P&P

2nd Place

Jayde once again got back inside the black mercedes after finishing her four pm appointment. Massaging her temples she popped in a head ache pill. "Okay where are we off to now Nich?" She spoke over the speaker. "To finish the day off you will be having dinner with a YGE rep." Nich informed her. "For what exactly? and what rep?" She closed her eyes letting the pain lessen down. "It was a special request to have dinner with you Jayde." She opened her eyes curious."That's unusual, okay then see you tomorrow. I'm heading straight home after I've had a rough day." Nich lauged over the phone. "Yes, you did." Both of friends laughed. "Oh and don't forget to make plans with Chansung." After Nich hanged up the mercedes pulled up to a five star restaurant and Jayde got off.

Walking into a private room she immediately knew this was going to end bad. Jayde sat down infront of TOP unamused. "You don't do lunch if not for business but you never said anything about dinner." He served her red wine. She followed his every move and saw a change. "You don't seem surprised to see me, already use to it?"

Jayde chuckled. "You sure are getting bold, where did the groundless confidence come from?" He leaned in. "After you spent the night at my apartment...twice." TOP saw her expression darken, irked of his response. "So what's the occasion? One thing I know this dinner is not for business..." Jayde stopped talking and decided to give in to his conversation. "...so it's either about the dinner with sister or why I ended up in your home the second time." "Bingo."

TOP waited for the waiters to officially leave the room after serving them their food before he began on his quest to his questioning, he was glad she actually wasn't fighting back on meeting him. Jayde sat across from him and it gave her a perfect view of the skyscrapers, behind him the night seemed to get cold, lonely and awfully dark but it was just the begining as well as their road to where this  dinner is going to take them both.  

She thought hard why she was still sitting when she would usually walk out the door and scold him like the boss she is for trying to get special attention just so she could put a good word for him but even she knew that was not his goal since the begning so why exactly is he still persuing her after all his seen. Her attention was directed back to him after she felt his stare. "You seem to stare quite a lot." Jayde looked down and felt embrassed not because he was staring but the thought of her looking at him with needy eyes before her sister fainted appeared before her mind and she knew the feeling was probably mutual in that moment but in the end it was just her.

TOP just watched her lost in her thought before stepping in. "Do you want to tell me what you're thinking?" Jayde looked up and saw his serious side and felt a hint of worry in his tone. "If I do, I'd have to kill you." 

"Then do it." He responded too fast throwing Jayde off the grid, she looked at him and thought why he keeps on doing this but the more she the digged deep inside the pain in her head worsened. "Mr. Choi what exactly do you want." TOP looked surprised at her  low tone of voice and nothing like it held authority. "Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't get why you do all of this, I don't know you and you don't know me. It makes no sense, at first I thought it was a game but you just keep appearing in some places you're not suppose to and see things you're not suppose to. I just don't get it anymore, I really don't. Who are you?" She talked with her hands really confused giving up. 

He thought for a while processing her questions and just like the other times he came to the same conclusion. "I told you, I'm just a guy who is facinated by you and truly wants to get to know you. It's true at first it was all because I needed a strong partner if I was going to come into this world of money diggers to survive. I thought if I stuck to you I would eventually be in your cirlce but something changed." 

"Because you seen some of my personal incidents?" She questioned him. TOP crooked his head. "Part of it. I'm curious about something." Jayde straighten out her arms and folded them in her lap. "Now you're talking. So what is it you want to know? Why I ended up beaten up in the parking lot or the incident with my sister. Pick one and I'll answer but in exchang-"

"My life."

Jayde laughed, he sure knew how to play along with her overboard comments, even though she'd really have to take his life if she were ever to confess on both matters. "No, in exchange you promise to break off the engagement between my sister and your friend."

TOP considered her offer and in his mind it was cruel but he would figure it out. "Okay, I agree." He leaned in. "Why did you end up beaten in the parking lot?"

She smiled and even before he asked she already had answeres to both questions of course not the real truth but he doesn't know that. "Someone tried to steal some documents for our future plans with the company."

"That simple."

"Well yes, I mean they must have figured out who I was and wanted information, enough reasons."

"But that badly?"

"Can't I be a weak women?" Jayde raised her voice. 

"Okay now I got something to confess." 

Jayde got nervous and cleared her throught, did he know something about that night she doesn't could he playing her all this time and use that information aganist her? 

"Some where along the way when we kept meeting-"

"You mean stalking."

TOP gave her a stare that meant he was being serious. "I felt the urge to know more about you, not the tough women who has a poker face out to destroy any human being in her way but the lady who hangs out with her friends and what she does in her spare time." 

"You aren't making sense."

"Jayde please listen to what I'm trying to say. I'm afriad not giving me the chance to confess that I've come to care for you, you're face appears in my dreams, i hear your voice ringing in my ears when I'm alone, and at times I crave your touch." 

She was looking at him in a serious matter, was he being honest or is this some sick trick. She would have figured it out by now but his actions are decieving her. "I don't get why you are doing this, with all due respect our worlds don't ..."

"Match."TOP finished her statement. 

"Yes, match and I'm sorry to break it to you but I don't feel the same way. I don't have any feelings towards you."

TOP stepped. "I know and I expected that answer but let me just do my thing, let me make you fall for me to the point where our worlds do end up crossing and make a some type of effort to work together. Give me your hand, breath- when ever you need I'll be there-  just give me your all. I'll make you happy."

Jayde was surprised to hear him talk but he wasn't the only who had confessed to her entire time spent on earth. They were all most jerks and in for the money so it could be the same for TOP but to this point she just doesn't know or cares for her love life. 

