Delivery of Twenty-First Record

Anatomy of Planning 10

jack-daniels_gordynor_ncsa.jpg

///////Twenty-First Record//// 

For this particular lesson, we were taught about alcohol's undeniable, negative effects. 

al·co·hol :noun /ˈalkəˌhôl,-ˌhäl/

whiskey, gin, vodka, or any other intoxicating liquor containing this liquid.

paragraph-divider.gif

T h e  G i s 

 For this lesson, Mr. Maher has taught us about the progressive effects of alcohol in our bodies, which was done so through numerous worksheets. With every increase of the blood alcohol concentration that we intake in our bodies, several impaired effects are placed upon our bodies, which vary from alertness impairments to a slowed heart rate. There will be several feelings an individual may feel through consuming alcohol, which include reduced sensations, depression, emotional arousal and eventually death. Through a worksheet, we traced alcohol's path through the body. The progression of alcohol will be detailed in the following: 

1. Alcohol enters our system through the mouth. 

2. Alcohol travels down our throat towards the stomach.

3. Our blood absorbs the alcohol in our stomach and small intestine.

4. Through our blood's ciruclation, the alcohol is then carried onto the water-containing organs of our bodies.

5. Alcohol then triggers and affects numerous brain functions.

6. The liver, which is responsible for metabolizing anything that we consume, metabolizes the alcohol in our bodies.

7. The kidneys then process the alcohol, which is then excreted from our bodies. 

Through another worksheet, we also learned how to accurately calculate the total amount of alcohol a drink has. We learned that beer has the smallest, total amount of alcohol and can only par with drinks that have a higher amount, such as Hard Liquor, by increasing the volume of serving. Based on our calculations, we have learned it is safer for an individul to drink beer than to drink whiskey, which is supported by our calculations. 

Through numerous sheets of notes, we were informed about impaired driving, especially about the consequences that drinking and driving inflicts upon drunken drivers. We learned that it doesn't take much drinks to impair one's drinking, rather, it only takes about .05 ounce of alcohol (1 drink) to have the police issue an immediate roadside prohibition. British Columbia is often known for its strict drinking-driving laws on impaired drivers. The penalties detailed under B.C.'s Motor Vehicle Act were made official on September 20, 2010, which met with fairly successful results, as it has decresed alcohol-related vehicle death by 40%. The BAC (Blood Alcohol Conentent) of an impaired driver is calculated by breathing onto a breathalyser. If the BAC of an impaired driver is above .05 ounces, their vehicle is immediately taken off the road and impounded for 3-30 days. The cost of offences range from $600 to $4, 600, even if it may be the impaired driver's first offence. There can also be possible criminal charges that can be put into place if the impaired driver failed or refused to take a breathalyser test. If an impaired driver is convicted, he/she would be prohibited, by law, to drive any sort of vehicle for at least a year, and is required to pay for more car insurance once that time frame is up. If an impaired driver fails to coincide with the law and drove a vehicle even under prohibition/suspension, the car would be impounded for a minumum of 60 days, charged an $500 fine, subjected to jail and they may receive more driving prohibitions. A few, key pointers to keep in mind: gabling with your car insurance should be avoided at all costs. If you are under the influence of alcohol and or any sort of drug, chances are, ICBC may not cover you under the Basic Autoplan. You will breach of insurance policy if you crash while drinking and driving. Last but not least, you may also be responsible for 100% of the damage that you have caused on someone else's property. One of the most jaw-dropping elements of this particular lesson is the ignition interlock device that is installed onto a vehicle of an individual who has had a history of drinking and driving. The device functions in a way that will not enable the driver to start the vehicle if they have been drinking. A breath sample of .05-.08 falls into the warn range, while the fail range falls into more that .08 ounces of alcohol. Also, if the individual refuses to provide a breath sample. he/she will fall into the fail range. Drivers who have been convicted of .05-.08 BAC will be prohibited from the driving any vehicle for either, 3, 7 or 30 days, depending on whether or not it is their first offence. If the BAC is above .08, the individual is unable to drive for 90 and may face criminal charges. The estimated total cost of the fines one has to pay is elaborated in the following: if it is their first drinking offence, the total costs of fines for that year is $660. If it is their second, $760 and if it their thirdL $3, 960. This movement has received a successful response, which convinced many drivers of British Columbia to take extra pre-cautions and avoiding drinking and driving at all costs, at which this law has achieved.

 end .

tumblr_n5qjh9NAb81qgsgd9o1_500.gif