plan didn't work out.

 


Oh my God, I didn't prepare myself and totally didnt expect that it will be such a long story -_-

I thought my story will be completed for 3 or max 4 chapter >.<