Hard Work & Perspiration

Matter Of Time

Suddenly SHINee's song Hello began playing extremely loud on her alarm. Mikayla reached her arm out and smacked the alarm as she quickly rose out of the bed smiling. It was still dark outside and very quiet. She hopped into the shower as fast as she could and got dressed.

"La la la la." Mikayla sang as she was finally ready to head down to the studio. She walked out of the bathroom wearing a teal dress that ruffled a little at the thighs. It had silver stripes on the top area and she wore silver heels to match. Her hair was curled in a pony tail that hung down her back. She topped off her look with pink lip gloss and silver hoop earrings.

"Done." She whispered to herself as she walked out of the house. A taxi cab was already outside since she called them in advance.

"Hello." The taxi driver said.

"Hi." Mikayla responded in surprise that the driver was a female.

"Where to?" The nice lady asked.

"To Woollim's Human Resource department."

"Okie Dokie." The driver began heading towards that direction.

Mikayla glanced at the clock and noticed it was 6:15am.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but what perfume do you use? It smells very good." The driver chuckled.

"Oh, I use Pearl Sparkle. Uhm actually I have a bunch of them, would you want one?" Mikayla asked kindly in a great mood.

"Sure, how much?" The driver asked as the car came to a stop directly in front of Woollim.

"No price, thank you for driving me." Mikayla smiled as she handed the lady the money and perfume.

"No, thank you." The woman smiled back.

***

Mikayla walked into the Woollim building feeling extremely happy. She knocked on the door lightly when a voice within called for her.

"Come in please." A man yelled assertively.

"Hello, I'm here to-"

"Sign a couple of papers, right." The man said handing her a pen.

"Thank you." Mikayla signed all the empty spaces and shook the man's hand.

"My name is Mr.Lates, I am officially your manager while you are apart of Infinity Girls." Mr.Lates smiled.

"Nice to meet you, where exactly are the girls now?"

"They are at the company building practicing. They're in room 88, no my mistake, Infinite is in room 88. Infinity Girls are in room 89." Mr.Lates corrected.

"Okay thank you, that's the building right across the street, correct?"

"Yes, just enter the room. The girls are expecting you."

"Okay, once again thank you very much." Mikayla said as she walked out of the building carrying her head high. Mikayla quickly entered the company building with a plan in her mind.

"Hello." Mikayla bowed to people passing by as she walked upstairs.

She passed room 88 and had her hand on the door knob of room 89. Mikayla turned around and peeked her head in the window of room 88. She saw Infinite practicing their dance for Destiny. Suddenly the song ended and everyone was patting eachother on the back. Woohyun quickly turned his head, but from the corner of his eye he noticed Mikayla with her teal bow. He turned his body and faced the door as Mikayla waved at him through the tiny window. Mikayla quickly swung open the door and ran up to the sweaty Woohyun who had an infinite mask on his face. They embraced eachother despite their tiny argument. Mikayla finally opened her eyes when Woohyun's sweat started to trickle on her skin.

"I'm an Infinity Girl!" Mikayla laughed as she wiped Woohyun's sweat off of her neck.

"Sorry, just finished praciticing....and you accepted the job?" Woohyun asked in excitement.

"It's fine and well I did just say I was an Infinity Girl." Mikayla smiled as she put up the peace sign.

"You-you are the best!" Woohyun said right before he grabbed Mikayla to kiss her.

"Aw, Woohyun and Noona!" Sungjong teased as he pointed at the two.

"Wow, I didn't know they were a couple." Dongwoo said as he danced towards Sungjong.

"Okay kids settle down, you act like you've never seen anyone kiss." Sunggyu nagged as he pushed the two boys.

Mikayla pulled away from Woohyun as they laughed a little.

"Sorry, I probably should've told you. Mikayla and I are...a couple." Woohyun smiled being completely honest with his friends.

"Congratulations." L said as he back-hugged Sungyeol.

"This better not get in the way of your career kid!" Sunggyu joked.

"Aw Hyung, I could never do that." Woohyun joked back making little hand heart gestures towards Sunggyu.

"Ah, stop that. You are embarrassing your girlfriend." Sunggyu said pushing away Woohyun's hearts.

"Nam, I have to go to practice now, but I'll see you later okay?" Mikayla said as she grabbed Woohyun's hand.

"Okay, where's your practice room?" He smiled back

"Room 89."

"Oh right next door." Woohyun laughed as he tapped her nose.

"Ah, get a room you two." Hoya joked.

"Okay, okay, well I'm leaving. See you guys later." Mikayla said before exiting the room.

***

Mikayla opened the door to room 89 and all the girls ran up to her to give her hugs.

"Yay, thanks for joining the group!" Maria yelled.

"We are glad to have you here." Dana smiled.

"Welcome to the team." Sara said as she hugged Mikayla individually.

Mikayla thought to herself that Sara was going to be a great friend.

The girls began doing vocal warm-ups as she approached the singing booth.

"Mikayla try singing the highest pitch." Sara asked.

"Okay." Mikayla said before she sang the highest pitch that was on the sheet music.

"Good job Unnie." Maria smiled.

"Mikayla, can I call you Miki?" Sara questioned.

"Yeah sure." Mikayla replied.

