Just Coffee

Matter Of Time

Finally after the awkward car ride Jonghyun arrived at what used to be his home.

"Thanks." Mikayla said before slamming the car door and running to open the house door.

"Thanks." Yuri said closing the door and peeking her head through the passenger window.

"Whatevers going on with you and Mikayla, I'm sure you guys will work it out." Yuri said before walking into the house.

Jonghyun rubbed his eyebrows and drove off.

***

"Hey! What was that about." Yuri yelled as Mikayla was dressed in sweatpants and a OGS hoodie.

"Take this. And that was for not telling me you called Jonghyun!" Mikayla threw the dress at Yuri.

"Don't be upset with me! I got us a ride didn't I?" Yuri yelled as she threw the dress on the couch.

"Yeah, but it could have been anyone else but Jonghyun...MY ex-boyfriend."

"Oh god, how long do you think that is going to last?

"What?" Mikayla said lifting an eyebrow.

"Do you really think you and Jonghyun are going to stay broken up? Of course not, you guys are destined to be together and I'm surprised you're not married." Yuri admitted.

"People aren't destined to be together, they just try to make a relationship work."

"Whatever you say, I'm out of here." Yuri said packing up the dress.

"Yuri...don't leave angry, you're my bestfriend....I'm sorry. I might have overreacted." Mikayla admitted.

"No, Miki I'm sorry. I should've told you I called Jonghyun."

"Hug?" Mikayla smiled motioning for a hug.

"Of course." Yuri said hugging Mikayla.

"But...I really have to go and my ride is outside." Yuri said pouting.

"Aw, well come back soon! I'll purchase something from your fashion website." Mikayla smiled waving goodbye to Yuri who left the house.

Mikayla walked into her bedroom and laid down. She laid her phone on the nearby desk and covered herself in blankets. It wasn't long before Mikayla fell fast asleep.

***

The next morning Mikayla woke up at 6:00am. She changed into yoga pants, exercise t-shirt, and her pink sneakers. She tied her hair in a ponytail and stretched a little bit.

"Okay... just about ready." Mikayla whispered to herself as she left her house.

She jogged around her neighborhood for about 45minutes, then she stopped in front of a coffee shop. She really craved for an ice coffee and her desires led her into the shop. She walked up to the counter, pulling her earbuds out of her ears.

"Hi, can I have one small ice coffee?" Mikayla said pulling a couple of dollars out of her pocket.

"Okay, here you go." The nice man at the counter said as he gave Mikayla her drink and took the money.

"Thank you." Mikayla said turning around, only to see Woohyun sitting alone at a booth looking at her.

"Oh, Nam. Hi." Mikayla said sitting down across the table from Woohyun.

"Hey Mikayla."

"SO look, you seemed really awkward last night. And I am extremely sorry if I caused that." Mikayla said.

"Do you believe in destiny?" Woohyun randomly asked.

"Why?"

"DO you?"

"Uhm...no I think people make a commitment and work at their relationship."

"Oh..."

"Why?"

"Nothing."

"Why?" Mikayla asked once again curiously.

"Mikayla, I can't stop thinking about you." Woohyun admitted.

Mikayla's face was shocked and surprised.

"Before you say anything, let me explain. Mikayla , I feel like there was a reason we met and became friends. This is really hard for me to say, so I am just going to say it... Mikayla, I lik-" Mikayla cut Woohyun off and kissed him over the table.

Mikayla blushed looking down after she sat again.

"What was that for?" Woohyun smiled.

"I think I like you too, but I don't  like clingy." Mikayla laughed.

"Clingy, no that's not me." Woohyun replied.

"Well, that means you have to support my job with SHINee."

"I do." Woohyun said holding Mikayla's hands.

"Soo...we're going to try to make this work?" Mikayla asked.

"Yeah...if you want to..." Woohyun said feeling embarrassed.

"I do want to." Mikayla moved out of her side of the booth and sat next to Woohyun.

"I have to finish running, but I'll call you." Mikayla smiled as she stood up to leave.

Woohyun stood up after her and grabbed her arm. He pulled her into his arms and kissed Mikayla. She smiled and threw her empty cup into the trash before jogging her way home. Woohyun left the coffee shop and walked home. He spun around street lamps and jumped over sidewalk cracks. He was extremely happy and nothing could ruin that.

***

Mikayla finally reached her home and crashed on the couch.

"Phew, that was good." Mikayla sighed to herself.

