08

Dream come true

IU’s pov

 

Baekhyun is standing in front of me, singing his song.

Like always, his voice was flawless, hitting all the high notes perfectly and able to deliver the feelings of the song.

It wasn’t the first time I heard him sing but I don’t know why… There is this strange feeling inside me.

It was the exact same feeling that I experience whenever Luhan was in sight.

The feeling of my cheeks burning and also the acceleration of my heartbeat.

Why am I feeling the exact same thing when I’m seeing baekhyun now?

I continued to hear him song and observed him.

He sure is charming when he sings…

 

“IU? Sunbae? Hello anyone there?” I was deep in thought until he pat on my shoulders and awakened me.

“Oh neh, mian. I was just… too engrossed in your song.” IU said.

“Jjinja? I’m so thankful that you liked it! Now, I can record it in piece tomorrow.” Baekhyun smiled happily.

‘His smile… it’s nice.’ I thought as I stared at him, admiring.

 

“Baekhyun-ah, Sehun asked if you want to go grab some food together.” The door suddenly opened and I turned to take a look. It was Luhan.

At the sight of the two men who’s able to make my heartbeat accelerate, I quickly stood and took my leave.

“I’ve got some schedules to attend.” I lied and left the room.

 

“Omg, i felt as though I was going to die if my heart continues beating at that speed!” I mumbled and placed my hands over my chest.

Even though I had already run to the practice room right at the end of the corridor, my heart was still beating at the same rate.

“Calm down lee jieun. You’re most probably feeling like that because they are EXO. That’s just how every fangirl is feeling. Yes right. I couldn’t be slowly falling in love with all of them right?” I tried to calm myself down.

 

 

Third person’s pov

 

A week has passed and IU has not stepped into the company since then.

She was trying to avoid EXO at all cost and even removed the posters on her walls because she was confused about her own feelings.

She didn’t know if she saw them as men or was it just a normal fangirl feeling.

It was difficult to decipher her own feelings so she decided to not meet them at all. This would stop her from feeling anything.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” IU picked up a call when her magazine photo shoot ended.

“IU! We’re having our SHINee World III concert on the weekends, are you coming over?” It was Jonghyun over the line.

IU removed the phone from beside her ear to take a look at the date.

“Oh right, I totally forgot about it! I didn’t realise your concert was tomorrow!” IU said.

“I was anticipating for your reply and you didn’t tell me anything!” Jonghyun preended to be angry.

“Arrasso, I’ll be going!” IU agreed to turn up.

“Assa! I already handed the ticket to your manager since I guessed that you will come.” Jonghyun said.

“Then why are you asking me!” IU raised her voice.

“Hahahahahahahaha!” Jonghyun just laughed and didn’t answer her.

“Fine fine, I promise I will turn up tomorrow with a light stick in my hand and wave it around when I see you on stage!” IU said.

“Neh, I have to get back to practice. Talk to you later!” Jonghyun ended the call.

 

“Oppa! Jonghyun said he handed the concert ticket to you?” IU walked over to her manager who was discussing on some matters with the staffs.

“Neh, he handed it to me this morning when I went to the company to pick up some stuffs.” He reached for his bag and handed her an envelope with the words ‘For IU’ written on it.

“Aish, you could have told me earlier! I nearly forgot about SHINee’s concert!” IU pouted.

“Mian,, I was too busy this morning that I totally forgot about it.” He apologised.

“Gwenchanna!” IU opened up the envelope and took out the ticket to have a look.

“Wow, it’s the first few rows!” IU exclaimed.

 

(Next day)

“Oppa, I’ll be right back in a while!” IU alighted the car right in front of SM.

It was the first time IU was stepping into SM that week.

“Unni! Do you have some SHINee merchandise here?” IU saw the staff who was incharge of merchandises.

“Neh, we do have some in the store room right now. You can help yourself with it!” she pointed to the room labelled as ‘store’ and proceeded back to complete her work.

IU walked over to the room and opened the door.

The room was filled with the leftover merchandises and also some stock from upcoming concerts.

She has never entered this room before so she was walking around to have a closer look at the things in there.

“Waa!” IU saw some EXO merchandises lying in boxes.

“Isn’t this the poster that I was trying to get but out of stock?!” IU held the poster in her hand.

“So they do have stocks left!” IU looked at the boxes placed on the floor.