"Why? Why me? It really doesn't make sense." Jayde contracdicted her thought. 

"Why not Jayde, why not? You're everything a man could ever want, let yourself go."

"It doesn't work that way and If you really got to know who I am you'd go out runing out that door." She looked away embrassed of who she really is. In that instant TOP stood up and walked up to her.

"Why can't you see what I see...you're a rare beauty, your skin color is radiant, i can kiss those creamy chocolate cheeks and body, most of all you're intelligent, from head to toe you captivate every person in the room when you walk in same way you did with me."

"Am I joke to you? Is what I do and who I am a puzzle you have to solve?" Jayde's voice raised angered that it wasn't making sense to her well it was but she didn't want to believe it, not him and not at his time, the way he talked about her outter appearnce all seemed like he felt pity.

"Jayde, no, that's not it. With all sincerity I want to know who you are."

"Trust me you don't.You don't know who I am, what I do and what I'm cappable of." Jayde stood up before he could come any closer.

"Is this what you've done in the past, you push love away and block your heart. Is this how you really want to live your life isolated from someone who cares for you?" TOP tried to grab her hand but she pulled away. "You know nothing."

TOP chuckled and took steps back looking at her from head to toe. "You are so right, Jayde. You are always right aren't you?" Jayde tilted her head confused where this mockery came from as TOP walked back and forth getting his thoughts in place. "THAT!" He pointed her standing with an attiude. "Is what you portray but in reality you are weak, a walking ruined women from a past lover or life itself, a joke to some partners in business, a women who is seen as a stain in this business run by men. And you know that, that's why you act like such an enraged boss wanting to prove those people out their eating you alive wrong." He got close to her inches away from her face. "One thing I know for sure is once you're sister steps in your working territory, you're going to be pushed aside." 

Jayde slapped him. He hit her bull eyes. She knew he was right once her sister takes on the role of working Jayde will be pushed aside like in elementary school, middle school, high school and even in college but this company was hers, she worked so hard to get it and to maintain it but once her lovely sister steps in it will cumble to the ground and she will be underrated like most of her life alongside her sibling. Jayde abhors the thought of him knowing, she doesn't hate her sister but resent never goes away. "YOU..." She pointed her finger at him." KNOW....NOTHING." With such despise in her tone he felt sorry but even more mad. Picking her coat up and bag she locked eyes with him one more time before turning to the door. TOP wouldn't have done this to anyone, he's not the dominated type of guy even though his image says otherwise he grabbed her by her arm making her turn to him and he implanted a kiss hard on her lips of course she resisted but he was so mad that emotion came over him with determination and kissed her hard until she gave in. 

≈♦≈

It was past two am in the night and TOP woke up to weeping. He stood on his elbows and looked around the room, it was silent dead a different vibe of when he slept before the night went down. Getting up from the bed he put on his pants laying on the floor he walked across the room to the spacious bathroom, slowly he opened the door only to find her inside the shower stall cruled up hugging her knees crying with soaked hair and , shaking from the chilly air. He walked over to her quickly softly calling her name. She looked up at him with such red sadness eyes he knew never existed in a women undestructable. "Is...this what...you wanted to see." She talked in between her choking words not facing him and hiding half of her lower face. TOP squatted down to her he tried to reach out for her but she flinched. "Let me see...." He tried once more to reach out for her but she hid her face. " I want to see your face."  She shook her head and mumbled words. "I don't understand." TOP couldn't make out the words. She spoke more clearly and louder. "I'm hideous." Those two words made something inside of TOP drop down to the pit of his stomach and an imense vacant feeling overcame him. "I love you." He  let out with out much thought, not taking notice of what he said, he brushed her hair to the back. "Jayde, I don't care what you or others think of your outer image. What I care about is that why do you think so lowly of something I love." He took a deep breath and put his hand on top of hers. "I beg of you Miss Lee, don't harm what I love the most, don't put it down like it's nothing because to me it's everything, don't make it cry because it makes me feel useless. Don't cry." He pulled her hand and helped her stand up, wrapping a bath towel around her body he hugged her as they both slowly walked back to  her bed. He sat her down and dressed her up in her pajamas before putting her to sleep. Jayde didn't hesistate at all and let herself be taken care of. TOP went in bed with her and hugged her close to him, he felt her body warmth and it made his body and mind feel at ease, the smell of her concunut shampoo made him want to kiss her all over her head as she slightly snored. He slept twenty minutes after her and until the sun rised again.

Lost in the thriller and heat of it all they slept together after dinner, it wasn't love but a bundle of mutual feelings, madness, frustration and desperation was written all over their body work. That night was an intense feel of needing each other they went all the way and ended in Jayde's penthouse. Giving partly of herself to him she regretted it once she woke up during midnight, the dark room hunted her of the mistake she comitted. Removing the makeup from her face you could see her imperfections and the ugly women who is nothing but more of eye sore to the perfect family. She stepped in the hot shower washing away his love bites, scent and a tingly feeling running through out her bringing herself to tears being afraid of what she feared the most...love 

And the person to blame for her insecurIties is none other than her crush and sister. 

No one knows besides her and her two bestfriends. Hazel can't remember but Kris does and he lives everyday feeling sorry towards Jayde. No one can change it, yet Jayde decided to accept it, forget it and move on. How could she ever think it was okay, how did she manage her love be loved by her sister taken right before her eyes. She could have cried but she didn't afterall the things they said, she wanted it to go away.