Ch. 24- Get Ready

The Old Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

July 7, 2014 updated (haha the date is 7+7=14 hahahaha...no? okay...)

Recap: Luhan got the job at the bubble tea shop and Tao got the job at the fancy restaurant at the mall

-There was a drunk man across the street at the club and Dru stopped him

-Dru asked the bouncer Buff if there was a spot opened for another bouncer- Buff only frowned at her request

-Uncle Sav (also an Ever) came out the bar and tackled them in a hug and invited them over to his house for old times sakes

Third Person POV 

Dru, Luhan, Tao, walk into Uncle Sav's house and they take a seat on the couch they have sat in many times before.

Ahhh the sweet feeling of nostalgia invades their brains. "Sav! Welcome back! You're an hour late, did something happen?"

All three of them grin as Auntie Mei's joyful voice was heard. When her head popped out of the kitchen, Dru was the first one to stand and run to her for a hug. "Auntie Mei! It's been two years and your looks never change! You're almost fifty and you don't look a day over twenty-one! And I mean it." she tells her.

"Ohhh dear! Dru? You! You've grown taller, and your face, absolutely flawless. How old are you now? Eighteen, right? That's the age our acne stops. You look beautiful!" she says, surprised.

Tao pulls Dru away from Auntie Mei and tackles her for a hug "I've missed you much, Auntie! I miss your cooking, your hugs, your house - everything!"

"Now, now," Luhan starts "Don't crush her, Tao," he says as he pulls Tao away and gently hugs her.

"You all are so grown up! It's only been two years since we've last seen each other," Auntie Mei exclaims.

Uncle Sav walks up to Auntie and kisses her cheek. "That's exactly what I thought. Oh, and there was some drunk guy trying to get into the bar before. Zin got cut bad so Kan brought him to the hospital because he obviously can't heal fast like us since he's only a Mortal Ever. I saw all this in the video room. So here comes Dru, she takes the drunk guy's hand and stops it from moving and he dropped the bottle, then he ran away! Hah! Then, she was taking to Buff about any job openings. I literally ran out the moment I saw Dru's face appear on the screen. I can recognize her anywhere!"

Auntie Mei stops him, "Wait, she was talking to Buff about what?"

"Dru asked if there was a spot opened to be a bouncer, Buff was like 'Blah blah, no you are a little girl blah blah' but before Dru walked away, I came out! So I saved the day" Uncle Sav answers.

Auntie Mei shook her head "More like you saved Buff's "

Dru, standing next to Auntie Mei, agreed "Yup, I was so close to giving him a punch in the face to prove that I have the ability to be a bouncer"

Uncle Sav grins "Dang, I should have came out one minute later."

"Nuh-uh" Luhan said as he pulls Dru back "You could have broke his face, too, but Tao and I wouldn't have let you"

Tao looks up from the table as he was stuffing his face with cookies "Nope! I would have cheered for Dru"

Luhan rolls his eyes as Auntie Mei stuck more cookies into Tao's face "Auntie Mei! Tao's gunna get fat"

"It's alright, it's alright, are you three going to sleep over tonight?" she asks. "Yes, you are" she says, answering her own question.

Uncle Sav gives them the 'Told ya she was going to force you to stay' look as  he tells them "Okay, you boys can sleep on the living room couch and Dru can sleep on the sofa bed in our room. The guest room is a storage as of right now." 

This house has only two rooms. The main room where Uncle Sav and Auntie Mei sleeps, and the huge guest room. Uncle Sav and Auntie Mei never bothered to have a child of their own because there is a chance that the child will not be an Ever. Both of them are Evers so the chance of having an Ever child is 90%. The other 10% is the chance that the child will be a human. There is no in between- like Mortal Evers.

Mortal Evers are only created by pure Ever blood and pure human blood. The 10% chance of having a human child is still very risky as Evers because they carry the human genes in them. How pure Evers like the entire Exo, the girls, Matt, Uncle Sav, and Auntie Mei is created is unknown. But there is a theory that trauma as a young child alters the human genes to make them immortal. For example, Dru and Matt were beaten and bullied severely when they were young, this trauma caused their genes to alter. Some of the Evers had such a high fever as a young child, their genes altered. If a Mortal Ever suffers through some sort of trauma when they were young, it is possible for them to become a pure Ever, also. Of course, that is just a theory. It was stated as a fact that there can only be a limit of fifty Evers in the world and no one knows why.

"My soup!" Auntie Mei screams as she ran to the kitchen, bringing out a big pot a minute later "Everyone drink up, here, put some noodle in."

They gladly accepts a bowl "There's nothing better than Auntie Mei's noodles for a midnight snack!" Tao exclaims.

 

When they finished eating, it was already past midnight so all of them showers and changed into some old pajamas they left here two years ago. Then, they sat in the living room as Tao complained about going to high school and watched a movie because its been a while since they've watch a movie together.

Luhan and Tao fell asleep on the couch halfway through the movie and Dru was asleep on the rocking chair.

As gentle as he can, Uncle Sav lifts Dru and brought her to the sofa bed in his room and quietly walked to his own bed. Auntie Mei closes the TV and came in a few seconds later. As she walks to their bed where Uncle Sav was tucking himself in, she trips and knocked down her jewelry box. The box fell loud enough to wake Dru, who was a heavy sleeper.

She sat up and looks around at the unfamiliar setting. Oh right, she was at Uncle Sav's and Auntie Mei's house. "Auntie?" she murmurs.

"Sorry" Auntie Mei said as she quickly scooped the jewelry back into the box as Uncle Sav face palmed.

Dru sat up higher "No no...It's alright, I had to talk to you guys about something anyway..."

Auntie Mei sits on the bed "Sure, tell us, we'll always listen"

Dru nods and starts to tell them about what she had in mind...

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter