It's Not Over

Matter Of Time

Mikayla awkwardly tries to wiggle out of Woohyun's grip.

"Nam...let me make you some tea." Mikayla said she managed to free herself from Woohyun's embrace.

Woohyun sits up with tears continuing to roll down his cheeks. Mikayla brings Woohyun a cup of warm tea in a purple mug with the letters J and M on it.

"Drink slowly." She advised as Woohyun gulped down the warm tea and then felt the burn in his throat.

"Nam..?"

"Mhm..?"

"What happened?"

"I screwed up...I knew all the words and all the dance moves." Woohyun choked up.

"B-But it happened so fast...I couldn't keep up in my head. It's like someone changed my whole surrounding and placed it upside down..."

"Woohyun..did you practice enough?"

"OF course I did! Nothing could have prevented what happened Mikayla! I-I-I just messed up and ruined Infinite's chance to even be nominated for the Global Star Award..."

"Okay..."

"What do I do now...?" Woohyun questioned more soberly now.

"I think you should make a public apology on your behalf."

"But why should I apologize!"

"Maybe the award manager or person or whatever will give Infinite another chance."

"My manager is advising that I see a doctor because something really could be wrong with me."

"Why don't you?"

"I already have so much problems, missing practices to see a doctor so he can tell me I'm fine is just a waste of time!"

"Okay, okay sheesh.."

Mikayla took a seat next to Woohyun and gave him a tiny paper card with a name and number of a psychatrist.

"See him...maybe you just need to relax, being an idol has got to be overwhelming."

"Fine.." Woohyun replied feeling a nauseous.

He bolted to her bathroom and the sound of him vomitting grossed Mikayla out. She tied her hair up in a bun and went to check on Woohyun. He was laying down on her bathroom floor.

"Come on Nam.." She whispered as she helped him and stand and led him to the couch again.

"Mikayla?"

"What's up?"

"You're nice and tiny." He smiled as he motioned his fingers in a peace sign.

"Haha, what?

"Oh there's two of you. Which one of you is the real Mikayla?"

"Nam, just go to sleep okay."

"Okay, tiny girl." Woohyun shut his eyes and started singing The Chaser.

"See Sunggyu...I know my line." Woohyun whispered with a tear coming down his cheek.

Mikayla watched him fall asleep as a tear began to fall from her eyes.

Mikayla begins thinking in her head...Why Woohyun, he is so talented why would this happen to him?

She walks to her bedroom and lays down. A couple of hours later she wakes up to check on Woohyun. She covers him up in a blanket and sits on the opposite couch. She begins texting Jonghyun.

"Jong?"

Minutes go by without any reply and Mikayla slowly falls asleep on the couch.

Another couple of hours, there is the sound of keys clinging together as Jonghyun opens the door.

"Miki? What the...What's going on!"

Mikayla and Woohyun quickly wake up.

"Jonghyun."

"Why is he here?"

"He needed to talk to someone and I'm his friend so he came to talk to me."

"I'm sorry, I should go now." Woohyun said as he rubbed his head which was in terrible pain.

"Nam.."

"Bye Mikayla and thank you...bye Jonghyun." Woohyun stated as he left.

Jonghyun quickly headed to the bedroom and slammed the door. Mikayla quietly approached the bedroom door and softly knocked.

"Jong...please come out..."

***

Jonghyun was beside the door with his hand on the knob, hesitant to open it. His jealousy wasn't gone and he was clearly angry she was with Woohyun.

***

"Jong, we need to talk."

The door suddenly creaked open as Jonghyun's face became visible.

"Talk."

"Woohyun is just a friend, and he had no one to talk to about the incident-"

"He could talk to a psychatrist, not my girlfriend."

"I told him to, I even gave him a card, but that's not what I want to tell you.."

"What?"

"Woohyun kissed me, but he-"

"He what! And YOU let it happen? I am GOING to KILL him!" Jonghyun yelled.

"No Jonghyun stop!" She screamed while holding Jonghyun back.

"We are JUST friends! Okay, we are just friends. He was just terrified and obviously embarrassed I don't even think he knows what he did." Mikayla stated in reassurance.

"Why would he kiss you then?"

"I don't know, but Jonghyun please don't go near him."

"Then stop working with Infinite." Jonghyun firmly replied.

"Jong...you know I can't do that."

"Exactly." Jonghyun said with an upset look on his face as he closed the bedroom door and laid in bed.

