Me?

2nd Place

Jayde's family was invited to the Deluxe party. A party for the wealthy families, the top entrepreneur's, goverment officials and entertainment director's. The wealthiest out of the wealthiest. 

Jayde hated the party's,  it's like a shopping for fresh meat. Good quality or not? Why can't they just enjoy the drinks and food instead of critizicing everyone.

"Miss Jayde?" 

"Yes?" Jayde turned around to face a woman shorter than her.

"Good evening, I'm daughter of YGE, Hera and this is Top, an artist." Jayde had no idea who they were but did know the company. 

"Ah, yes, hello. How's your father?" Jayde played along with a poker face.

"He is fine...." She got cut off when a person near her whispered in her ear. "...excuse me for a moment, TOP why don't you socialize." She walked away and left both adults in an awakward situation. 

"Move."

Jayde said it in such stern voice TOP felt intimidaited but he moved while some man approached her. 

 

"Jayde, it's been so long." He hugged her with such comfort.

"Yes it has, let talk about your trip later and now smile." Both adults smiled as some photographer took pictures of them as if they were caught off gaurd. It surprised TOP that simple action made Jayde face expression turn 180 degrees.

"And this is?" The young man turned to look at TOP who stood like a statue next to them.

"An artist. Get along Kris, they are looking for you." Her eyes directed his gaze towards a women comming their way. He semi-bowed to Top and left. 

Jayde was about to walk away when TOP cleared his throat and was about to reach for her but when Jayde turned around and saw his hand she stared him down.  

"I would like to talk." He said with much dificulty.

"I was starting to believe you were mute. Talk then." She played with the glass wine in her had as TOP tried to find words to start up a conversation but nothing came to his mind. He felt hat if he said the wrong thing she might get bored and he didn't want that for some reason this women trigered something inside of him.

"I'm not an artist, I'm a rapper." He felt the need to claify that even though in his head it sounded much better.

Jayde scoffed. "Too shy to be a rapper, don't you think?" She eyed him with a smile and he felt that made it break the ice. 

"Anyways what are you doing here? Son of who? What's your network?" She questioned him and he felt nervous and didn't know what to respond because he was just simply a ....rapper.

"Invited by Hera.."

"Your fiance.."

"No, a close friend and I'm just a producer and rapper at YGE."

"I see, well good knowing you." And just like that she left TOP and walked into the crowd. Nothing more nothing less, she just simply made her way.

 

"TOP! Oh there you are." 

"Yeah.." His body was turned towards Hera but his head was still in direction of Jayde even though her figure had already dissapeared in the midst of the crowd.

"What'd you talk about with Jayde?"

"Nothing"

"Poor women."  

TOP turned to look at Hera. "What do you mean"

"Well her dad owns a huge underground I.T company here in Beijing well the biggest in China AND GZE, an italien luxuary brand. So you must imagine their wealth and her mother and sister are beauties! Won't even image how beautiful they are, they are like goddess but she..." Hera grabbed Top's collar and began to fix it. "...she turned out to be the ugly duckling. Quite fair don't you think. If there were three beauties then were would the fun be."  She said it with no emotion, just pitty but it felt awful. TOP doesn't know whether she was right in her comment or the fact that he agreed. He did notice how different she looked from the women in the party; doean't even appear to be an incredibly wealthy women more like a mistress of someone.  

 

 

The night went on and everyone enjoyed their time of expoloring the mansion. 

"Attention everyone, I would like to thank everyone for comming and may be grow more as a country in riches and love."  Everyone headed outside to sit at the dinner tables. 

 

Without noticing he found himslef looking for Jayde in the bright red givenchy dress. As his eyes scanned the room he finally found her, he stared at her waiting for her to look his way and when she did she raised an eyebrow looking displeased and TOP quickly looked away. When he had the courage to look back she had already dissapeared. 

The party bored TOP. He never liked such parties and everyone seemed to make him feel out of place since he does not come from a wealthy family.  

 When he was heading upstairs looking for the restroom he found Jayde talking on the phone. He took light steps approaching to the top and he observed her. The way her slim body barely had any curves and her face looked fake in a truly biazzare way. She was defitnely not average looking but it was captivating to look at.

"Yes, indeed." He was now close enough for him to hear her and when she walked back and forth; her back facing him, he felt the need to just slightly brush his hands on her back.

Step by step he felt more curiousity to know who she was talking to on the phone. When she finally faced the front looking out the top of the stairs and found the guy beneath her,she walked more in the hall. TOP was surprised at her reaction which was no reaction at all,  she looked through him as if he was invisible and made no expression what so ever dispite the eye contact. Where did that mad look, and killer eyes go?

When he finally reached the top, TOP was determined to know this odd lady so he followed her.

"Alright, tomorrow at seven." She hanged up and sighed. "You have to stop staring, your fiance might get jealous." She still had her back faced to him.

"I- I was just looking for a restroom and she is no-"

"Restroom is downstairs, next to the diner. Now if you would excuse me." Turning around to interupt his sentence and walk past him as she slightly bumped his shoulder and made something inside of TOP snap.

"No." He sternly said.

"No? No what?" She raised her voice and shot him a glared.

"No she is not my fiance and..."

"Okay,'girlfriend'." She half turned before he grabbed her by her arm. "What?" She asked irritated.

"Would you please let me finish my sentence's..."

"And would you please keep your hands off." He let go as she crossed her arms.

"She is a close friend..." he looked straight into her eyes.

"And I care why?"

"I would like to invite you for lunch."

"Make an appointment."

He let out a chuckle. "Not for business."

"Then for what?" She straightened herself. 

"Lunch."

"I don't do lunch if not for business."

"Then as a date?"

She paused. "Date? My time is very precious, Mr..."

"Top." 

"Mr. Top."

"When is your day off?"

"I don't have days off."

"Please, I'm trying if..."

"If a date is what you are looking for then let me tell my sister if she is..." Jayde her phone.

"I don't want your sister."

"But she is very beautiful..."

"Jayde..."

"She has curves, nice..."

"Jayde I..."

"Oh look she is off. Let me call her?"

He yanked her phone from her hand not caring if she got mad.

"Listen." He stared at her. "I want lunch with YOU, I'm interested in YOU."

"If i said no will you give me my phone?"

He shook his head. 

"But my sister is much more interesting."

"Stop with your sister. With all do respect I don't care about her."

She looked at him and her phone and back at his serious face.

"Okay, 11:30 am at the Hilton. I'll call you." She extended her hand. He gave her back her phone and began walking away. 

Top felt in control for the first time in his life and proud for being bold. Until he remembered how was she going to contact him, and that feeling overcame with stupidity.

"Wait! You don't have my number!' 

"I'll look for you." She called out without facing him and walked down the staircase. He knew there was  a 50% she wouldn't and he felt stupid for falling in his own trap.