Mikayla hopped in the shower and changed into her robe. She had trouble deciding what to wear to her first day on the job. Mikayla sat down on the couch to think and accidentally dozed off until it was 4:00pm. She opened her eyes to see her digital clock.

"OH MY GOD!" Mikayla yelled jumping up and running into her bedroom to change. She finally decided on an outfit and quickly changed.

Mikayla wore a lime green and white splattered dress that puffed up at the bottom. She put on white heels and tied her hair that was straightened into a ponytail with tiny curls dangling. She left the house at 4:45 and made it to the concert hall at exactly 5:00pm. She entered the room to see a group of boys going over a dance.

"Hello." Mikayla bowed as she opened her make-up and hair suitcase.

"Hey Mikayla." Key said as she hugged her.

The boys stopped dancing and sat in the high chairs. Mikayla started to curl Key's hair and apply makeup. She then worked her way down to Taemin.

"Hi, Miki." Taemin said as he grabbed her wrist.

"What's up." Mikayla said casually as she straightened his hair and applied the correct amout of make-up to accent his cheekbones.

"I'm sorry."

"That's cool." Mikayla finished touching up on Taemin and awkwardly reached Jonghyun.

 The two didn't say a word and Taemin felt it was hard to watch. Mikayla finished applying his make up and straightening his blonde hair.

"Done." She whispered as she sat on the couch and pulled her phone out. She checked for messages and there were no new ones. Mikayla closed her phone as Taemin sat beside her.

"I'm sorry." He smiled again trying to be cute.

"I know, I said that's cool."

"Mikayla, wha-"

"I'm just here to do my job." Mikayla said standing up and pretended to fix Key's hair.

***

The SHINee boys performed a couple of songs on stage for a charity event and came back to the dressing room to collect their things. Mikayla was already heading home. It was late at night around 10pm.

"Where's Mikayla..?" Jonghyun asked the manager.

"She just left."

Jonghyun ran outside and followed Mikayla home. Once she reached the house door he screamed.

"MIkayla!"

"Jonghyun?"

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry okay, I miss you." Jonghyun admitted gasping for air.

Mikayla walked down the stairs to the house and stood directly infront of Jonghyun. Mikayla raised her hand to slap him, but Jonghyun grabbed her wrist to stop her.

"J-Jonghyun, you ignored me and left me! You didn't even have the nerve to tell me that we were breaking up!" Mikayla cried.

"I know...I'm stupid. I'm so sorry Mikayla, if there's anything I could do to make it up to you, I'll do it." Jonghyun whispered as he leaned in and kissed Mikayla.

Woohyun walked around the corner heading to Mikayla's house and saw this. He quickly turned around and headed back home.

"Jong...m-m-me and Woohyun are dating..." Mikayla said pulling away from Jonghyun.

"Since when....?" Jonghyun asked disappointedly.

"Today.." Mikayla sniffled.

Jonghyun scratched the back of his hair and turned around.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be here."

"Jong, wait!..." Mikayla yelled.

Jonghyun turned around.

"Come inside, it's late." Mikayla said turning to go inside. Jonghyun followed her as he entered the familiar place.

Mikayla changed into her bed clothes and made a cup of tea. She handed the tea to Jonghyun and headed to the bedroom.

"Miki..."

"Yeah?"

"Do you think we'd ever get back together?" Jonghyun asked sincerely. Mikayla turned around and sat on the couch next to him.

"I don't know Jong, things are complicated."

"Yeah, but you said you just started dating Woohyun. SO it's still early in the relationship."

"Jong, I want to try to make it work. If it doesn't, at least I'll know that I tried."

"Do you love him already?"

"Jonghyun...I love you, but I think I like him..."

"Just like?"

"I don't know it's complicated."

"How is it complicated?"

"Because I love you and I'm already dating someone else. Is that wrong..?" Mikayla asked.

"I love you too Mikayla, and no it's not wrong at all." Jonghyun assured putting one of his arms around her.

"Thank you for not being mad anymore."

"I can't stay angry at you...it's pointless. But Mikayla.."

"Yes?"

"I will always be your friend right?"

"Of course, we love eachother too much not to be friends."

"Good friends?" Jonghyun asked holding onto Mikayla's hands.

"Yes, great friends." Mikayla smiled with a tear falling down her face.

Mikayla walked into the bedroom and smiled with relief. She laid in bed and called Woohyun.