Ch. 17- Meeting

The Old Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 1, 2014 update (HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY TO TAO (May 2 is his bday))

Recap: You and Luhan are going to meet with your parents but you have different identities. They don't know that you are actually Dru.

Purple is when they speak in Chinese

Italic is when it is a thought 

It was 9 AM on the dot when you both arrive at the front door of the house.

Barely anything has changed in these eight years except a few extra flowers in the front yard and a new Toyota van.

You ring the doorbell and step back, waiting.

A lady opens the door.

It was her.

Your mother.

Looking almost exactly as she was eight years ago.

Luhan steps up to the woman "Hi, I'm here for the report of your missing daughter? I'm Luhan Ahn of Minho INC." he tells her, handing her his business card.

You pull out your card "I'm Lune Lee"

She barely manages to smile due to the plastic surgeries on her face, accepting the card "Ah, no speak Chinese?" she asks.

You tilt your head as if you didn't have a clue what she meant. You knew that she only speaks Chinese and didn't really understand English but since you and Luhan were supposed to be Korean, you had to act as if you didn't "Oh no, we are Korean" 

She blinks and turns her head "Jack come here! They can speak English with you!"

A man and a boy comes down the stairs. Your father and your brother - age 24 and works as an accountant. Pretty successful considering he was only six years older than you.

He gives you and Luhan a firm handshake "Come on in. My parents don't speak English so I have to be the one to translate"

You both nod in understanding and step in.

Jack lead you up the stairs of the house that you already know so well.

You look around the living room. Everything was the same.

"Tell them to take a seat" Your mother tells Jack.

You both take a seat when Jack motioned at the couch.

Memories flooded back. Sitting and eating here, jumping on it when no one was around, dusting it off, sleeping on it.

"Ahhh so, you need some information about my sister?" Jack asks.

You sit straight up "Yes, we just need to know when was the last time you saw -what is it? Dru? and if you know how she disappeared or went missing."

In Chinese, Jack ask the elders "They want to know how she disappeared"

"Tell them that she got lost while shopping in Chinatown with me" your mother answers.

Luhan understood completely what she said but only nodded when Jack translated it to English. You scrunch your face up while looking down at the papers. What a lie. I ran away from home. I didn't get lost anywhere you thought in your mind.

"Dru has bad memory and she never really knew her way home even if I walked her straight down the block" he continues.

You press your pen hard into the paper I knew the exact way home even if you dropped me off in a mountain. Why are they even lying about this?

Luhan clears his throat "May we have a few photos of her- if you have? We can scan her picture and run a test to see how she should look today."

"Ma, they want some photos of Dru, we don't really have pictures though, right?" he asks.

She shakes her head "We have of few of back when she was around eight years old when she wasn't such a brat" she goes to retrieve the photos and comes back in a few seconds with photos of you when you were young. Jack hands it to you, telling you  "This was when Dru was eight or nine years old"

You took it in your hand "Can you tell me which one she looked exactly like when she went missing?" you ask Jack.

Jack points at a photo "This"

You stare at it I did not look like this at all. This is my seven year old photo of me. Which is completely different than how I looked at age ten. Did they forget me that much that they can't even figure out how I looked? you pick up one where you were nine years old

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter