Figured

2nd Place

It was the start of rainy season and the days felt shorter. Worked piled up faster than the winter season. Like anyone else, Jayde was stressed out from work and overwhelmed with handling too many tasks at the same time. She headed out for lunch to a near by coffee shop, her favorite.

Watching as people passed by the coffee shop she sat in the far back, isolated from most of the customers, not that there was many during lunch hour. She liked watching the different types of umbrellas, it made her feel calm and clear her mind. Who knew hearing the water splash and raindrops fall from the tip of umbrellas was so refreshing.

Jayde sat for a good 15 mintues before someone sat in front of her. Recognizing who it was she still stayed still and slient looking out as more and more people passed by.

TOP took the hint of not wanting to conversate which made him feel if he should leave but the lady in front of him stayed slient and asked himself if maybe she didn't mind if he sat. He saw her look out the window and followed her action, she was so entertained by what ever she was focus on. He saw her eyes shift from looking at umbrellas to the puddles in the ground. It's like he wasn't even there and he felt neglected, begining to play with his cup of coffee in his hands to calm down his nerves.

Jayde tried ingnoring the ticking from his fingertips and his movements, she wanted him to stay still. She took a deep breath with her eyes closed, calming herself to not ruin her mood by the unpatient person in front of her.

"What is it?" She finally looked at him raising an eyebrow.

Before speaking he took a sip of his hot coffee. "Thought I'd say hi." He waited for her to say something and she waited for his response.

She spoke up when he didn't get the hint. "Don't people usually say hi and then leave."

"Oh, but you were looki-"

"I mean now." She interuppted his sentence. "You're strange and clueless." Whispering the last word as she brought her coffee to . She saw him smile when he called him strange.

"Yeah, I get that a lot."

"What?"

"The strange part."

"Figured."

There was  a moment of silence before TOP spoke this time. "What is it with you, do you simply abhor company or you just trying to keep a reputation of being the tough boss who controls everything."

"Is that what they say?" Her tone of voiced lowered.

"What?"

"That I'm a bad girl?"

"I didn't me-"

"You didn't mean it that way? Then am I the arrogant, vicious women, that's what they meant."

"I don't thi-"

"You might not but they do...anyways what about you Mr?"

"TOP. Is it so hard to forget my name."

"Mr.TOP, I meet about more than 20 new people everyday you don't expect me to remember each of their names. Are you always intruding into people's businness and stalking them around. " She turned the topic around.

"Yes and no. I just think it's fate that we keep on meeting." TOP blurted out.

Jayde smiled and then began to laugh, she actually laughed. Like a couple 'haha's', not sincere ones but it made TOP content.

"Fate? Is working in the same company and having a somewhat similar high-ranking circle of acquaintances mean fate to you?"

"Well, if you put it that way then yes." He responded with confidence.

"Look, I understand Mr. TOP, you're trying to be friendly just so I can put a good word for you, you aren't the first nor the last but you have to stop approaching me like if im just some normal co-worker. I'm your boss and as harsh as this sounds we don't share the same world's, class and I'm not interested in being your friend." She stood up and grabed her coffee container.

He surely didn't mean it that way, he himself didn't even know why he kept on meeting this women but he was damn sure it was not to look good for the job postion. Hell he didn't even care all he wanted to gain was knowledge and he was confused as to why he kept on following her around and thinking about her. Could there be a possiblity that he has taken a liking of being more than a friend.

This time he didn't try to stop her and watched go out the coffee shop.

 

 

 


"He said he'd be here at 11pm." Nichkhun checked his watched.

"But are you sure? Maybe that rolex is broken."

"Jayde, calm down. He is going to be here." 

Both, Jayde and Nichkhun have been waiting for about an hour and there was still no sign of him.

Before Nichkhun could even speak again he saw Jayde run to his friend who was just coming out  of the double doors of the airport.

"BABY!" Jayde jumped on her friend making him drop his two bags. She started to kiss him all over the face.

He then approached Nichkhun who was waiting beside the matte black rolls royce.

"What up Chansung!" Nichkhun gave him a manly hug.

"It's been so long." He turned to Jayde. "I barely recognized you, who knew you still had some jeans in your wardorbe, by any chance did you get..." Chansung began to touch Jayde's face with concern.

"What? What is it?" She asked worried.

"Did you get prettier?"  Jayde slapped his hands away and laughed.

All three friends got on the rolls royce and Nichkhun drove away. They catched up on each other, just like old times.

They got to their penthouse and parked in the lower parking lot.

"So, how does it feel to be back home?" Nichkhun asked the youngest in their private elevator.

"Great! Japan was so nice but China is where I belong." He yawned at the end of his sentence.

"So boss, when do I start working?"

"In a week but let's not talk about work, and here is your home, Mr. Hwang." She mocked him. Before getting off, Chansung ruffled Jayde's wavy hair and said goodnight to Nichkhun.

Nichkhun got off in the next level, and last but not least Jayde arrived at the highest floor of the building, her penthouse.