Delivery of Eight Record

Anatomy of Planning 10

tumblr_n1lja3m5SZ1sms3yco1_500.gif

////Eight Record///

This particular lesson was centered around self-concept and how such is one of the many factors that contributes to how successful we will be in the future, spiritually and economically.

self-con·cept :noun

an idea of the self constructed from the beliefs one holds about oneself and the responses of others.

paragraph-divider.gif

T h e  G i s 

Self-concept is how one views one's self and the opinions they have of themselves. A newborn baby, of course, has no initial self-concept due to the fact that they haven't gone through certain experiences that shape their self-concept. As a child grows up, his or her self-concept further develops due to his or her life experiences and social interactions. If an individual holds a positive attitude, it is very likely that they have developing or are developing a good self-concept. Thinking well of one's self boosts their self-esteem, which will then turn into favorable results as you will be able fulfill expectations of success. A poorly-developed self-concept or self-esteem will result in not-so-successful results due to lowered expectations of themselves. An example of this is when something bad happens, they blame themselves though they're not even at fault. When something good occurs, they only think it's based on luck or chance. When an individual has a thorough belief that they won't be successful, their attitude has a direct impact on their success on a negative aspect. This is called self-fulfilling prophecy. How you believe others views you as also affect your self-concept. 

Well, now that one has recognized that they need to improve their self-concept, what do they do? They can have self-talk by replacing negative thoughts with positive ones. Visualization is also a lending hand. Picture yourself being successful more often. Complimenting others is also a way because by finding the good in others, you will learn how to find the good in yourself. Taking action: being active and involved in activities will bring sastisfying results. Having friends whom you can socialize with will be a source of support as well. By mainting your figure through physical activity, a healthy body will result in a healthy mind. Keeping a journal works for some, but not all, and by expressing your feelings, you'll be able to release negativity within yourselves. Take control: "Be the change you want to see". 

end .

tumblr_n1lja3m5SZ1sms3yco2_500.gif