Mikayla wiped away a tear that managed to fight it's way out of her eye. She sat down beside the door for about an hour thinking about what she was going to do. Suddenly she slowly opened the bedroom door which to her surprise was unlocked. Mikayla crawled into the bed facing sleeping Jonghyun's back. She faught tears that were ready to burst out of her eyes. This was the first time she really upset Jonghyun, she had made him jealous before they were dating since she was friends with Taemin first. However, she never witnessed him upset before, it was something she hoped she would never see. On the other side, Jonghyun slowly opens his eyes, making sure Mikayla wouldn't see he was still awake. He laid there listening to Mikayla's small sniffles.

***

Woohyun walked through the door quietly he felt a warm embrace. It was Sungjong, Hoya, Dongwoo, L, and Sungyeol.

"Hyung, don't be sad okay?" Sungjong smiled.

"It's okay Namu, we'll get another shot." L reassured.

"Thanks guys..." Woohyun managed to say without breaking out in tears.

Then Sunggyu came out of his room and leaned against the wall.

"Go to your rooms kids, I want to talk to Woohyun..alone." Sunggyu stated with confidence that was practically dripping out of each word he said.

One by one the boys disappeared to their rooms.

"Nam."

"Look Sunggyu if you are just going to tell me, I screwed up, then say it PLEASE don't sugar coat it. I hate that.."

"Okay, You screwed up Woohyun, really bad. But if I continue to hold this against you, Infinite will never succeed."

"What's your point hyung?"

"I know why you messed up."

"Why, please tell me since you know it all."

"You were too busy worrying about that girl that yo-"

"Woah wait what girl?"

"Mikayla!"

"Oh whatever Sunggyu she is just a friend."

"Oh really, well maybe you should have been practicing instead of flirting with your friend" Sunggyu stated as he put air-quotations around friend.

"I knew the part front to back, I just messed up okay! People mess up!"

"WE can't afford to mess up!" Sunggyu yelled before sighing.

"You are probably going to hate me, but it's for the best." Sunggyu said.

"What did you do?" Woohyun glared.

"I asked that Mikayla...be fired."

"WHY would you do that! You have no business to do that!."

"I have all the right, I am the leader and--"

Woohyun stormed into his room angry and worried how Mikayla would react.

***

SHINee's everybody began playing as a ringtone.

"Mikayla, your phone..." Jonghyun whispered while nudging Mikayla.

She reached for her cellphone and picked up.

"Hello?"

"Lee Mikayla?"

"This is she, may I ask who is calling?"

"Hello, this is the Woolim Entertainment human resources department calling on behalf of your position as makeup and hair designer for Infinite."

"Uhm..yes?"

"We are sorry to say that we must let you go."

"May I-I-I ask why?"

"I'm sorry that is confidential, but once again we apologize for having to give you this news."

"Okay...thank you." Mikayla slowly replied before hanging up.

"Who was that?" Jonghyun asked half asleep, still a little upset.

"You got your wish, I'm fired." Mikayla answered while leaving the bedroom.

Jonghyun's eyes open wide as he sits up in bed. Mikayla goes into the kitchen and boils hot water for her tea. She stops fighting the tears and lets the small rolling drops off water fall down her cheeks. Jonghyun leaves the bedroom and walks up to Mikayla who has both hands on the counter trying to find the reason why she was fired.

"Miki..." Jonghyun whispered.

He gently grabs her hands and wraps them around him as he softly embraces her.

"It's going to be okay Miki."

"I'm sorry Jong, I'm so sorry." Mikayla cried as she squeezed Jonghyun's waist.

Mikayla finished making her tea and sat on the couch with Jonghyun who was falling asleep. She picked up her phone and texted Woohyun.

"Hey."

***

Woohyun's phone lights up and he grabs it. He sees Mikayla's name and smiles.

***

"Hey Mikayla."

"I'm fired, THANKS."

"What? and I had nothing to do with that."

"They called to tell me I'm fired. And I knew you didn't it's just I need to vent."

"It's like 6 am, wanna get breakfast at 8 am?"

"Don't you have a schedule?"

"Not until like 4."

"Okay."

"Meet me at Shay's cafe at 8 am."

"Alright, see you there."

"See ya ;)"

Mikayla puts her phone into her pocket and covers Jonghyun with a blanket.

________________________________________________________________________________

 

Would you count Woohyun and Mikayla's kiss as cheating on Jonghyun? Also, Chapter 4 will come up soon ^_^