"Miki, I think your voice is perfect for first soprano." Sara suggested.

"Okay, I'll try it."

The girls rehearsed a their second song on the album and took a 5 minute break. Mikayla rushed over to room 88 to see if Infinite was practicing. The boys were squirting water on eachother as they horse played.

"Miki." Sara said as she creeped up behind Mikayla.

"Yes?" Mikayla jumped a little.

"Uhm do you think Sunggyu has a girlfriend?" Sara asked looking into the window at Sunggyu who was singing to himself.

"Sara?"

"I'm sorry did I ask that out loud?" Sara said extremely embarrassed.

"You like Sunggyu?"

"He's really...talented and handsome." Sara admitted.

"Aw, Sara, he isn't dating anyone. Or at least, I don't think he is."

"Really? Do you think I have a chance?" Sara asked cautiously.

"Of course, Sara you're beautiful. Do you want me to ask him?"

"Oh I don't know, I don't want to seem pushy." Sara whispered.

"Oh come on, it'll be like a double date with me and Woohyun." Mikayla assured.

"Okay." Sara smiled really big.

"Oh, our break is over." Mikayla smiled back as they both walked into room 89.

The girls next task was to practice their dance in heels.

"Ah, I can't do this!" Yoona whine.

"Don't say thank Yoona, you just have to get used to it." Mikayla said as she put her hand on Yoona's shoulder.

When the practice was over Yoona asked the manager if she could take a pair of heels back to the dorm to practice.

Mikayla grabbed a towel to wipe the tiny sweat drops on her forehead.

"Great job today girls, I think we can get watermelon on our way home!" Sara shouted.

All the girls jumped and played around for a little while.

"Are you going to come with us to the dorm?" Sara asked Mikayla.

"Uhm sure, I mean I'm going to have to stay over there a couple nights right?"

"Yeah, weekdays you will have to be at the dorm and weekends you can go home."

"Okay thanks."

"Alright girls, the van is on it's way so let's get downstairs." Sara stated firmly to get everyone's attention.

As the girls exited the room Mikayla slowly creeped open room 88. Infinite was just sitting down talking to eachother when Mikayla walked in.

"Hey Nam, I have to ask you something." Mikayla whispered as Woohyun walked up to her.

"What's up?"

"Well, do you think Sunggyu would go on a double date with us tomorrow?"

"Why?"

"Well, Sara likes him." Mikayla whispered in an even lower voice.

"Really? Uhm yeah I'll get him to come, but where are we going?"

"You can stop by our dorm." Mikayla smiled.

"You're going to live in the dorm on the weekdays?" Woohyun asked very  surprised.

"Yes!" Mikayla smiled brightly.

"What room number?"

"Room 104."

"Oh perfect that's right near Infinite." Woohyun smiled back.

"Okay, well I have to go, but I'll call you later. I promise." Mikayla said before she kissed Woohyun's cheek.

Woohyun grabbed Mikayla's wrist and kissed her lips before she walked away.

"Bye." Woohyun smiled.

Mikayla left the room and the rest of Infinite went crazy.  They teased Woohyun and Woohyun just shurgged them off.

"Woohyun look." Dongwoo said as he reanacted what Woohyun did with Hoya. Hoya pushed Dongwoo away at the last moment and laughed.

"Ha ha very funny." Woohyun joked back.

"Okay kids, come on let's try the dance one more time." Sunggyu nagged.

***

"Hey Sara can we stop by my apartment to get some clothes for the week?" Mikayla asked as they were in the company van.

"Sure."

Once Mikayla got enough clothes and accessories to last the week she jumped right back into the van. The girls had already gotten their watermelon and arrived at the dorm.

"Welcome to our home and now it's your home too." Jessica said to Mikaya. The dorm was clean and very colorful.

"Thank you ." Mikayla replied as Sara led her to her dorm.

"Okay Miki you share a room with Maria." Sara informed.

"Okay." Mikayla locked her suitcase and kept it under her bed since they didn't have a closet. Also Mikayla didn't want to risk getting anything stolen since she didn't really know the girls too well.

Mikayla was so tired after practice and didn't feel it until now. The girls all ate some watermelon with banana milk and shared stories. It was almost mid-night when the girls decided to get some rest.

"Good night you guys." Mikayla said as she headed to her room and pulled her cellphone out. She immediantly dialed Woohyun's number and tried not speak loud so she wouldn't disturb Maria.

***

M: Hi there

W: You're still awake, I thought you forgot about me.

M: Yeah we just finished eating a watermelon, which was delicious.

W: Ooo sounds nice, are you enjoying it over there?

M: Actually yeah, I thought I was going to change my mind, but once I got here I felt very welcomed.

W: Good, so where should we go tomorrow?

M: Hmmm bowling? Oooo have you asked Sunggyu yet?

W: Sounds good and I'll ask him tonight.

M: Okay and you guys are still awake?

W: Yeah we are just leaving the studio.

M: Oh you must be tired.

W: No, I'm fine, but you should probably get some rest.

M: Aw but we've only talked for a couple of minutes.

W: I know, but we'll talk more tomorrow.

M: Okay Goodnight.

W: Goodnight my darling.

***

Mikayla hung up trying to contain the smile on her face. She put her phone under her pillow and tried to sleep.