The Bad One

2nd Place

Jayde was walking down the open hall with leaders of the different branch in China, the staff bowed to them as they passed by. They didn't return the gesture being too engrossed in their conversation. They stopped before going down the escalators to the main entrance, Jayde bid farewell and turned to her assistant who handed her work in a transparent folder. Walking slowly as she conversed with her assistant checking the paperwork a man in his mid forties called her name out loud making the staff near by stop and stare.

She turned around surprised by the sudden raise of voice. Her assistant apporached him but he ignored him and walked further towards Jayde with anger in his eyes. Her assistant stood in front of him before he could even reach her and kept on asking him if he had an appointment. She looked at him and turned to her assistant giving him a nod indicating to step aside.

"You're Miss. Lee, Jayde Lee right?" He said in a stern voice.

"Yes and who do I have the pleasure with?"

"You don't know me but I do, you fired my wife!" He yelled once again gaing the attention of more people.

"Sir, sorry for this but it's not up to me."

"No, it's your business to care about your empolyees who worked for you for over 20 years."

"Sir, If you would please lower your voice and come into my office."

"No, what I'll say everyone has to hear." He straightened his clothes and put his hands into a fist. "You fired my wife and now she has dropped to being an alcholic and blames you. She is making my child worry and my dear wife, Mei, has never done anything wrong until she came back from work one day and started to destroy everything in the house, wanting to kill herself. YOU'RE TO BLAME!"

Jayde's assistant requested for back and they were already up the escalators.

"Oh, so you're wife is Mei Park?" Jayde scoffed not being surprised.

"Well since you didn't want to talk in my office I'll tell you why my company fired her." The man put his guard back down. "She wasn't doing her job, ask her why she was out late in "business meetings" when we don't work that way, ask her why she attended parties when she was only a sales associate and ask her where she got all the luxuary accesories and trips when she didn't win as much as you think she did." Jayde got a step closer to the man's face. "Not only was she stealing from MY company but she was commiting adultery. NOW my advice from me to you, why stay with a women like that, you can do better."

Jayde smirked and nodded for the security gaurds to grab him. Upon realizing he was grabbed he spit on the floor and began to say profanity, he cursed Jayde. "YOU'RE A ! YOU'RE A REAL ! IT'S YOUR COMPANY'S FAULT! HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY WIFE AND TELL ME WHAT TO DO! YOU UNGRATEFUL CHILD!" Workers around stared at the man and gasped at his words. "YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS! YOU'RE A ! HAVEN'T YOU HEARD THE STUFF THESE WORKERS SAY BEHIND YOU'RE BACK! YOU THINK YOU'RE SO MIGHTY BUT YOU'RE JUST USELESS CRAP." Still being dragged down the escalators he kept on adding his malicious comments and loud enough to hear half of them until they began to fade away.

Jayde was foucused on the man she hadn't notice the group of the training right hand men were close to the escalators and then  she looked around to see everyone had stopped and they were all staring, having too much pride she still held her head up high and walked towards her office, ignoring the whispers as she passed by her empolyees. Her assistant told everyone to get back to work.

 

Upon entering in her luxuary office she sat down and punched the desk. She knew she shouldn't have acted thay way but she had no other choice. Her assistant knocked and came in. "Jayde, are you okay?" He brought a warm cup of green tea to her desk.

"How many times have I told you not to call me by my first name when were working, Nichkhun!" She stood up and began walking around the grand office.

"Okay, okay I get."

"Just because you're my best friend does not mean I should give you the privilage of calling me by my first name in business hours." Jayde sat down irritated in the leather couch which stood in the middle room.

"Geez, don't take it out on me" He sat down next to her.

"Sorry, it's just that-"

"No, it's okay, you did the right thing." He hugged her. "I'm here, it's okay." He patted her back to calm down her nerves.

 

"Miss, Lee are you ok-" when they heard a voice Jayde and Nichkhun quickly seperated.

"Who said you can come in?" Jayde snapped at  the man standing infront of the door.

"Who are you?" Nichkhun asked the guy.

"He's that guy from the training group for father."

"Sir, you have to knock and do you have an appointment?"

"I'm TOP, I knocked but no one answered and no I don't h-"

"Well then you should have assumed nobody was in here and go your way." Nichkhun walked towards him and waited for him to turn his heels and leave. TOP kept his gaze on Jayde as she walked to her desk, she didn't even care to make eye contact with him. Not that she has a reason but TOP did. He looked at Nichkhun patiently waiting for him to leave, he glanced onced more at Jayde but she had already her attention on the phone.

 

"What's up with that guy?" Nichkhun headed towards Jayde's desk.

"Don't know, don't care."

"Oh, I mean to tell you Chansung is coming back from his business trip."

"I heard, I miss that guy! Make that day and the next clear from my schedule also yours. We need to catch up on our baby!"

"Yeah, I miss that fella. Stop calling him a baby he hates that."

"He secretly loves it! Plus he is, he is the youngest out of all of us." Jayde's good mood returned just thinking of seeing  her other best friend which she longed to see again, it was lonely not being the three togther.