Back At It

2nd Place

Once in China Jayde had no rest it wast time to get back to work and by all means having dinner with her sister was not part of it. 

 Jayde was surprised to have the invitation handed to her through Nichkhun. Her dear sister sure could have called that she was back from Japan or at least show herself around the office. At the very least she could have told Jayde that she brought company. 

Hazel and her boyfriend stood up when they saw Jayde walk in late into the elegant dinner room, she sat down at one of the ends of the table, the waiter pulled the chair back and another took her black trench coat defitnely giving off that authority of the atmosphere just like any mother would when meeting for the first time the companion of her daughter. Hazel pressed her lover's hand giving him a comfort smile while sitting back down to the left side of her. "First time in five months you show your face and you decide to bring company." Jayde's cold tone was not of surprise to Hazel's man. 

He stood up and once again bowed before her. "I'm Dong Youngbae but I go by Taeyang, it is such a great pleasure to finally met you, Miss Lee." Jayde looked up at him stunned that he actually felt the need to introduce himself when Hazel could have easily done it. "Well I suppose the pleasure is only one sided." Jayde retorted back, she raised her hand and the waiter came to her side. "The usual please." She ordered. The waiter then shifted his attention to the couple. "Will wait, thanks." Hazel said. "You aren't surely going to keep me waiting." Jayde asked Hazel. "You made us wait, so we only ask that you wait for our guest." 

The defensive answer sure made Jayde a little taken back. "What guest?"

"SORRY I'M LATE!"

Jayde looked back and her eyes widened in surprise. "You're just in time TOP." Taeyang stood up to welcome the man and Hazel hugged him. Jayde's eyes followed him in disbelief. "I'm sure you know my lovely older sister, Jayde." TOP's eyes were once again teasing her like when they first spent the night together. "Oh, yes I've seen her quite a few times around work. Miss Lee." TOP semi-bowed his upper body. Oh how she hated his presence. 

Once settled in and began to enjoy dinner Jayde kept her silence making the atmosphere darken. The pair of love birde chatted once in a while with TOP but kept it short when Jayde would clear . Hazel couldn't take it anymore and began to raise her voice breaking her sisters silenced dinner. "So TOP how much of a great boss is my sister?" He chuckeld and it made Jayde stiffened. "Great? No, the word you're looking for is..." He thought about if for a while and turned to look at the grumpy women next to him. "Resplendent, affectionate, majestic..." He smiled. "That's surprising." Jayde turned to look at her sister with admiration. "I know." TOP winked at Jayde. 

Jayde threw her napkin on the table ready to step in. "Mr. Choi, may I ask what you're doing here?"

"He's my guest." Taeyang answered. "These two are buddies!" Hazel cheered. Just when things couldn't get any worst they did. 

Questioning the dinner Jayde decided to question the other guest. "Mr. Dong, what is it exactly is your network? I do believe music is just a side hobby right..." He was ready to answer but Jayde kept on asking. "To be honest I don't see a life what a waste. You should seek another road but that's just my opinion."

He let out a bitter smile. "With all do respect, music is nothing to you but for me it's my dirve in life so it's what keeps my a live, it's what keeps us alive." Taeyang looked at TOP.

"Great for you and I sincerly wish you the best in life with that carrer choice hope you find someone with that same naive mindset as yours." Jayde cheered him on.

"Excuse me?" Taeyang felt small with her comment. "You're calling your sister stupid-"

"Oh no, you got it wrong Mr. Dong-" Jade paused and looked at her sister and Taeyang and began to laugh. "Godness gracious you don't think that you will spend your rest of your life with my sister, do you?" No one laughed and only Jayde got the joke.

Hazel was burning up with anger she could careless if her sister offended her but not the love of her life. TOP was stuck in the middle and didn't know what to do.

"I do hope you know that you two are just playing around with each other and break it off soon I don't want you wasting her time." Jayde got up and put on her coat. "Know your place." She directed her comment towards her sister and walked out but Hazel ran after her. 

