Second Base

2nd Place

The three friends hanged for the two days but needed to get back to work the next day.

"Okay, here are the previous contracts, here are the current ones and these over here..." Jayde walked to the other side of Chansung's office. "...here are the-"

"The requirements that these contracts need to have for both sides of the party. Jayde, I know. You told me like five times already."

"I know, just making sure. I must sound like an over-worried mother huh."

Chansung grabbed Jayde by the shoulders and lowerd his head to her height so he could meet her eyes. "Don't worry I like it, If I need anything I'll call the secretary and your office is just on the other side, don't worry."

"Okay, but don't get overwhelmed, I'm here."

He nodded his head and watched as Jayde walked to her office on the opposite side of the round-wide marbel hall. Jayde specificaly asked that Chansung's office be in the same level as hers as well as Nichkhun's since they are her responsiblity and to have them around often, even just to take a glance even though they might not meet often during business hours.

He decided to trade spots instead of being the contract manger for Mr. Leei's IT underground company he came over to be GZE contract manager. He needed to work in Japan and he didn't want to be away for two years from his friends who are the only family he has.

"Miss. Lee, you are needed in conference room A." Her female secretary let her know as soon as she entered her office.

Jayde was greeted by the team of the training men for her father and the personal.

"Is there a problem, Nichkhun?" She asked not interupting the class going on.

"No, just showing you the progress." He sat with her in a far desk and showed her the upcoming projects they needed to complete and evaluate the previous given tasks.

"...and this is just the first two weeks. Also, Mr. Choi is not being present while doing the task, he is doing them from Korea."

"Who?"

"The YGE representive guy." He pointed at a folder that had a pictured with a handsome young man. "Choi Seung-Hyun, apprently he needed to go back  to solve some issues and asked that if he could continue from South Korea."

"Well, is he compeleting anything so far? and how long will he be gone?"

"As a matter of fact he is in the top five for the position and he will be gone for a month, no need to worry he is not wasting this opportunity."

"Who knew TOP had an actual name, huh."

"Wait, you been calling him by his rapper name this whole time?" He asked surprised.

"I think so..."

Nichkhun couldn't keep in his laughter and snorted out loud. "You never bothered to ask him  his last name!?"  He lowered his voice.

"Oh godness gracious, NO! I thought that was his last name, I mean it sounded strange but he never corrected me. No wonder he thought he could call me by my name."

"WOW, I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! Jayde Lee has called someone, it's not even their first name but their NICKANME, RAPPER NAME."

"Stop, it's not even a big deal."'

"OH YES IT IS! When are we, your closet friends ever going to hear you call someone by their name let alone their rapper name, not even your parents get to hear their first name come out from your mouth unless it's me or Chansung. WOW this is history, I need to tell Chansung."

Jayde got up not being able to take the embrassment, her long natural habit has been broken by some person she does not even care about. "GET TO WORK NICHKHUN OR YOU WILL BE FIRED!" She called out to him and he didn't mind it since she knows she is joking but the workers around stayed silent.

Everytime she saw her two male friends through out the day they mouthed "TOP" and she would just send them death glares.

 

 

 

Jayde was in a meeting with Chansung but she kept on spacing out. In the end he called it off since Jayde was not paying attention. She went back to her office and sat down thinking why this past few weeks she has been feeling odd, she checked her calender and she hasn't missed a schedule, she checked her prada saffino shoulder strap bag and nothing was missing then why was she feeling unusual lately. Maybe because her schedule has been up-tight  with the up-coming GZE pre-party summer launch and hasn't rested or she is over analyzing the situation.

In the end she gave up and decided to head to check on the marketing ad team. While she was about to get in the elevator she heard someone yell her name and knowing the voice she turned around but saw no one besides some female employees who had just got off the elevator. She was sure she heard him calling her, just to make sure she went to Conference room A.

Upon walking in the employees bowed and she walked straight to Nichkhun, who was talking with some personal but left right after.

Not trying to make herself look to obvious she scanned the room for that paticular some one.

"Meeting is not till monday, what brings you here?"

Taking a glimpse of the group of men in the corner she spoke. "Just a surprise visit and a quick update."

"Well everyone is on task but that guy...." Nichkhun pointed to a guy who was chatting with the female personal. "...even though he talks a lot, he seems to be taking the number one spot. Either he's a genius with this work or a risk-taker."

Jayde turned to look at him and he looked right back at her then winked. "Lee Seungri?" Nickhun nodded his head in approval. "The womanizer yet witty, keep your eyes on him Nich."

"What about that guy, Mr. Choi, how is he doing from Korea?" Pretending to look through the clipboard, yet curiously asking.

"He is doing much better than we expected of him, I think he will be back in a week."

It's not that she is waiting for him, she is just checking and maybe a little reasurance that he couldn't possibly be the one who called her name out in the elevators.

Could he be the cause of her feeling odd since he hasn't popped out of nowhere calling her name like a mad man. It's possbile that she might have got used to him coming out of nowhere, maybe just a little bit.