Oh, An IDOL for a Day!

Matter Of Time

Mikayla walked out of her bedroom wearing pink skinny jeans and a pink/black spattered t-shirt. She wore a zebra print scarf with her pink zebra print heels. Her hair was in a ponytail with curls.

"Where are we going." Mikayla said slumping down next to Woohyun. Mikayla tried to snuggle against Woohyun so he would let her sleep.

"Haha, that's not going to work, but good try cutie." Woohyun laughed as he grabbed her hand and walked out of the house. The Infinite van was already waiting outside, Woohyun placed Mikayla's bag of sweats in the passenger seat and sat with Mikayla in the back.

"Can I nap in here?"

"Sure, but you're only napping for a couple of minutes because the studio is not that far."

"Fine." Mikayla said curling up in Woohyun's arms and looking up at him.

"What?" Woohyun smiled.

"Where are you taking me?"

"A place."

"Where is this place?"

"Right here." Woohyun said as the driver stopped.

Woohyun grabbed Mikayla's hand again and walked with her inside the music studio. Mikayla was getting used to him grabbing her hand since he did it all the time, so she just smiled.

"After you." Woohyun chuckled as he held the door open for her.

"Wow... this place is nice." Mikayla said as she dropped her jaw looking at the beautiful recording studio.

"Close your mouth you'll catch flies." Woohyun joked as he led Mikayla to the recording room 108.

"Do you know how to read sheet music?"

"Of course why?"

"Well, you're first job is to record a song." Woohyun smirked.

He handed Mikayla headphones and played the songs instrumental a couple of times so she could get a feel for the tempo. After only a couple of minutes Mikayla took off the headphones.

"I'm ready." Mikayla said confidently.

"Really? It usually takes people close to an hour."

"Yup." Mikayla replied as she entered the sound booth and place the studio headphones on.

A man with a black suit came in the room as he began recording the song.

"Okay Mikayla sing the parts that are highlighted on the paper in front of you. Do you think you can do that?" Woohyun asked.

Mikayla just gave Woohyun a thumbs up. The man in the suit flipped the music switch and clicked the record button. Mikayla sang every part that was highlighted perfectly. Once the song was finished she took off her headphones.

"How was that?" Mikayla said even though she wasn't going to get a response back since she couldn't hear them.

***

"She's good Woohyun, now can she dance?" The man in the suit asked.

"Well, we're going to find out today."

"Okay, get back to me if she is going to take the offer. Here is two of my cards, we'd really like for her to join our new girl group."

"Okay, thanks." Woohyun said as the man left the room. Woohyun motioned for Mikayla to come out of the booth.

"Soooo...how was it?"

"You were amazing."

"Why didn't I sing the whole song?"

"Uhm....we just wanted to hear the important parts."

"Okay, so is that all I'm singing?" Mikayla asked as she stared at Woohyun with her big brown eyes.

"Yes, now we have to go somewhere else."

"Wow, that was easy." Mikayla scoffed.

Woohyun walked with Mikayla out of the studio, they entered the same van.

"Whose van is this?"

"Infinite's." Woohyun replied.

"Ooo, so am I like the first girl who as ever been in the Infinite van?" Mikayla joked.

"Well other than a couple of camera women, yeah you are."

"Really? I feel so sp-" Mikayla was saying before Woohyun pulled her out of the car and rushed her into another studio.

The two walked into a photo studio, there were 6 other girls waiting in the dressing room.

"Hello ladies." Woohyun said as he bowed.

Mikayla bowed too, but was stunned to see Woohyun's manners.

"Hello." One of the girls said.

"Ah, hi oppa!" Another girl said running to hug Woohyun.

Mikayla raised an eyebrow as her and Woohyun looked at eachother.

"Hey ladies this is Mikayla. Mikayla this is Naeun, Sara, Yoona, Jessica, Maria, and Dana." Woohyun said as he pointed to each girl.

"Ah, Oppa, it's not polite to point." Maria, the one who hugged him said.

"Haha, I'm sorry." Woohyun laughed.

"So how do you all know eachother?" Mikayla asked incredibly jealous.

"They're all part of the new girl group Woollim is putting together." Woohyun replied with Maria still holding onto his waist.