Once out in the open restaurant Hazel yelled. "I'M GOING TO MARRY HIM THIS WEEKEND." Jayde stopped her and turned her tracks. She walked up to her and smiled. "Stop it Hazel, you're making a scene." Hazel pushed her sisters hand away from hers. "NO! I'M GOING TO MARRY HIM AND HE CAME TO YOU TO ASK FOR MY HAND." Jayde looked arround and reassured everyone with a smile. "Stop." She whispered. "HE WANTED YOU TO BE A WITNESS AND TOP." Jayde looked at her sister staright in the eye. "Stop with your childish act and go home." Hazel began to cry. "I love him Jayde, I love him." Jayde looked behind her sister and saw the two men and everyone else. The feeling was similar to when she was at the winter ball and she felt her confidence weaken. "Listen close, he's a lowlife loser wanting your money, no direction wasting your time can't you see he's using yo-" 

...slap...

The restaurant got silenced, Jayde felt a burning pain in her left cheek, she slowly turned her head to meet eyes with TOP who was already behind her sister. Hazel covered in shock not believing what she just had done, Taeyang backed her away a little. In this case most people would bring their hand up to their cheek and massage it but not Jayde, she felt a sting for a while but it was gone the next moment, what did though was the stares. Everyone gasped and she felt guilt, the exact isolation she felt from everyone in the winter ball was happening now she stood there for a second thinking who was going to save her then she felt his stare on her, with a burning gaze she looked at TOP and he was stunned, it's like he knew he should come close to her but when he was about to say something Hazel next to him fainted. Taeyang yelled for an ambulance and for TOP's help. He hesitated holding down the stare with Jayde she saw a little hope in him but eventually broke it away with the impatience of his friend, he ignored her she felt stupid and left. Even if it was her sister she knew she had to stay and accompany her but with a passion of madness she couldn't take the blame when she was the victim even though it didn't feel or looked like it. 

Walking out into the cold she bumped into a few people, gasping for air when she sat down inside of a cab. Don't cry Jayde don't cry

 

≈♦≈

"Jayde..." Nich kept running behind Jayde but she was busy on the phone. 

"Okay, yes sir I'll meet you for lunch in 30 mintues." 

"Wait, Jayde." 

"No, problem sir. Okay. Bye bye." She finally hanged up and checked her folder while Nich was still trying to stop her from walking into her office. "Nich, can't you see I'm on the phon-"

"Yes, I know! I know. But you really don't want to go in to you-"

"Have my car ready in five."

"Okay but wait someone is waiting for you in your office and I don't thi-"

"Who?" Jayde opened the double doors to her office and saw her sister seated on the couch. She lowered her gaze and Jayde only looked through her. 

"Your sister."

"Leave us alone." Without asking anymore questions Nich left the room with worry. 

Jayde walked over to her desk. "Was it that you want." Hazel stood up. "I came here to apologize." Jayde scoffed. "Least you could do right." Hazel just came to clear things up but she really needed her sister as a witness or else the marriage can't take place, no one is willing to risk their lives to a witness at her wedding or they'd lose their job thanks to her parents unless it was her twin sister. "I want to talk." Jayde grabbed her planner and her coat. "We already did, yesterday. Or did you forget when you fainted." Hazel knew she had upset her sister but she truly felt sorry. "I'm truly sorry for what I did but please I have never asked for anything from you this one time can't you just-"

"No, I can't." Jayde walked to her door. 

"What did I ever do to you, Jayde. What was it? Why are you so cold."

"Stop Hazel. We already had enough of this yesterday."

"No let's do this now, what is it with you hating me. You just drifited away and blocked me out."

"Hazel."

"Let's end this now, just tell me what I did wrong for you to kick me out of your life. You mean so much to me! I love you and I'm willing to give anything for you but you don't let me, but if you tell me what I did wrong....I promise to break off my realtionship."

Jayde thought for a while and for a second she actually considered the offer but shook the thought off her head. "No. You don't want to know." She whispered not williing to give her one of few secrets she plans to take to the grave.

"So there is something, tell me and I break it off now."

"No, it's nothing."

Hazel walked over to Jayde and grabbed her by her two shoulderes. "Look at me staright in the eye and deny it." 

With every muscle in ther body she stood up staright and looked into her sister desperate eyes. "There's nothing." Hazel let go of her sister and watched her walk out the office, every eye was on her as she walked to the end of the hallway and into the elevator. Now more than ever Hazel was ready to figure out what happened.