11

Dream come true

IU’s pov

 

“IU! KBS called to inform that they have casted you for an idol duet special on immortal song!” Manager oppa told me as soon as we got onto the car after an outdoor photoshoot.

“Oh? Who’s on with me and who is going to be there?” I was kind of curious who I’ll be competing against and who’s paired up with me.

“Let me see…” he took out his phone and began to go through the message.

“There will be Yoseob, Eunji, Juniel, CNBLUE’s Jonghyun …” he recited all the names mentioned in the message.

“Oh and your partner is Baekhyun!” he said.

“B-Bwoh?! Baekhyun? As in EXO’s Baekhyun?” Oh great, why does it have to be him. I’m still not ready to confess to him or whatever.

And now, I have to meet him regularly and practice?!

“Are you alright?” oppa must have noticed me froze when he mentioned that name.

“Or do you want be to cancel that schedule for you if you’re not comfortable being with him.” Oppa knows my feelings for Baekhyun.

He’s someone I trust a lot so I told him everything.

“Ani. I’m a singer and it’s my job! I have to be a professional and not let my personal feelings affect me.” I said.

“Well, if you say so.” We headed back to the dorm.

 

(EXO’s dorm) Baekhyun’s pov

 

“Bwoh?! Immortal song duet with IU?!” My voice echoed through the dorm’s walls and it caught the attention of my members.

“Did I hear someone is going to have a duet with our IU?!” Kai was first to appear in front of my dorm’s wall.

There was me and manager hyung in the dorm and we were still talking about the details when more members started appearing.

“I’m jealous!” Sehun sat down beside me and folded his arms.

“Come on, you guys know there’s no way I can face IU now!” I said.

“Hahaha too shy to face her?” Chanyeol teased me.

 

(Flashback- after IU’s birthday) Third person’s pov

 

The EXO members were sitting in living room, watching tv despite the time being 2am and they have schedules the next day.

“Oh my. It’s so late already and I can’t fall asleep! Ottokhae?!” For some reason, a few of them just can’t seem to fall asleep and have been killing time in the living room ever since they reached their dorm.

“How about some alcohol?” Chen walked out of the kitchen with a few cans of beer in a plastic bag.

“That might be good!” Baekhyun sat up and got a can from chen.

“Wow, we may get a scolding from Suho hyung tomorrow if he sees all these cans.” Chanyeol too took a can and started drinking.

 

 

“Yah! Give me another can! I want more!” Baekhyun was obviously getting drunk.

“You got to stop drinking! You had too much!” Chanyeol pulled him away from the cans.

“Hey, wanna know a secret?” Baekhyun was swaying from left to right and it seems like he was gonna fall anytime.

“What’s your secret?” Chen asked.

Since chanyeol and chen were much better drinkers than Baekhyun, they were still awake and interested in knowing what Baekhyun’s going to share with them.

“I’m in love…” Baekhyun finally spilled the words.

“Love? You better not let CEO hear this or you’re dead!” Chen thought he was joking with them.

“I’m serious! IU sunbaenim… She’s pretty. Don’t you think so?” Baekhyun added.

“Did I hear IU?” Chen looked at Chanyeol and he nodded.

“I’ve always liked her more than an idol. My feelings were different from what I have towards taeyeon. Taeyeon was more like an idol that I like very much but IU… My heart flutters when I first saw her and it was my first time feeling this!” Baekhyun said as he tried to reach for another can of beer but was stopped by Chen.

“I want to tell her I like her! I really do like her! But I don’t think she likes me… I don’t look as good as Luhan hyung and chen seems to have a better voice than me… I don’t see any reasons why she’d pick me over so many members.” Baekhyun slowly drifted off to dreamland as he finished the sentence.

“I’m sure he’ll regret telling us all this.” Chen smirked.

 

 

Next morning.

“Baekhyun! Time to wake up!” The leader was going around waking some of them .

Chen didn’t go back to the M’s dorm as it was already too late so he just slept on the sofa while Baekhyun slept on the floor.

“Oww.. My head” Baekhyun groaned in pain.

“You drank too much yesterday!” Suho scolded as he walked past baekhyun.

“Did I say anything stupid yesterday?” Baekhyun couldn’t remember what happened the night before.

“Don’t worry baek, we all know your feelings for IU.” Chen patted his head.

“Yes, we all know…” Sehun smirked.

“I can’t believe you’ve liked her for so long and you hid it from all of us!” Kai said.

“Did I…” Baekhyun froze.

“Yes you did.” Chen patted his head once more before going back to M’s dorm.

 

(end of flashback) Baekhyun’s pov

 

“Hahaha too shy to face her?” Chanyeol teased me.

“Argh.” I covered my face in embarrassment.

Why did I even get drunk that night?

Now everyone knows my secret.

“Don’t worry, the only ones that know is the 11 of us and manager which makes it 12!” Chanyeol made it sound like nothing.

“That’s a lot of people…” I mumbled.

“So are you going to accept the schedule? Or do you want me to push it off?” Manager asked.

“I-I…I’m going take it. It’s my job!” Oh god. Did I just accept it?!

“Great! I’ll give you more details after KBS replies.” Manager got out of my room.

 

(At KBS building for a meeting) Baekhyun’s pov

 

“Thank you all for agreeing to participate in this Idol Duet Special episode! We’ve casted some of you as you guys have already collaborated in duets together. While some are casted because we want to see new pairings!” The staff said.

“For the songs, we have already come up with a song list. The concept of this episode was to exchange songs with the other couples.” I blushed at the word ‘couple’.

The staff then started assigning and we were assigned ‘Love Day’ by Yoseob and Eunji sunbaenim.

“Recording will be next week so I hope you guys will practice hard for the show!” the staff bowed and left the room.

 

“So I guess we have to start practicing soon?” I turned to IU who was beside me.

“Yeah. That’s not a easy song to sing.” IU replied.

“Good luck on singing our song!” Yoseob approached us along with eunji.

“This song is going to be difficult to sing!” IU complained cutely to yoseob sunbae.

“Our song is difficult too! Everyone knows that nagging is so high and my voice would most probably crack.” Yoseob joked around with her.

“Good luck on practicing! We have to go practice now! Bye!” Eunji dragged Yoseob away from us.

“So, practice?” IU nodded.

 

We headed back to SM’s practice room and we first printed out the lyrics to memorise.

 

I’m very curious, I’m curious about everything

Why can’t I go to sleep and can only see your face?

I’m curious too, I’m curious about this heart

Why is it that when I see you, laughter comes out first?

 

These lyrics… they’re so true!

It’s exactly the feeling I’m feeling.

I quietly looked up at IU’s face and noticed that she was fully concentrated on the lyrics.

Was she feeling the same as me?

Oh come on baekhyun, you don’t even know who she likes.

 

I continued reading the lyrics and I realised it was totally relatable to me!

How am I going to finish this duet with IU?

 

Or should I confess my feelings? 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Yay it's a update again! Hope you guys are still enjoying this so far and won't find it boring T.T

Credits to SNSDEXO989 for the idea about immortal song! But i am not sure how the show goes so it may seem abit different or weird for those who are familiar with the show.