Delivery of Twenty-Third Record

Anatomy of Planning 10

tumblr_n6lwieRKQq1r5syyvo1_500.gif

///////Twenty-Second Record//// 

This lesson revolved around the effects and risks of smoking. 

smoke :verb /smōk/

emit smoke or visible vapor.

paragraph-divider.gif

T h e  G i s 

Smoking causes lung cancer and many other deadly illnesses. A cigarette is made out of 4 000 chemical substance, at which 400 of them are toxic substances. Tar (carcinogen) is a substance that comprises a cigar and is known to cause cancer. Nicotine is an addictive substance in a cigarette that increases cholesterol levels in the body and is highly addictive. Carbon monoxide is another substance in a cigarette that reduces the amount of oxygen in the body and can cause chronic obstructive disorder (COPD). The damage a smoker can inflict in his or her body depends on how many cigarretes he or she has smoked, whether or not the cigarette has a filter and how the tobacco has been prepared. Smoking is also a known cause that affect life expectancy and decreases the number of years in a person's life by seven to eight years. Each cigarette approximately decreases a person's life by 11 minutes. A major disease that smoking cause is cardiovascular disease, which is the harderning of the arteries, at which blood clots are likely to form. Cholesterol and other fat deposits may get stuck at these clogged arteries. Blood clots in the brain and the heart may also likely occur. A blood clot in the heart is known as coronary thrombosis, while a blood clot in the brain is known as cerebral thrombosis. Smoking may also cause high blood pressure and kidney failure and may result in amputation of the leg. The different types of cancers that smoking causes include bladder cancer, cancer of the oesophogus, cancer of the kidney, pancreas, and cervical cancer. COPD stands for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which is a term that is used to refer to a group of conditions that blocks air flow. 

end .

tumblr_n6luwaPBpp1r5syyvo1_500.gif