She was admiring the faces of the 12 members when suddenly her focus was on Baekhyun and Luhan.

Her heart started beating faster at the sight of them both.

“Aish, why am I feeling this again!” IU threw the poster back on the floor.

“Back to the main point, I’m here to find things to use to cheer for SHINee, not EXO!” IU patted her cheeks and went to the other side of the room.

“Aha! SHINee lightstick!” IU bends down and looks into one of the boxes.

She took out one to check if it was working.

“I’m curious what they are going to do with all these stuffs here. There’s so much of it!” IU begins to open up the boxes to have a look.

‘Stocks for Concert Day 2’ IU saw the words written on one of the boxes.

“So that’s why they have so many of them here…” IU left the room after taking a lightstick and also a banner to cheer for them.

 

“Arrasso oppa, I’m heading towards the car already!” IU’s manager had called her as she had gone in for a bit too long.

On her way out, she noticed that Chanyeol and Kris were sitting near the entrance, fiddling with their phones when they looked up and saw her.

“Oh it’s IU.” Chanyeol noticed her first and nudged Kris who was beside him.

“Annyeonghaseyo. You’re going to SHINee’s concert too?” Chanyeol asked.

“Oh? How did you know?” IU asked.

Chanyeol didn’t say anything but just point to what IU was holding.

“Oh this.” IU realised that she was holding to SHINee’s merchandise.

“Perhaps, are you guys going too?” IU asked.

“Neh, we’re waiting for our members to get out here.” Chanyeol answered.

“Okay then, I’ll get going first. Meet you guys there!” IU waved to them and left the place.

“Hyung! Did you see that?! IU was holding onto SHINee sunbae’s lightstick! I wonder if she would cheer for us like that too!” Chanyeol squealed as soon as she went out.

 

 

“Wow, there are so many fans here today!” IU looked around and was shocked by the presence of the many fans there.

“Daebak. Look at that!” IU pointed in a direction.

It was a life-size poster of SHINee, placed at the entrance for the fans to take photos with.

“Oppa, help me take a picture!” IU handed him his phone and ran to the poster.

“It’s IU!” The fans noticed the girl who was taking pictures with the poster and shouted.

After posing for a couple of photos, IU went back to her manager to check out the photos.

“The photos turned out well! Let’s send to Jonghyun oppa.” IU proceeded to send him the photo.

“I think it’s time for you to go in, the concert is starting soon.” The manager said.

“Oh yeah. Bye oppa!” IU looked at her watch and bid farewell to her manager.

“I’ll pick you up when the concert ends!” He waved and left the place.

 

“Hahahaha!” IU chuckled at Jonghyun’s reply as she walked towards her seat.

“Wow, the view is really good here!” She looked around and observed the environment to see if there’s any other idol present.

“One day, we will have our concert in a big place like this too!” IU looked in the direction where the sound came from.

‘EXO? Don’t tell me these empty seats belong to them…’ IU looked at the seats on her right and looked away in the other direction.

“Come on, let’s sit down!” Baekhyun was the first one to sit down, which made him next to IU.

“Oh? Isn’t this IU?” Baekhyun took a closer look at the girl next to her.

“Sunbae, annyeonghaseyo!” The rest of them greeted.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I didn’t expect you guys to be sitting next to me.” IU smiled.

‘Of all the 12 members, why must it be baekhyun beside me?!’ IU thought as she avoided looking at her.

“Wow, you came here well prepared huh?” Baekhyun said.

“You mean this?” IU raised her light stick and the banner around her neck.

“Neh. You’re really well prepared as a fan!” Baekhyun .

“Will you come cheer on us like that if we had a concert too?” Chanyeol, who was beside Baekhyun, asked.

“Of course I will! I will buy all of your merchandise!” IU tried to sound excited.

 

Luhan’s pov

Aish, why am I sitting right next to the aisle.

I was the last to enter the concert hall and that leaves me with that seat only.

I looked at the guys beside me, they were either talking among themselves or fiddling their phones.

My eyes were wandering around until a girl caught my attention.

‘Is that… IU?’ I looked at the girl beside Baekhyun.

They seem to talking happily with Chanyeol.

‘I wonder what they are talking about…’ I thought and IU’s face suddenly appeared in my mind.

‘Aish, stop thinking about her! She probably don’t like you!’ I hit my head slightly.