Do You Hear Me? Oh!

Matter Of Time

The phone rings a couple of times before someone picks up.

"Woohyun?" Mikayla said into the phone softly.

"Mhm..?" Woohyun replied.

"Sorry I'm calling so late. You must be sleeping right?"

"No, just uhm thinking."

"About what?"

"About you."

"Aw really?"

"And Jonghyun." Woohyun added.

"What?"

"I saw you two...kissing."

"Nam, it's not like that at all."

"I knew you were going to say that."

"No, Woohyun I'm serious. We're just friends."

Suddenly Jonghyun walked up to Mikayla's bedroom door and said "Bye Mikayla, I'm gonna go to the dorm now."

"Who was that?

"It was Jonghyun, but-"

"So he's just a friend right?" Woohyun asked.

"He is, I promise Nam." Mikayla said.

"Well, I think you should get some rest. Goodnight Mikayla." Woohyun said before hanging up.

"Goodnight..."Mikayla whispered to herself.

She closed her eyes and fell asleep.

***

Woohyun put his phone on his desk and fell asleep as well.

***

The next morning Woohyun woke up and left the house really fast. He couldn't wait to sip on a hot cup of coffee. He walked to the coffee shop and entered, he saw Jonghyun standing there ordering a coffee too.

"Jonghyun." Woohyun stated.

"Oh Hello Woohyun." Jonghyun said trying to avoid a conversation. Woohyun blocked him.

"Let's talk."

"Sure." Jonghyun said sitting down at a table.

"What's on your mind." Jonghyun asked.

"Mikayla and you."

"Oh why is that?"

"I don't know, maybe because you kissed her!"

"I didn't kiss her, she kissed me too."

"I don't care, you and Mikayla were a thing of the past."

"Well, the past always comes back around." Jonghyun smirked.

"Do you really think she is going to want you back?"

"Of course, she loves me."

"No Jonghyun she loved you!" Woohyun said clenching his hand in a fist.

"That's not what Mikayla said."

"What did she say?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Jonghyun...what did she say?"

"She said she loves me and THINKS she could like you."

"Jonghyun it is sad that you have to lie to yourself." Woohyun said hoping in his mind it wasn't true.

"It's funny how you don't believe your own girlfriend."

"No, Jonghyun I don't believe you!"

"She told me she loved me last night when she invited me in the house."

Woohyun paused for a moment to regroup his thoughts.

"Jonghyun, don't go near Mikayla ever again. Leave her alone and don't talk to her. Do you hear me?"

"What are you going to do shoot me with hand hearts?" Jonghyun laughed.

"I guess you'll find out when the time comes."

"Well, she works for SHINee so I am going to be near her." Jonghyun stated honestly.

"That's work and nothing more."

"Okay sure." Jonghyun chuckled.

"I'm serious Jonghyun, stay away from her." Woohyun stated as he left the coffee shop.

***

When Woohyun exited the coffee shop it was drizzling with small raindrops. As he walked towards Mikayla's house the rain started to get worse. He was almost afraid to knock on the door, but suddenly Mikayla opened it because she heard someone's foot steps.

"Woohyun, you're soaked."  Mikayla said reaching for his hand.

"Mikayla did you tell Jonghyun you loved him...and you think you like me?" Woohyun asked as raindrops hit his face.

"Nam...come inside."

"Mikayla I just need to know." Woohyun said.

"Woohyun I didn't mean it that way."

"So you said it?"

"Please come inside."

Woohyun turned around to head home when the raindrops hit him even harder than before. He knew that if he walked away he'd be making a mistake. He turned around and walked into the house. Mikayla brought out a couple of Infinite clothes she got when she worked for their group and handed them to Woohyun.

"I think these will fit." Mikayla said as she turned to make tea.

Woohyun walked into the bathroom to dry himself off and change. When he walked out Mikayla was holding a big hamper of clothes.

"Here you can put your clothes in here, I have to do the laundry anyway." Mikayla said. Woohyun put the clothes in the hamper and sat down on the couch.

