01

Dream come true

IU went up the stage of the press conference along with a SM representative.

The purpose of the press conference was to announce that IU has officially joined SM Entertainment.

As IU sat down on the assigned seat, the reporters started to take pictures of her and threw in many questions.

“IU-ssi, what has made you want to join SM?” that was one of the question asked by the reporters.

“Actually, when the news about my contract with LOEN ending soon was released, many companies came to me and offered a contract. Out of those, I was attracted by SM’s, not only because of the conditions have they offered. I like the way they package their artists and the kind of music they produced. Thus, I would really like to join SM, hoping that together we can produce music that is loved by the fans.” IU answered carefully.

Before the press conference has started, IU already prepared a list of answers to tackle such typical questions because that was not the truth at all…

 

(What actually happened)

 

One fine day, IU was lying on her sofa in her dorm when her manager approached her with some files.

“IU-ah, after knowing that your contract is ending soon, many companies have offered a contract for you. They hope that you would sign with them.” The manager put the files on the table in front of her.

“Oh? What companies are there?” IU sat up properly and began browsing through.

“There’s JYP, CUBE, YG…” the manager was flipping through the files to look at the company names.

IU stayed quiet and opened some files to look at the conditions they have offered.

“Oh! SM too.” The manager pulled out a file with SM’s logo printed in the middle.

“Omg! SM?! Give it to me! Let me take a look!” IU snatched the file over.

She looked at the contract really seriously, reading every single word and that’s when she saw a line.

‘If you were to sign with us, we plan to release a new album for you, featuring one of our artist…’

“Daebak! What if they are referring to my EXO!” IU was squealing out of excitement.

“Don’t tell me you’re going to sign with SM just because EXO is there?” the manager gasped.

“Neh! Let’s sign with SM! Ahhhh EXO!” and that was how IU decided to sign with SM.

 

(Back to press con)

The SM representative began explaining to the reporters about IU’s latest album concept and the approximate date it would be released before one of the reporters threw in another question.

“I heard that the new album would feature a SM artist. Is that true?”

“Neh, after careful considerations, we have decided that EXO will be featuring in her latest album.”

“I really look forward to working with EXO and hopefully produce music that all of you would love!” With that, the press conference ended.

IU headed to the backstage where she was greeted by the SHINee members.

 

“Congratulations on joining our big family!” SHINee was there to welcome her to the SMTOWN family.

“Yah, you really going to collaborate with EXO?” Jonghyun asked.

“You should collaborate with us! In your previous album you had Jonghyun featuring right? So this time you should have us!” Key joked.

“That was what the company decided.” IU replied.

 

(What really happened)

“A representative from SM called and asked who you would like have to do the featuring in the new album.” The manager walked into her dorm.

“They suggested having SHINee do the job. Since you already have Jonghyun featured in your ‘Modern Times’ album, more people would anticipate if the whole of SHINee would be featuring this time.” The manager added.

“Andwae! I want EXO!” IU shot up from her sofa and shouted.

“Quick tell them I want EXO! EXO EXO EXO!!!” this wasn’t the first time her manager saw her fangirling over EXO.

“Neh, arrasso. I will tell them you want EXO.” Her manager left.

 

(Back to press con)

“Awww, I really wanted to collaborate with you!” Taemin seems sad.

“Yah, didn’t we have a performance together last time!” IU said.

“Aish, collab or not, at least we get to see each other in the company now!” Minho said excitedly.

The six of them continued chatting for awhile before it was time for IU to leave for her dorm.

 

(Next day)

“IU-ah! Wake up! We have to go to SM today!” her manager barged into her room to wake her up.

“5 more minutes…” IU pulled the blanket over her head.

“Ppali wake up! Don’t you want to meet your EXO?!” her manager snatched the blanket over from her and immediately, IU jumped off her bed.

“EXO I’m coming!” she went to wash up.

 

“Annyeong my lovely EXO!” IU greeted the posters on her wall as she walked down her dorm while drying her hair.

“Aish, which female singer would have her dorm filled with male idol group posters.” The manager said as he noticed IU heading towards the living room.

IU was used to her manager nagging the same old thing every morning so she didn’t bother to answer him.

IU slowly admired the posters stuck on her wall. She had every single of their posters and it was all arranged from the earliest to the latest.

She caressed each and every poster gently until her manager spoke.

“IU! Ppali! We have to go already! Why are you looking at those posters when you can go to SM and look at the REAL EXO!” he emphasized on the word ‘real’.

“Kaja kaja! Let’s go!” IU grabbed her bag and dashed to the door.

 

Like any other days, the manager was in charge of driving her around.

Since her dorm wasn’t that far away, they reached SM in no time.

“Why are you standing there? Let’s go!” her manager was walking in front of her when he turned back and realized IU was standing by the car.

“I’m so nervous to go in! They are my hoobaes but… It’s like a fangirl going to meet her idol!” IU remained in her spot.

“Have you ever seen any singers who are not nervous on their debut stage, comeback stage, concert but trembling when she is going to go meet her hoobaes?”