"Mhm, and why are we here?"

"Well, I said you were going to be an idol for a day."

"We're going to have fun." Sara smiled as she pulled Mikayla's arm and dragged her to one of the high chairs.

"You have such pretty long hair. I wish mine was still long." Sara said as she her shoulder length blonde hair.

"I think your hair looks nice." Mikayla responded.

Suddenly all 6 of the other girls took a seat in the chairs and a stylist came in. The stylist one by one styled their hair and make-up until she reached Mikayla who was a bit dumbfounded.

"Oh It's fine I can do my own." Mikayla said.

"No, I don't mind and it's kinda my job." The stylist laughed as she worked on Mikayla.

Woohyun was waiting outside of the room while the girls got ready.

"Ooo I think this one will match Yoona more since she is a bit short." Naeun joked.

"Hey ah! I am not short I am average." Yoona laughed.

The stylist one by one handed the girls their clothes. Their first photo shoot was going to be "sweet" themed. The all wore cutesy outfits with pink sparkle heels.

"Mikayla looks adorable." Sara told Woohyun as she stepped out of the room.

"Really?" Woohyun asked trying to peek in the room.

"Ah-Ah-Ah, wait in the photo room." Sara laughed as she went back into the room.

"Okay girls, we need to look cute for this photoshoot. So try to do a lot of aegyo, okay?" Sara said.

"Okay Leader." Jessica replied.

Mikayla pulled Sara to the side.

"Uhm Sara, I don't really do aegyo.."

"That's fine just stick the peace sign up and give a good eye smile, that's all you need since you're already pretty."

"Okay."

Sara led them all out of the room and into the photo area. Out of all 7 of the girls Woohyun couldn't take his eyes off of Mikayla. Mikayla had a semi-short cotton candy blue dress that puffed up at the bottom. The dress had a collar that had little mint shape hearts on it. Also, her dress was glittery with tiny cupcakes on the chest area and polka dots on the skirt area. Her hair was curled and she had a cupcake headband on.

"Wow, little girls." Woohyun joked.

"Ha ha very funny Nam." Mikayla replied

"Hey I am a couple months older than you Woohyun!" Sara shouted.

The same man who was at the music studio entered the room.

Suddenly all of the girls posed bent down blowing kisses. Mikayla had a late reaction, so the photo had to be taken again. Then they were ready for individual shots.

"Mikayla can you do aegyo for us?" The photographer asked.

"Uhm..." Mikayla whispered.

Mikayla looked at Woohyun who was smiling with small heart hand gestures. He even stuck up the peace sign and puffed up his cheeks.

Mikayla laughed as she stuck up the peace sign.

"That was good Mikayla, now give us a little more."

Mikayla made a big heart around her head and gave a cute eye smile.

"PERFECT!" The photographer shouted as he gave Mikayla a new wardrobe.

"What's this for?"

"You need to change for another photo." The man said slightlyy pushing Mikayla back into the dressing room.

Once again the girls got their make-up done. This time it was more sassy and y. The girls exited the ddressing room again. Mikayla wore a short black leather dress with stockings. The dress was lace around the sides and showed her stomach a bit. Her hair was straightened and she had a fierce look with red lipstick. Mikayla kept pulling the dress up a little because her cleavage was extremely noticeable which made her uncomfortable.

"Mikayla...don't mess with the dress or they'll get mad." Yoona whisper as she pulled Mikayla's dress down again.

"...But my chest is just....out there." Mikayla muttered.

The girls all had on hand on eachother's shoulder and the other either in their hair or on their hip. Mikayla had to have her finger covering in a "Shh" position. Woohyun's jaws dropped as he saw Mikayla in this outfit. He became a little excited when it was Mikayla's individual shot.

"Okay Mikayla we want you to make it look like you are about to pull your dress up."

"Okay..."

"Good, now pose y and mysterious." The photographer asked.

Mikayla put her hands against the wall and slightly bent her hip to one side as she looked over her shoulder.

"AH PERFECT! Thank you." The photographer said as he hugged Mikayla.

Woohyun walked Mikayla back to the dressing room.

"Having fun?" Woohyuun smiled.