Mikayla walked down into the basement and put the clothes in the washing machine. Suddenly Woohyun appeared behind her.

"Do you have work today?" Woohyun asked.

"Uhm yeah in an hour." Mikayla responded.

"I'll finish the laundry for you, you should get changed." Woohyun said trying to smile.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Okay thanks." Mikayla smiled as she brushed his arm before leaving the basement.

***

About 45 minutes later Mikayla was finished changing. She wore purple skinny jeans with a black hoodie that had small purple wings on the back. She had her black combat boots on and wore a beanie over her braided hair. She walked down to the basement to see Woohyun folding clothes.

"Are you ready to go to work?" Woohyun asked.

"Yep just about, and thanks I was really behind on laundry." Mikayla smiled.

"Okay, I'll walk you." Woohyun said as they exited the house with an umbrella.

"Nam, are you mad at me?"

"No, not at all." He smiled as he grabbed her hand.

"Good." She said as she wrapped one of her arms around his waist.

"Ah when will this rain stop." Mikayla pouted.

"The weather channel said it should finish at about 8 pm."

"Ah, 3 hours is too long from now."

"At least you'll be inside."

The two finally reached the concert hall.

"Mikayla, I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at myself."

"Why?" Mikayla asked before Woohyun quickly embraced her and followed up with a kiss.

"Because you doubt your feelings for me. That is why it is my mission to make you like me."

"But I already like you."

"No you don't like, like me. But you will." Woohyun smiled.

"Nam."

"Mark my words Lee Mikayla, I will get you to like me because I really like you."

"You're weird Nam." Mikayla said watching Woohyun walk away.

"MIKAYLA WILL LIKE WOOHYUN SOON!" Woohyun yelled as he walked away holding the umbrella.

Mikayla laughed and walked into the building smiling. She entered the SHINee dressing room and placed her suitcase down as usual. All the boys were already seated in the high chairs.

After a couple of hours Mikayla finished applying make-up and fixing their hair. The boys began practicing singing their song , "Dream Girl." It was towards the ending verse where Jonghyun holds a note out. Mikayla looked up when she heard Jonghyun singing and saw he was staring at her with his dark blue contacts She immediantly looked away when their eyes met. The SHINee boys stood up and chanted their good luck words. One by one they exited the room and Jonghyun stopped to talk to Mikayla.

"Hi friend."

"Hi, good luck." Mikayla said as she packed up her stuff.

"Are you not watching the performance?"

"No I should probably get home it's 8."

"Okay, maybe next time." Jonghyun said as he flashed a smile that made Mikayla's heart skip a beat in the past. He quickly caught up to the other boys and prepared to get on stage.

Mikayla walked out of the building to see a dark gray sky. It was extremely humid outside and Mikayla hated the humidity. She began walking home when someone came up behind her and picked her up. He spun her around until she started laughing.

"Hello Mikayla." Woohyun smiled.

"Why hello there." She laughed as Woohyun put her down and grabbed her suitcase to hold for her.

"So how was work?"

"It was work, nothing special." Mikayla shrugged

"Wanna go do something?"

"Sure, but should I change?"

"No what you're wearing is fine, let's just drop this off at your house." Woohyun said pointing at the suitcase.

"Okay so where should we go?"

"I was thinking we'd go to a little cafe and just relax. You don't have work tomorrow do you?"

"Okay and nope."

"Okay." Woohyun said as he placed the make-up kit in Mikayla's house.

***

"Come on Nam, where are we going? We passed the cafe I usually go to about 20 minutes ago."

"Haha, we're here." Woohyun said letting go of Mikayla's hand and holding the door open for her. They entered a karaoke cafe called Sip A Song.

"I have never been here." Mikayla said gazing at the beautiful atmosphere.

"Uhm find a table, I'll be back."

"Okay." Mikayla said sitting down at the nearest table.

Woohyun walked up to a guy near the DJ booth.

"Hi where can I sign up to perform?" Woohyun asked.

"Just write your name right here." The man said handing Woohyun a clipboard.

"Thanks." Woohyun replied writing down two names.