Not Giving Up On You

Love You Lately

“He is my roommate!” Tao shouts loudly enough to make Luhan stop walking and turning his body and looking at Tao’s direction.

“Excuse me?” Luhan asking him one more time to make sure what he heard before.

“He is actually my roommate!” Kris looking at both of them from time to time even flustered than before.

Luhan’s eyes widened in shock “But-, so he was lying to me?” Luhan walking closer to Tao trying to calm himself

“Whoa, what is going on here?” Kris grabbing both of Tao and Luhan’s hand dragging them to the nearest Japanese restaurant and forces them to sit in front of him. “What is going on? I’m so confused right now, and why are we talking about Tao’s roommate?”

Both of them keep their silence and Luhan nudge Tao’s left arm softly. “I thought you want to explain...” Luhan said, looking at him

Tao tilt his head up and looking at Kris innocently “Umph-I didn’t know what happened that day, all I know, Sehun, my roommate, texted me to go to his classroom and when I got there he hug me and told you that I’m his boyfriend”

“So HE WAS LYING!?” Luhan shout enthusiastically, not sure to be mad or happy at the same time.

“Please, leave him alone, Ge!” Tao whispers

“Why? Did I do something wrong? Did he tell you about me? What did I do wrong? Tell me Tao! I’ll fix it!”

“Why do you care so much, Ge?”

“ISN’T IT OBVIOUS, TAO? I LIKE HIM! God! Seriously, Kris?” Luhan rolls his eyes looking at Kris

Kris chuckle because of Tao’s innocence and gazing at Luhan, he wishes he had that kind courage to tell someone that he likes him. Well, he would not mind telling Tao right now about his feeling, but what he is afraid the most is when Tao might be rejecting him right away. He needs to make sure everything first.

“You don’t have to chase him anymore, Ge. He-, He-“ Tao hesitates to speaks and stop. Closing his mouth tightly, he is not sure is that okay to tell Luhan the real reason that Sehun indirectly rejecting him that day? It would be rude of him, but he does not want Sehun knows about everything and getting mad at him, and he also didn’t want Kris friend to disturb Sehun even more after this. He is such in a bad place right now; GOD my life should be easier than this! He thought.

“What are you trying to say? He is single right, Tao?”

“Yeah, but that does not even matter, since-he purposely rejecting you that day so you don’t disturb him anymore”

“Bu-but why? I need to know why? Maybe I can change it! God, you don’t know how long I’ve been wanting to talk to him, Tao! I’ve waited for months just to say HI to him, and suddenly I met him, I can sit right next to him, I can talk to him”

“He said that-“Tao turn his head down, taking a deep breath, feeling guilty for Sehun, but he should do this, “He said that, he hates you”

It’s like a knife stabbing through Luhan’s heart. It does not matter if Sehun does not like him, yet, he can make him like him, it does not matter if Sehun in relationship, he can wait, waiting for them to break up, but it really does matter if someone you like hates you. It’s like your world is turning upside down knowing the fact that you’ve been hated for God knows the reason why. I just talk to him for couple of words and now he hates me? Am I that annoying? Luhan thinks hard and trying to ignore all the pain in his heart.

“He- didn’t tell you why he hates me, Tao?” Luhan whispers, feeling like want to drop his body to the floor, but he is sitting down on the solid chair, that’s good. Actually he didn’t want to hear the answer; maybe it does better not knowing why he hates me. What if he hates something that I can’t change? What if he did not want to see me again? Maybe it’s my face? My appearance? My personality?

“No, all he said that you are not his type to begin with, Ge” Tao looking at Luhan with empathy “I’m sorry, Ge. I’m asking you, please, leave him alone, I don’t want to see him sad, or angry, you should better stay away from him, you are handsome, and you can find other guy in a minute, just please?”

“I’m sorry, I can’t do that Tao. But I promise I’m not gonna tell him about what I know, what you said to me, the truth”

“Bu-t why? Why are you so stubborn?!” Tao losing his temper and starting to yell at Luhan

“I like him and I will never let him go until I’ve done everything to make him like me! Because I like-, like him a lot! I will find my own answer, Tao. Stop worrying about him; I’m not going to hurt him!” Yes you do Luhan, every single day for 13 years of Sehun’s life, but he doesn’t know that, and no one knows that too, irony.

