Chapter 1 : Much Needed Success

Matter Of Time

           In a clean black and white dressing room, where there are hair spray cans and hair styling tools everywhere. There are 7 handsome boys sitting in tall chairs with their hair just about perfect with an exception of one boy.

"Nam! Stop touching it." A pretty girl with a purple top that had a tiny Infinite logo on the corner yelled playfully at Woohyun.

"Ay, I look funny!" Woohyun retorted.

"I wasn't done that's why."

"Namu, let the Noona finish!" Sungjong whined.

"Sungjong, I told you, you can call me Mikayla."

"I know, but Noona is much more formal." Sungjong smiled.

"Myungsoo ah, don't lay down your hair might mess up!" Mikayla said rushing to Myungsoo picking his head up.

"I'm tired, though." Myungsoo stressed.

"I am too, but I'm not sleeping." Mikayla sassed.

Mikayla now rushing to Dongwoo, where his tiny painted heart in his hair is now a mess.

"Oh no Dongwoo don't move, I'll get the hair spray and fix this."

After a couple of minutes the heart was now perfectly visable.

"Hey Mikayla! My hair isn't done." Woohyun called out.

"Ah, you boys are awfully fussy today."

"We just want to perform already."

"Well, you have about an hour left." Mikayla said as she fumbled with Woohyun's hair.

"Nam! It's perfect now, don't mess it up."

"B-but this piece is sticking up." Woohyun laughed as his messed with his hair.

"Ay, Woohyun stop playing around! Let Mikayla do her job, so we can run the lyrics again!" Sunggyu stated firmly showing tension in his voice.

Woohyun stopped touching his hair and fiddled with his fingers as Mikayla put the finishing touches on his hair.

"Done." Mikayla whispered as he patted Woohyun's shoulder gently. Suddenly she had a warmth feel on her wrist, as Woohyun held her wrist,

"Thank you." Woohyun said giving his dashing smile.

Mikayla walked to the couch on the other side of the dressing room and sat down. She stayed to hear the boys practice and later watch the concert since her boyfriend couldn't pick her up right away

(Mikayla's phone)

M :Hey Jonghyun, I'm just gonna watch the boy's concert, kay??

J: K, call me when it's over.

M: Has your practice been extended?

J: Yeah, we have to get this last dance down :(

M: Aw, well good luck ^_^

J: Thanks, Miki

Mikayla puts her phone down to see Woohyun looking at her.

"Oo, Mikayla, texting your boyfriend?"

"No..!" Mikayla said defensively.

"Woohyun, pay attention you just missed your line!" Sunggyu scolded.

"I'll wait in another room.." Mikayla whispered as she exited the tension filled room.

***

"Grandpa! Why are you so grumpy." Woohyun yelled.

"I don't want us to mess up and you need to start taking this serious!" Sunggyu screamed back.

"Guys, let's just finish this." Hoya added.

"Myungsoo start it off." Sunggyu said in a softer voice.

***

Mikayla grabbed her ticket from her boss before thanking him. Mikayla enters the dressing room to help the boys put their ties on correctly.

"Dongwoo come here, please."

"Yes?"

Mikayla fixed Dongwoo's collar and re-tied his tie.

"Oh thank you."

Mikayla grabs the makeup brushes and puts a tiny bit of blush to help accent the sharp jawlines on Hoya.

"Okay, you guys look ready."

"Thank you Mikayla."

"Thanks."

"Thank you Noona."

"Okay, good luck you guys." Mikayla smiled as she walked to the door.

"Mikayla, aren't you watching the show?" Sungyeol asked.

"Mhm." She replied.

Mikayla entered the pit where there were hundreds of screaming fans waiting for Infinite's arrival. She found her seat in the front row next to empty seats saved for the manager.

"INFINITE SARANGHAE!" A fan screeched as the 7 boys appeared on stage well dressed.

Mikayla smiled in pride as she whispered to herself, "They look good."

At the end of the boy's performance of Come Back Again, Sungjong notices Mikayla.

