An Idol for a Day?

Matter Of Time

Woohyun sat down at the table Mikayla chose.

"Do you see this menu?"

"No what's wrong with it?"

"The prices are crazy!" Mikayla said opening her eyes wide.

"Haha, I'm paying."  Woohyun laughed.

"Do you even have enough money to pay for a small coffee?" Mikayla questioned.

"Yes Mikayla I do make money."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Mikayla, just choose anything you want." Woohyun said placing his hand over Mikayla's.

"Okay."

A waiter walks by and asks the two what they would like.

"Uhm can I have a small ice coffee with whipcream." Mikayla said.

"And a small cup of coffee." Woohyun added.

The waiter walked away and came back after a couple of minutes with their drinks. Woohyun paid the bill and sipped his coffee.

"Ah this is like the best coffee ever." Mikayla laughed.

"I'm glad you like it, it cost $14.00." Woohyun chuckled as he wiped her small whip cream mustache.

"Thanks, so how's your mission going?" Mikayla smiled.

"I don't know, you tell me."

"I'd say your likabilty rose by $14.00."

"Well that's not enough is it?" Woohyun joked.

Suddenly, a man at the DJ tapped at his microphone.

"Testing, How is everyone tonight? Well, first on our list we have Park Aliyah singing APink's No No No." The DJ said before a girl jumped on stage to sing.

After a couple of performances the DJ walked back up to the microphone stand.

"Okay, our last performance is going to be Nam Woohyun and Lee Mikayla singing Soyu and Junggigo's song Some."

Mikayla quickly placed her coffee down and looked shocked.

"Come on Mikayla." Woohyun said standing up holding his hand out for her.

"Oh uhm Nam...I don't like singing in front of people."

"Well, just look at me. Sing to me." Woohyun said as he walked onto the stage with Mikayla.

The music began playing and Woohyun started singing the first verse. He looked at Mikayla when her part was coming up. Mikayla closed her eyes and began singing. She felt less embarrassed when she opened her eyes to see Woohyun dancing trying to get her to look at him. When they reached the chorus Mikayla started to dance a little with Woohyun. Towards the end of the instrumental Woohyun spun Mikayla before they bowed off stage. Everyone in the cafe clapped and stood up to show their support.

"Why would you do that!" Mikayla yelled hitting Woohyun's arm as they exited the cafe.

"Haha do what?" Woohyun said rubbing his arm.

"That was extremely scary."

"And..."

"And it was fun." Mikayla smiled.

"Good, because you were absolutely amazing." Woohyun smirked putting his arm around Mikayla's shoulder.

"I was okay."

"No you were fantastic, you could seriously be an idol."

"Nah, that's not the life for me."

"But applying make-up to idols is?"

"No, but its the life I'm satisfied with."

"Are you really satisfied working for your ex-boyfriend?" Woohyun asked as they arrived at Mikayla's house.

"Yes, because I am not working for him I am working with him."

"Well, I have a compromise for you."

"Oh yeah what is it?"

"You let me to take you places tomorrow."

"What is that supposed to do for my career?"

"You are going to be an idol for a day."

"An idol for a day?"

"Yes, I am going to take you places where idols go in order to be successful."

"I don't know, I'm not really interested in being an idol Woohyun."

"How would you know if you haven't tried."

"It's just not m-"

"I'll stop by your house in the morning to start our day." Woohyun said cutting Mikayla off.

"You don't want to come inside?"

"No I should probably go back to the dorm." Woohyun said before hugging Mikayla.

"Okay well get home safely." Mikayla replied.

Woohyun kissed Mikayla and let go of her hand as he walked to his dorm. Mikayla entered her house and got ready for bed.

***

Aish..I don't want to be an idol. Why won't he listen to me? I bet he thinks it's cute to be pushy, well it's not. But, I mean it's kinda cute. What am I thinking, ah I need to go to sleep.

***

Mikayla curled up on the couch watching TV. She fell asleep on the couch dreaming.

***

"Lee Mikayla! Lee Mikayla! LEE MIKAYLA WE LOVE!" A fanboy screamed as Mikayla walked on stage. Music began playing and Mikayla started to sing. Suddenly she forgot the lyrics and dance moves. She tried to improvise, but some fans caught her.

"BOO!!" They screamed as they threw glowsticks at Mikayla.

"I-I'm sorry." She said before running off stage. She ran all out of the concert hall. Thousands of little flashing lights beamed on her face.

"Mikayla, how do you feel about messing up on a nationwide television broadcast, not to mention in front of 3,000fans?" The reporter asked basically spitting in her face.

"I-I don't know." Mikayla responded before being pulled out of the crowd by her manager.

"Come on you have dance practice."

"But I just had a concert."

"Yeah a concert where you failed!" The manager said dragging her into a car and driving her down to a dance studio.

Mikayla was trying to learn a new dance in 9 inch heels.

"Why are my heels so high?"

"Because you're too short."

"No I'm not!"

"You're also too fat, you need to go from a 25 inch waist to a 22 inch waist."

"Whoa I am going to look disgusting!" Mikayla screamed.

"Well tough luck, you have one week to lose 3 inches or we are getting it surgical removed." The manager said.

"It's my body you can't control it!"

"Oh I can't." The manager said as she pulled Mikayla's hair.

"Give me some scissors." The manager yelled.

"Hey, don't touch my hair." Mikayla said trying to fight back.

"Try getting far with this haircut." The awful manager yelled before cutting Mikayla's hair unevenly up to her ears.

Mikayla fell to the ground and cried.

"You work for me got it? Finish learning the dance, so you stop disappointing the little fans you have left!" The manager screeched before leaving the dance studio.

Mikayla held the long strips of hair in her hand and wailed. She picked up the scissors and stood by the big dance mirrors. She held the scissors to her wrist. She stopped and thought about her mother. Mikayla punched the mirrors one by one shattering them until she got to the last one.

"You're a monster!" Mikayla yelled before shattering the mirror.

Mikayla ran out of the dance studio and was suddenly on stage again. Her knuckles were leaking blood and the fans watching just laughed at her.

"Stop.."

"STOP!" Mikayla screamed as she tried to walk off stage when Jonghyun stopped her.

"Are you ready to stop being someone you're not? Come back to me my love...." Jonghun whispered faintly before Mikayla woke up from her nightmare.

***

Mikayla woke up to hear someone knocking on the door. Before opening the door she glanced at the clock.

"Woohyun do you know what time it is?" Mikayla said groggily.

"Tsk Tsk Tsk Mikayla, as an idol you have to wake up early." Woohyun said entering the house.

"Nam it's 4:00am!"

"I know you have a lot to do today so hurry get changed. Dress nice and bring some sweatpants and a regular t-shirt." Woohyun replied slightly pushing Mikayla into the bathroom.

Mikayla walked out of the bathroom in a towel as she headed to her room.

"Mikayla what you're wearing is fine." Woohyun laughed.

"I'm about to put clothes on!" She screamed really cranky like.

"I was only joking Mikayla." Woohyun laughed some more.