The mouse

2nd Place

Hazel was on a mission the past months since she's been working, it was boring and she didn't like one inch of it but if she was going to find out what made Jayde shut herself then she was sure going to keep digging. The only way to find out is if she stuck close to her and working at the company was the only way. So far from her directing at the designing department, she hasn't had the time to find anything out of the ordinary.

Tonight everyone in the executive floor was going home early and it was perfect timing for her search. Once everyone left she headed to the top floor and went into Jayde's office searching for anything, working her way into her drawers she  found nothing except working plans. She was surprised she didn't have a safe or a drawer locked, plotting herself in the leather wine couch she thought where else she could find something. Walking her way to the middle of the executive floor she turned to Nichkhun's office and thought for a really hard moment. Who else besides her two friends would know more about her and it clicked in her mind that they were an important key too. 

Stepping into Nichkhun's office she snooped around and found many working files and behind his desk a safe and some drawers that were locked. That seemed strange not even Jayde had any of secret hidings. She looked around for some type of tool to open them but nothing worked, she then looked at the safe and decided to try what ever numbers came to her head. Hazel didn't know his birthday but he wouldn't be dumb enough for it to be his lock, she didn't think anyone would be. She tried her fathers birthday, the companys establishments, the day he met Jayde. Sitting down on her knees she kept pondering about it, she didn't want to leave she felt like she was so close. "No it can't be, right." She spoke to herself tilting her head but she went ahead and tried it anyways. She turned the lock number to 12 then two times to the right, landing on 23 and back to the left ending on 19. *clink* Hazel was shocked for a while. "Jyde's birthday...our birthday." It amazed her how such good friends Jayde had and she envied it. Traveling all around the globe she never had the time to truly have at least one best friend and she's friendly, nice and her personality in all is easy to get along with but she was just jumping from country to country that she never had the urge to just make one special girl friend or guy friend.  Putting those feelings aside she flipped through bank account folders, ongoing business plans, contracts and landed on a unmarked yellow folder. She took it out and saw pictures of her and Kris holding hands, hugging and being happy in an amusement park...looked as if they were dating. Flipping through the pictures she wondered when did it happen, they looked young, was it around college?  She got to a document where a hand writing was printed on, it looked like hers but then it could also be Jaydes, their handwriting was awfully smiliar it would be hard to differentiate to who it belonged to. 

   "When you remember, you'll hate me. When you remember, you'll love him again. When you remember you'll pick yourself up and put yourself back together. Then you'll understand how dangerous of a person I was by the way I held myself back quietly..."

 Hazel quickly took the folder and locked the safe, she walked to the elevator confused to what she found. When the double iron doors opened Chansung came out. "Oh, what are you doing here?" Hazel looked up and stuttered. "I-I was looking for Jayde but forgot she left early and y-you?" Chansung looked at her from head to toe and noticed she her nervous state. "Came back for some papers, anyways see you around." He bowed and saw her get on the elevator. 

Back in her apartment she settled down to analyze the the picutres and re-read the letter, she dwell on the thought of seeing it somewhere else. Everything didn't ring a bell but then it sort of did based on her sixth sense. She knows she was in an accident and lost her memory from her early to mid 20's but she doesn't remember much and her famly told her everything. Now that the letter and pictures popped up she is wondering if they ever lied...

The next day at work she dazed off, she couldn't concentrate. The pictures bugged her so much, she spent the night thinking and the more she did her head began to ache, a feeling inside of her felt like those pictures where true. Afterall she did have a crush on Kris and she sure felt some attactment to him. It was all a blur and it was getting to her the more she contemplative about it. It all just wasn't mkaing sense, since when did she and Kris become a thing or were a thing. Even if there was some attatchment, why didn't he speak out. Why is the one keeping this away from her, if he dated her and cared for her. Was it so bad that he kept himself hidden for years?

 

 

Nichkhun was sweating in desperation as he told Chansung what happen. They both looked extremly worried and were trying to find out the outcome of this problem. "I don't know how it happened, I looked and it was missing." Nichkhun burried his face in his hands worried. "You should have burned all the evidence when she told you." Nichkhun on the other hand felt like this was the end of his life if it ever went public. "I'm so stupid, what if...I don't even want to think about it." He ran his hands through his hair in frustration. "I don't know if this might helpt but..." Nichkhun qickly turned to his friend. "What is it!?" Chansung thought twice before saying it but he needed another head to come to a conclusion. "...about two weeks ago when our level went home early I saw Hazel looking for Jayde, she looked odd, almost as if she was lost in her own thoughts but I didn't pay much attention." Nichkhun froze. "You don't think she..." He and Chansung locked eyes and fear, fear was written all over them. It was dead silent for a good five minutes. "No, impossible right. That can't happen or else we'd be dead." Chansung laughed the thought off. "Well...think about it even if she did she wouldn't remember. Plus she would have come to me asking about it don't you think so?" Nichkhun did have a point but even so they both hoped that their groundless comments were just assumptions.