Kris is not talking to both of them; they enjoy their lunch in complete silence. Luhan’s cheerful personality is now gone, thinking about Sehun all this time, thinking about how will he make Sehun like him, falling in love with him.

He knows Luhan’s personality too much, knowing that Luhan will not giving up until he get what he wants. It’s always like that. He is forcing everything, but something he didn’t understand, this is people, a person with heart and soul he is talking about, not some fancy thing that he can bought easily with his money. Forcing someone’s feeling is never ended well according to Kris, maybe he will talk some sense with Luhan tonight, he didn’t want to argue with Luhan in front of Tao.

“I gotta go, bye, both of you enjoy your time” Luhan gets up from his seat and start walking away without even looking at both of them. Leaving Tao and Kris dumbfounded, looking at each other.

“What’s with him, Ge?”

“He is just like you, spoiled” Kris chuckled and grabbing Tao’s hand squeeze it slowly.

“Ah, stop it, Ge! You are embarrassing me” Tao pulling his hand away from Kris’

Kris chuckle even louder “So, your roommate, what’s with him, Taozi? How long have you know him? You never told me about him”

“You never told me about yours too” Tao pouted

“Hahaha, yeah I know, I just realized that, we were talking about ourselves all this time, that means we don’t care much about other people except ourselves, you and I” Kris giving Tao the best smile he could give, making sure that he is telling him the truth.

“You are wrong, I care about others too! Too much confidence will kill you, Ge!” Tao scoffed and taking a sip from his drink “I’ve known him for a year now; He is type of guy who didn’t share much of his problem with everyone, including me. He treated me like his own brother, and you know that right? You are not his first victim though”

“Yeah, right” Kris rolls his eyes trying to forget the night he was kicked out from Tao’s apartment

“But I’m not the type of guy who likes to step on someone’s toe too, Ge, if he didn’t want me to tell his stories, I didn’t mind, as long as he listen to me when I tell him my story”

“You are so selfish, Taozi” Kris Tao’s hair and didn’t let it go until Tao continue to speak

“His life is always about work, he works all the time, he once told me that his parents went on bankruptcy so he start to work part time, he didn’t take care of himself sometimes, forgot to eat and taking a rest, I love him, as a brother, and I didn’t want him to get sick, I always bought him dinner when I went out, he is the smartest person I ever know, Ge”

“Wow, you sound like you really care about him a lot, I envy him, I should be the one as your roommate!” Kris jokes around to make Tao’s smile and he succeeded.

“I didn’t want Luhan-Ge to disturb him, I don’t want to see someone hurting him, I want to protect him like he always did to me, unconditionally”

“Trust me, hurting your roommate is the last thing Luhan will ever do, I promise you. Even if he did, I’ll punch him in the face, right in front of you”

“No, you are lying, Ge! He is your roommate and we just know each other for a month now, of course you will stand up for him instead of me”

“If he was really did something awful, sure, I will be the one who should punch him, Taozi!”

They spend couple of hours talking at the restaurant, buying some ice cream and continue to shop. It is 5.20 Tao decided to go home because he is so tired and didn’t want Kris to carry all of his shopping bags even more. Tao is falling asleep on their way back to Tao’s apartment. Of course Kris is happy, seeing Tao sleeping is like his favorite moment. He suddenly hit the brakes when realize that the traffic light turning into red. Making Tao jumps up a little bit from his seat and fully awaken.

“I’m sorry, Taozi” Kris chuckle and regret his action because looks like Tao is not going to sleep again

“Um- Ge? I forgot to tell you how thankful I am today, thank you very much” Tao whispers softly resting his head still feelin sleepy

“No, you don’t have to. We should go somewhere next week! What about that?” Kris didn’t want to lose his opportunity of meeting Tao again

“Umh, I can’t. I’m going to visit Amber next week, Ge, I miss her”

“Sure, can I come with you?”

“Of course, Ge! She will be excited to meet you as well!”

