Un-solving Triangle

2nd Place

 Nich was behind Jayde as she power walked to the conference room in the 23rd floor. "Jayde! He's in a meeting." Her bestfriend called out to her but she ignored him and walked right in the double doors. Jayde stood at the back of the room looking up at him in the podium giving his speech, when he saw her he stopped, Jayde's eyes gave away her urgent need to hug him getting the hint he wrapped up his last comment and dismissed everyone in the meeting. Jayde waited for everyone to go out and walked up to him while he gathered his stuff and then it came a big wide smile across her face, he just winked at her and expanded his arms so she could jump in them. "Oh Kris!" He hugged her tightly. 

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" Jayde quickly parted ways. 

"It was suppose to be a surprise but I guess someone gave it away." Kris eyed Nich who sat down in the conference table. 

Jayde sat down following Nich. "I didn't say anything Kris, she figured it out herself. What can I say she's smart." 

"When did you get here?"

"Two days ago, but I swear I had everything planned in meeting you." 

"Yeah right." Jayde pouted.

After the little catch up in the conference room Nich headed back to company and Jayde along with Kris went out for lunch heading to the company afterwords. 

Walking in lobby employees bowed to Jayde as she walked in with Kris chatting. "Okay so tomorrow night we're having dinner." Kris confirmed it. 

"It's settle then!" As they both approached the elevators the doors opened to Hazel and TOP coming out. In that instance Kris froze and Jayde's heart began to beat fast when she met eyes with Hazel. The atmosphere tensed up according to Kris and Jayde but Hazel eyes went wide opened and in her cheerful voice she called out Kris name and hugged him. He on the other hand avoided her eyes and didn't fully give into the hug, he turned to look at Jayde nervously but she wasn't looking at him, she was looking straight ahead at nothing, lost in her thoughts. "SO NICE TO SEE YOU  KRIS! WHEN'D YOU GET HERE? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? IT'S BEEN SO LONG!" Hazel overwhelmed him with so many questions. 

TOP on the other hand watched everything and just like his instincts he knew this was probbly a man Jayde had slept with. Hazel finally realized TOP next to her. "Oh sorry, Kris this is TOP a friend..." She then direced her attention to TOP. "TOP this is Kris Wu, my school crush and Jayde's friend." 

"....my school crush and Jayde's friend...."  That sentence made Jayde feel guilt and pain, somewhere where only she knew. She looked down and gulped her pride, walking into the elevator before it closed, leaving behind Kris who called out to her but Hazel just ignored it and TOP sensed some conflict in Hazel's comment. Kris was being dragged away by Hazel to catch up, he looked behind him as the transperent elevator went up and saw Jayde looking down at them, he knew it made feel Jayde jealous or insecure but he won't let her down again, not this time. 

≈♦≈ 

She walked in the apartment, all lights were turned off like a black out yet it was just her home, she wanted to be in the dark not wanting to see herself yet...this time it got a little out of hand she couldn't bare to look at her reflection...it was bloody. 

    "...police are searching for a killer who has yet to be identified, he brutally killed 5 men who are to believe were trafficking children in china, two women who pretended to be nuns and the most shocking part..." 

She her tv the volume was at 7 and you can clearly hear the reporter. 

  "...the most shocking and frightening aspect of all this is 11 children ranging from four to twelve years old where  shot to death..." 

You could only see the outline from her body refelecting infront of the tv, "...what's strange is a handkerchief with a lily embroided on it was left on top of the children's body which seemed that was used to clean their faces from the blood splattered all over them..." 

Walking in the dark to her restroom, she dragged herself to the bathtub, only the reporters faint voice could be heard and the city outside going on as if nothing. Turning it on to warm water she let it filled, soaked in it for about 20 mintues she relaxed her mind letting the running water wash down the blood on her clothes and skin. If one walked in they'd be traumatized and think she was trying to commit suicide. 

After 10 more mintues the house phone started to ring non-stop and later after her cell phone began to ring also. Letting time pass by knowing they'd give up on trying to contact her she gave in to her tired body and slept... in that dirty bloody sinful bath.