“Yah! Are you mocking me?” IU ran to her manager quickly in attempt to hit him.

Eventually, they made it into SM.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo IU-ssi.” They were greeted by a staff at the counter.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” IU greeted back.

“Please take the lift over there to second floor, second practice room on the left. Sajangnim said there would be staffs there waiting for you.” The staff guided her to the lift.

 

 

“Here it goes…” IU took a deep breath in before twisting the doorknob.

“We are one! Annyeonghaseyo, EXO imnida!” IU was greeted by twelve young, good-looking men.

IU tried her best to suppress the urge to squeal and she succeeded.

“Annyeonghaseyo, IU imnida.” IU introduced herself normally followed by her manager.

“Sunbaenim, we have been anticipating you for the whole morning!” Chen shouted out as Suho welcomed them into the practice room.

“I’ve always been a fan of EXO.” IU said.

This was quite a common line to say out of courtesy between idols but IU really meant what she said.

“Neh, we are all sunbaenim’s fans too! Especially that Kai and Sehun. They listen to your song nearly every day.” Chen exposed s.

IU slightly blushed at the thought that EXO was her fans too.

Inside the room, they were also some staffs present.

Most probably to discuss about the featuring.

 

Everyone was seated in a circle while throwing in their ideas for the album.

“Firstly, we have picked some members to be involved in the featuring. Chen, D.O, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kai, Sehun and Lay.” A staff said.

“Why I am not involved!” Tao pouted.

“Don’t worry, the company has other plans for you.” The staff replied.

 

“The album that we are planning consists of 10 songs. 4 of which will feature EXO members. We have decided that your title song will be named ‘Dream come true’ which may be used as the theme song for a upcoming charity show. In the song, we plan to have Baekhyun and D.O featuring.” Another staff was explaining when Baekhyun and D.O slightly cheered when they heard their names.

 

“Chanyeol would be featuring in the 3rd track, ‘Believe in yourself’, as the rapper. Chen will be featured in a duet with IU as the 7th track of the album. Lastly, for the last track, it would be a dance song, ‘One more time’. Sehun, Kai and Lay would be featured in the dance of the song.” The staff finished reciting whatever that has been written on the paper that he was holding on all the time.

 

“Also, this album is part of a collaboration that we are having with a children’s charity organization. Half of the profit would be donated to the charity organization. This also means that all of you may be earning lesser for this album, is this ok?” another staff asked.

 

“Of course it’s ok! The money is used for a good cause isn’t it? We’ll all be happy about the sum of money being used wisely.” IU said as she looked at the rest nodding their heads in agreement.

 

“Since there’s no disagreement about this, we’ll start the recording next week. Take some time to memorise the lyrics well and IU would have to attend dance practice with the 3 EXO members for the last song. I will give the details to your managers. See you guys during recording!” the staffs took their leave, leaving the idols and their managers in the practice room.

 

“Hyung! I’m so jealous that you get to sing with IU sunbaenim!” Immediately after the staffs left, Tao was rolling on the floor next to Chen, complaining.

“Wae? I’m so nervous about the duet. We all know IU sunbaenim has a great voice and what I don’t perform well beside her. Argh it’s so stressful!” Chen messed up his hair.

“Chen-ssi, you sound really good too! I’ve listened to all of EXO’s songs! In fact, all of you sound great!” IU said.

“Jjinja? Sunbaenim has listened to all our songs?!” Kai was shocked.

“Neh.” IU started singing some of their songs which weren’t the title song and EXO was amazed by that.

“Daebak. Sunbaenim really listened to our songs!” Sehun clapped in excitement.

“Can you guys drop that ‘sunbaenim’. I’m around the same age as you guys and the ‘sunbaenim’ is making me sound old!” IU said.

“Sunbaen- I mean, IU-ssi, how old are you?” Suho asked.

“I’m born in 1993.” IU answered.

“Oh, then you’re the same as me and Tao!” D.O exclaimed.

“Friends!” Tao quickly went beside IU and sat down.

‘Aigoo, how cute is he.’ IU chuckled.

 

“IU-ssi, do you want to know something about Sehun?” Baekhyun asked.

“Bwoh?”

“Sehun has this really huge poster of you stuck on the ceiling in his room. All the other walls were also filled with smaller posters and photos of you. He talks to the posters every night and his shelves are filled with only your albums.” Baekhyun exposed him.

“Yah! What about your SNSD posters! You have it all over the room while I only have one stuck on my wall!” Sehun tries to fight back.

“Come on, everyone know that I’m a sone but no one knows about your IU addiction. Please thank me for revealing it.” Baekhyun smirked.

“Yah!” Sehun attempts to hit Baekhyun, who was sitting at the other side of the room, while his face turned pink from blushing.

“Hahahahaha! It’s okay, I’m EXO’s fan too!” IU said but she didn’t elaborate on how crazy a fan she is.

 

 

 


Thanks for the subcriptions and comments, hope this first chapter didn't disappoint you guys!