The days were becoming to feel like weeks even months to Nichkhun, everytime he passed by Hazel he would eye her; her actions were the usual nothing out of the ordinary. On the other hand, everytime he met Jayde he would try to act normal but the thought of her knowing made him feel shameful, he knew her wall would come crumbling down and it would be his fault. He wouldn't be able to face her, the idea of it just ate him alive. 

      "You okay?" Jayde asked her friend as they took a 15 minute break from the conference meeting about Mr.Lee's project.  "Everythings fine, why you asking?" He took a sip of his coffee can to gulp down his shaky nerves. "You just seem to been avoiding me in some cases, same goes for chan or maybe it's just me. I probably need to take some time off." She laughed it off. Nichkhun on the other hand was dying inside but being the pro he is, he handled it well on the outside. The conference ended well and once they were outside chatting with everyone else, Hazel approached Nichkhun, taking him to the side to talk in private and  it surprised Jayde. "You don't like your boyfriend speaking to your sister." TOP commented on what he also saw. "No, I don't like anyone speaking to him." Jayde turned to TOP. "Not even men, because he goes both ways and I get jealous." She smirked. TOP just smiled at her comeback. "You free for dinner?" "As a matter of fact I am." She responded. "Where can I take you out tonight?" He blushed. Jayde laughed internally, he wasn't so bad to have around after all. "Lets see, I mean unless you want to join me and a partner of mine for a gelato bed gathering, you can take me to the Hilton hotel." His giddy feelings  dissapeared and his face frowned upon Jayde ruining his little fantasy of a romantic dinner date. "Who is he?" He asked in a serious tone. "None of your business." She answered in an opposite tone of TOP's. He watched her walk away as he clenched his fists inside his pockets. His stare said it all, how jealousy and anger built up. TOP knows his place and this women just had him shaken up in many ways he never imagine. He was an artist, who wrote deep poerty and delivered it in appealing deep voice, a guy who found art istself exciting more than a female has ever made him feel. A man who kept himself private, from his carrer to circle of friends. How could a women shaken up an obsessed, lunatic, art freak but the more he encountered with her the more he felt how she was the missing pieces to his empty life. Sure, there is much more to her than he could ever imagine but even if one day he were to find out, he felt like he would understand her and be on her side no matter what. Everything that comes out of is just filled with deep emotion and intellgiance from her her racy comments about being with her guys to her sarcasm. She was a mystery not even sherlock holmes would be able to solve. 

 

 

Hazel invited Nichkhun to a cup of coffee to a nearby shop. They both sat across from each other, she had a huge grin on her face unlike him who kept his nerdy self with his usual stern face. "So, tell me, marketing director how are you liking it so far??" He intiated the conversaion. "It's going well, Mr. Vice President. You know just here and there, trying to lead a group isn't easy like I imagined. Plus it's a little more difficult than I thought to get along, everyone is just so absored in their work and tasks that I can barely finished my thought before everyone scattereds back to their station. Thanks for  concerning about me though, a mere employee." She finished off. "Well I am here to help so any concerns you might have you're welcome to stop by my office." He sit up staright. "In that case, I do happen to have one question." She watched for his reaction to change but nothing did. "And what might that be?" Hazel wasn't sure of how to start it out with out coming forward as strong about the topic or sounding like shes taking him for a fool. "Well first of all it's not about work but ... me." She flickered her eyelashes innocently. "How can I be of any help in that aspect?" He asked like he was confused. Before speaking she sat back into her chair and blew here bangs away from her forhead like if she has given up. In a low voice she began to speak. "...well the thing is it's been a month and a half since i been here in the company and well two months in hongkong, everything is just happening so fast.  Me working alongside the family, finally."  She half-heartdly said the last word. "...I just have no one to lean on and I was thinking if I can come to you when I'm having a tough time. I don't have any close friends and since you are my sisters best friend almost like brother, I thought I could possibly count on you like she does." Hazel looked up at him with puppy eyes and her comments was partially true. Nichkhun was starting at her trying to figure her out. "I mean you don't have to, as a matter of fact..." She quickly spoke after he was taking a long pause, maybe indicating that he wasn't up for it. She stood up ready to pack her bags while speaking. "...forget what I said. I must be stupid asking this grand favor. Maybe I just need a brea-." While she was putting her stuff back into her bag. Nihckhun grabbed her wrist and looked up at her. "No,it's fine." He broke a smile. "REALLY!?" Hazel sat back down. "Yes, I mean thank you for coming to me. I don't know how much of a help I could be, but I'll be willing to be a friend but let me be honest I won't be able to advise you on personal matters and I'll just listen on the side. Besides that, I hope we get along well." Nichkhun extended his hand and Hazel reached out to shake his hand. "Deal." She widely grinned.