 Just like that, the day has passed, Kris finally on his way back to his apartment, after saying goodbye to Tao and can’t help to hug him for seconds on his car, the younger yelps and didn’t hug him back, because he is shocked by the sudden event and quickly open the car door once Kris release him and say goodbye and running away from embarrassment, but Kris day is not finished yet, since he has to face Luhan, the “badmood” Luhan. It’s going to be a long night. He thought.

He opens his apartment door, the light is turned off, their living room is empty and dim, but he can hear a music coming from Luhan’s room. He knocked on his door, waiting for answer, no one answer it, he knock on the door one more time.

“Lu, I’m back! Are you there?”

The door open and he can see a lot of books on Luhan’s bed, so he has been studying this whole time. “Yeah?”

“Just worried about you, you are studying?”

“Yep, working on my thesis, how’s your date?” Luhan open the door wider and gesturing Kris to come in. He walks to his ipod dock and turn off the music and clearing some of the books and put it on the table in the corner of his room while Kris already sitting on his jumbo couch in front of his LED on the wall.

“I don’t call it a date, Lu” Kris rolls his eyes and looking at the monitor attentively

“How can you study like this, with the music and the television?”

“Noisiness makes me feeling a lot better, not feeling lonely, and makes my brain occupied on purpose” He sits on his bed, watching Kris’ back while Kris drown himself at the comfortable couch, feeling so tired.

“You are still thinking about Tao’s roommate?”

“Sehun? Yeah, I’ve been thinking about him for six months already, Kris.”

“I know that, Silly! I mean, about what Tao has said today.”

“It is a sarcasm, you dumbo! Of course I know what you meant. That’s why I try to make myself busy, hopefully I can get rid of this thesis really soon without any revision, God I hate school”

“Get used to it, if you wanna be with Sehun, you should love those books”

“Why is that?”

“Because according to Tao, he is a genius”

“That does not mean I can’t make him to like me, it has nothing to do with the brain, it’s in here” he is pointing at his chest, the same spot where his heart beating in it and Kris was not even looking and not really interesting to turn his head, too busy enjoying himself on the couch.

“Do you always get what you want, Lu?”

“Of course! Determination is the key!”

“He is not a “thing”, Lu. You can’t treat him the same like you want those brand new car, or new collection from your favorite brands” Kris getting annoyed and turn his head to see Luhan’s expression “You can’t just shove a bag of money to his mouth and making him fallin for you, that’s is so wrong”

“That’s why I have to find out what he likes, his dream, his favorite food, his favorite place, I’ll take him there, and I’ll do anything, Kris.”

“Tsk, I have promised Tao if you hurt his roommate I’ll punch you in the face!” Kris scoffed and slaps Luhan’s shoulder

“Not a problem, because I won’t” Luhan said in sincerity, he really wants to be with Sehun, this last six months has been such a waste of time, he thought. How stupid I am letting all this time passed and doing nothing about it. Since I got my courage now, I want to make sure I spend my precious time with Sehun well besides thesis of course.

“You can’t be so sure about that, besides, he is cold and vicious.” Kris drowned himself once again in the couch and watching the telly

“How do you know?”

“I went to Tao’s apartment when he got sick last month, and when he’s back, he thrown me out like I was some criminal and yelling at me, asking me to leave their apartment”

Luhan laughing hard and pressing his stomach makes Kris annoyed because his roommate teasing about his story

“That’s my man! I swear I want him more than ever” and then he stopped laughing and suddenly feared rising inside of him “Kris, do you ever thought that he might like Tao?”

“I wasn’t so sure about that, Lu. All I know is that Tao treating him like his own brother”

“Well, that’s good news for both of us, right?” Luhan raising his eyebrows while smiling. He continues doing this thesis while Kris falling asleep on his couch, and Luhan didn’t want to wake him up.

Luhan is ready to start his day tomorrow. Ready to start his mission to take down that cold and vicious heart of Sehun. And make him his maybe, forever, he doesn’t know it yet, he can’t promise something like that. 

 



Hi guys, sorry for the short update :)

But i have to cut it here since next chapter is going to be one of the longest chapter, I guess :D

Enjoy.