SHORT Intervention

Matter Of Time

"Miki what's wrong? I came as soon as I could." Jonghyun asked rushing out of the car.

Mikayla's face rose up in a confused look.

"Jong, are we supposed to be together?"

"Miki, where is this coming from?" Jonghyun sat next to Mikala who was shivering a bit.

"I uh, have been asked to be apart of a girl group..." Mikayla smiled.

"Really? That sounds great, how long is training?" Jonghyun asked.

"They uhm said I don't need training."

"Miki, that's awesome, but what's the problem?"

"Woohyun..."

"Does Woohyun not want you to do it?"

"He wants me to, but only because he has to date an idol...."

"Miki?"

"Yes?"

"Do you like Woohyun? A lot?" Jonghyun asked looking directly at Mikayla.

"Jong..."

"It's okay Mikayla, we are just friends."

"I uhm....really like him, like a lot. Could I love him? I don't know, it's too soon to tell." Mikayla stated with all honesty.

"Take the job. You love singing, and you're obviously in love with him, so take the job." Jonghyun said putting air quotes around in love.

"I'm scared Jong."

"Of what?"

"Becoming something I'm not..."

"Mikayla, did I change once SHINee became famous?" Jonghyun asked sincerely.

"Honestly?"

"Yes, honestly."

"You became more concerned about your appearance. We couldn't go on a date unless you had your mirror with you and a comb." Mikayla chuckled.

"Ha, I'm sorry Miki, if I failed you during our relationship." Jonghyun chuckled back.

"You didn't though. If anything I failed our relationship, you made it stronger. You were an incredible boyfriend, you took me in when literally no one wanted me. I don't know what I'll ever do to repay you." Mikayla smiled as she grabbed Jonghyun's right hand.

"Thanks Miki, but there is one thing you can do."Jonghyun said placing his left hand on top of hers.

"What?"

"Take the job." Jonghyun smiled.

"Seriously?" Mikayla pulled her phone out of her bag and handed it to Jonghyun.

Jonghyun dialed Woollim HR's number and handed the phone back to Mikayla.

***

Hello?

Hello, this is Woollim Entertainment's Human Resources, how may I help you?

This is Lee Mikayla calling on behalf of a job offer.

Uhm wait one second while I direct you to Mr.Parker.

Hello?

Hi, is this Mr.Parker?

Yes.

I'm Lee Mikayla calling about a job offer.

Ah yes the new group called Infinity Girls, we would really liked if you joined our team.

Uhm...I do want to join.

Fantastic! Come by tomorrow to sign a couple of papers and get your schedule. You also to need to grow some sort of bond with the girls so we'd like if you moved in with them at our company dorm.

Company dorm?

Yes all of our groups live in a building, the Infinity Girl's dorm is room 104.

Okay.

You don't have to move in right away , but we'd rather you at least spend a couple nights there.

Okay sure,  thank you.

No thank you, don't forget to stop by tomorrow morning to sign some papers

Okay will do, good bye.

***

"I'm...."

"What?" Jonghyun asked curiously.

"I'm apart of Infinity Girls!" Mikayla squealed as she embraced Jonghyun.

Her familiar scent hit Jonghyun as he couldn't help but smile.

"One thing." Mikayla said pulling away.

"What's that?"

"I'm locked out of the house." Mikayla laughed.

Jonghyun pulled a key out of his pocket and placed it in Mikayla's hand.

"Here, I made a copy of the key, I guess in hopes we'd get back together. But...uhm, I think that's over." Jonghyun smiled scratching the back of his neck.

"'Jong, thank you so much." Mikayla grabbed Jonghyun's hand and kissed his cheek.

"You're welcome." Jonghyun said as he hugged Mikayla once more before she walked into the house.

"Good bye." Mikayla waved as she walked into the house and closed the door.

She smiled and jumped around the house.

"I'm going to be an IDOL!" She hummed as she changed into bed clothes and lied down.

Mikayla curled up on the bed and set her alarm to 5 am. Her wide eyes slowly faded away as she fell asleep.

 

________________________________________

I hope you like the story so far! This chapter was short, but very important, so keep looking out for the next chapter!! ^__^