The Aftermath

2nd Place

The next day at work it was quite a chatterbox about the terrifying incident the news were reporting. Jayde just walked past the employes like nothing, past her lobby without breaking a smile and her assistants greeting her. Once inside her office she knew he would come in no time yapping about last night.  As she predicted with out a knock, Nich came in through the door like a furious boyfriend.

   "You thnk you can keep on doing this?" Nich threw a stack of newspapers in Jayde's desk. Jayde picked it up and smirked. "What makes you so sure that I HAD something to do with it?" She looked up at him, straight in the eye and he knew she was playing with him, trying to convince him but he knows, he knows her all too well.  "YOU HAVE GOT TO STOP DOING THIS." Nich stood over the desk hovering over her, "PLEASE, for your own good, Jayde listen." Jayde laughed. "You're cute when your angry." She reached over to pinch his cheeks but he grabbed her hand. Both their faces were stern and tension aroused. "Stop acting dumb. I know it was you in LA and this also." Nich's voice was in a whipser. "Prove it then, prove it  was me." He looked at her in disbelief of her words. "See you can't." Before Nich could even respond someone came in through the door. "Sorry was I disturbing something..." TOP spoke. "Why does no one around here knock." Jayde parted ways from Nich. Nich turned to TOP. "You sure stick around a lot." Nich walked past him slightly bumping into TOP's shoulder. "What's his problem?" he asked Jayde. "What is it?" She answered back. "Let's have dinner tonight." Jayde looked at him with a confused face. "Dinner? Are you sick?" TOP followed Jayde get up from her desk across the office room to the dark red chocolate drawers. "I'm being serious." Jayde hated him for going around like a puppy. " Get a hold of yourself would you." She closed the drawers and faced him, TOP closed her in between him teasing her. "I have plans tonight, I don't have time to play around." She pushed him off walking out the door with her briefcase and newspapers. 

She doesn't know how she got to the warehouse but she just drove out of the city folowing her instincts. Lighting a peice of paper she let it drop into a big can full of her secrets. She watched it burn, it calmed her itchy hands wanting to do something dreadful. Her phone dinged and put it away after reading the message. 

 

Seated down in a secluded room from the restaurant, Kris waited for Jayde. His mind was full of different scenarios of how this night could end. "What are you smiling to yourself about?" Jayde walked in through the double doors. Kris was in great awe. "What did the mouse catch your tongue?" She laughed to herself, proud of her accomplishment. "No, it was you." Kris played it back playfully. Kris looked down at his menu feeling an imense feel of joy, Jayde on the other hand tried to enjoy this feeling of happiness in the air but something stopped her from compeletly falling deep in the moment. The symptoms were mutual but of course nothing in Jayde's life goes right. 

"WOW, WOW. Don't start without us." Hazel barged in through the doors and both of  Kris and Jayde's face had dissapointment written all over them. Jayde looked at Kris and he smiled feeling sorry. Jayde's eyes widened once she saw who was trailing behind her sister. 

"How'd you know I'd be here?" Kris asked Hazel. "Well first of thanks for inviting me, and second of all your assistant told me. Hope you don't mind, I just wanted dinner with you both." Kris nooded in understanding and then turned to look at her partner. "And I don't mean to be rude but what are you doing here?" He asked TOP. "Oh, I pulled him along. He was eating instant ramen in a nearby shop." TOP smiled and Jayde starred him down. "Well you're here now, and instant ramen can get lonely sometimes.  So enjoy this dinner with us, right Jayde." Jayde forced a smile at Kris and gulped down her anger. The rest of the dinner was pretty much Hazel asking Kris so many questions and him asking TOP questions. Jayde on the other hand was pretty quiet through out the night. 

 

 

 

The next couple months at work went smooth, nothing that made Jayde worry over her sister. She was in fact doing an exceptional job, but even so Jayde kept her eyes on her. Concerned that she might be going through a heartbreak from going seperate ways with her long time lover. 

"Your sister sure is worthy of her talent." Nich commented as they both headed to a meeting room. "What can I say it runs in the family." As Jayde finished her comment she saw TOP and he saw her but avoiding eye contact she passed by him, completely ignoring him. TOP understood that action all too well; shes been so busy that the thought of being from different circles crossed his mind and he found it astonishing how true it was as Jayde once mentioned it. Walking different paths he was just one more man in her bed, an employee and another man that's using her in Jayde's point of view.  Not haven't met at all truly affected his feelings, it gave him time to think about her. Her interesting problems, her character, her family...her...just her. What more could he think of when he just wanted to think of her, not sure of what he knows or what he doesn't. All for sure is that shes strangely confusing, some of what he knows doesn't collide to what she shows. It's bugging his mind, it's like shes living two different lives. From her family bussiness to her own dirty work outside of the company. Theres more than to what is actually happening... and he's going to find about it.