"Actually yeah.. It's not that bad." Mikayla said as she walked into the room.

"I hope you brought sweats Mikayla, it's time to dance." Maria smiled as she spun around.

"Dance?" Mikayla asked.

"Yeah, can you dance?" Naeun questioned.

"I used to dance a lot as a kid and I dance whenever I have free time so yeah." Mikayla said as she changed into her sweats.

All the girls and Woohyun walked downstairs to the dance studio room.

"Okay girls I need you to stretch because this dance involves a little ballet." Kwanghee the instructor said.

Everyone started strecthing including Mikayla as Woohyun sat in a chair in the corner of the room.

***

 After two hours of practicing and going over the steps, the dance instructor brought in a stereo.

"Okay, you girls learned extremely fast for rookies, especially you Mikayla." Kwanghee complimented.

"Now, try with the track all together." Kwanghee said as he the music.

The girls began dancing and Mikayla glanced at Woohyun when her voice came up in the song. She realized that was what she recorded earlier in the studio. The 7 girls were now dancing synchronized and happily. When they finished they all patted eachother's back and got a sip of water.

"Nam, wasn't that what I recorded earlier?" Mikayla managed to say as she panted.

"Yup, you sounded great, right?" Woohyun smiled handing her a bottle of water.

"Did I? That was really fun." Mikayla said before drinking water.

"Glad you like it, but now you have one more thing on your agenda."

"What?"

"Evaluation." Woohyun smiled as he grabbed Mikayla's hand and gave her an envelope.

"What's this?"

"Read it. It is what the manager and CEO think about the song and dance and photoshoot."

Mikayla opened the envelope and read bits of the letter in her mind.

***

Music genre very unique.   

The dance routine is complex and interesting. It represents the story of the song.

Photo shoot intriguing, love the idea of good and bad.

Lee Mikayla (Not Signed) 

*Great vocals.
*Good image
*Skilled dance moves
*Visual of the group and main vocalist.

Lee Mikayla must be offered the official job before we can pursue any debut of trailers.

***

Mikayla looked up at Woohyun who had a hug grin on his face.

"So, want the job?" He asked.

Mikayla handed the envelope back to Woohyun.

"I-I-I have to go." Mikayla grabbed her clothes and bursted out of the room and eventually out of the entire studio. Her face was completely red in anger.

***

What's wrong with him! Doesn't he listen to me! I said clearly I didn't want to be an idol!! It's like he can't get it through his skull! Wait...does he only want to date an idol...?

***

"Mikayla what's wrong!" Woohyun screamed as he caught up to Mikayla.

"I don't want to be an idol...you tricked me!" Mikayla yelled.

"I didn't mean to trick you and I thought you enjoyed it?" Woohyun said completely hurt.

"I did...but I have no desire to be an idol." Mikayla said touching Woohyun's arm.

"Are you sure, maybe you just didn't like the group, you could always go solo or join another o-." Woohyun rambled.

"Why do you want me to become an idol?" Mikayla retrieved her hand.

"I think it suits you, you don't need any practice because you already know the basic. This group wants to sign you without any training, you are being given an opportunity that no one refuses."

"Woohyun, I refused it. And I am still not understanding this."

"I can only date an id-." Woohyun was trying to say before Mikayla cut him off.

"Oh so this was never for me? You just want t-t-to date an idol...Go date one then, I'm pretty sure Maria is into you. J-J-Just go." Mikayla said walking away quickly towards a taxi that had stopped.

Woohyun stood there feeling awful, but hurt because he thought he was doing the right thing.

***

Mikayla sat in the back of the taxi cab and looked in her bag for her house key. She muttered something under her breath as she realized her key wasn't in there. She was glad that at least her wallet was in her bag. Once the cab finally stopped in front of her house she handed the man money and sat on the stairs outside. She felt so hopeless so she texted Jonghyun

M: Hey I need youre help.

J: What's wrong????

M: Just come to the house please!!

J: Okay on my way.

Mikayla put her phone back in her purse and pouted

"Why me, why now?" Mikayla whispered to herself.

After a couple of minutes later Jonghyun walked out of his car and rushed to Mikayla.