Delivery of Eighteenth Record

Anatomy of Planning 10

tumblr_n5c9oanbAC1tsmzmso1_500.gif

///////Eighteenth Record//// 

 For this particular lesson, we indulged into the topic of Body Image, at which we explored its many causes as well as the risks that a poorly-developed body image imposes.

bod·y im·age :noun

the subjective picture or mental image of one's own body 

paragraph-divider.gif

T h e  G i s 

Body image is a body concept that affects a person's outlook on themselves and their behavior towards the image that they have imprinted upon their minds. A poor body image often leads to disordered eating, which include Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa and Binge Eating Disorder. Anorexia Nervosa is an eating disorder at which a person becomes so obsessed with their weight that they reduce their food intake to starvation levels. Bulimia Nervosa is an eating disorder at which a person eat a lot of food during meals and induces to vomitting or takes laxatives to not give the food in their bodies a chance to digest. There also has been studies that has been conducted that show that girl from the ages of 9-14 are often more prone to losing their self-confidence, which often is a factor that leads to disordered eating. Assertiveness training can help with being exposed to a variety of emotions, therefore diminishing the need to place negativity upon your body. The media places pressure upon the public, especially adolescent girls, to achieve a certain body that is computer-generated and not an actual body type. Adolescent girls also receive pressure from the people whom they are surrounded with most often, such as their parents, siblings, coaches and teachers. We also received sheets that described certain actresses' diets, which is labelled as "starvation intake", for the amount of calories these celebrities are consuming are minimalistic in comparison to the actual amount of food an average woman should take. 

end .

tumblr_n5bjy68y0v1txa9mno1_500.gif