***

"Nam, Noona is here."

"Where?"

"In the front." Sungjong yelled over the screams as he pointed at Mikayla.

***

"Why is he pointing at me?" Mikayla said to herself.

The boys were now performing Be Mine. Woohyun lifted his shirt towards the end and pointed directly at Mikayla. She laughed as the fans went completely nuts. The concert was finally coming to an end and Mikayla wanted to exit quickly so she could call Jonghyun. Mikayla went back to the dressing room and dialed Jonghyun's number.

"Hello?"

"Miki?"

"The concert is over, can you pick me up?"

"Uhm...Miki, can you get a ride? Practice has been extended further since there are extra steps to the dance."

"Oh o..kay."

"I'm sorry Miki."

"It's fine, but you make sure they don't work you too hard!"

"Haha, okay thanks Miki."

"Bye Jong."

"Bye."

Mikayla put her phone into her purse after hanging up. Suddenly, the seven boys walk into the dressing room screaming in excitement.

"Whoooo!"

"Ahh I'm so tired!"

"Good job you guys." Mikayla added into the excitement.

"Thank you." The boys one by one said as they exit the room.

Mikayla grabs Woohyun's arm.

"Nam?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think you can take me home, my ride can't make it?"

"Uhm yeah sure, do you live far?"

"No just a couple of blocks."

"Okay, we're walking."

"O..kay, fine with me. I mean as long as you're not going to pass out or anything."

"Haha, I won't."

Mikayla released Woohyun's arm and followed him out of the back exit of the building.

"So what happened to your ride, doesn't he usually pick you up early?"

"His practice got extended because they're learning a new dance."

"Oh, tell him to say hi to Key for me."

"Ha okay."

Mikayla's phone suddenly rings.

"Hello?"

"Mikayla?"

"Yeah?"

"I'll be at the apartment a little late, I'm sorry they keep extending our practice because Onew is having troubles with this one part."

"Hey Jong, I said it was fine. You have your key right?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, well I'll see you later alright?"

"Okay, thanks Miki you're the best."

"Ha, I am, aren't I?"

"Mkay, bye Miki."

"Bye bye." Mikayla smiled as she hung up her phone.

Woohyun looks at Mikayla and nudges her shoulder.

"Aren't we here?"

"Oh yeah thanks Woohyun."

"You're welcome."

"Nam, do you want to come inside for a bit? It gets kind of lonely waiting for Jonghyun to come back from dance practice."

"Uhm, sure thanks."

Mikayla unlocks the door and lets Woohyun enter before relocking it. Woohyun observes the neat apartment with colorful picture frames and throw pillows. He spots a picture of Mikayla and the rest of Infinite on a nearby bookshelf.

"Ew, why do you have this picture, I look like a mess." Woohyun joked.

"Ha, whatever Nam, want some americano?"

"No thanks, I should really go now, I think the boys are worrying."

"Okay, well be careful, you don't want to get kidnapped by fangirls."

"It's fine I'll just blind them with my abs."

"I think you already did that at your concert." Mikayla laughed as she walked Woohyun to the door.

"Oh you're right. "

"Bye Nam."

"Bye."

Mikayla closed the door slowly making sure Woohyun didn't look back as she closed it.

She sat down on her couch watching television as she slowly fell asleep. A couple of hours later, someone quietly unlocks the door and enters making sure not to wake up Mikayla. It was Jonghyun and she quickly spots Mikayla sleeping on the couch. He takes a shower and changes into a more comfortable outfit. Jonghyun turns off the television and without troubles, picks up Mikayla and places her gently on the bed in the other room. He lays next to her and falls asleep with his arm wrapped around her.

***

"There you are Woohyun!" Sungjong exclaimed as Woohyun entered their dorm.

"Hey, we celebrated without you...where were you?" Sunggyu asked.

"I had to walk Mikayla home, she didn't have a ride." Woohyun replied tired.

"Woohyun, she has a boyfriend." Sunggyu stated making Sungjong go to his bedroom just like the other members.

"I know that hyung, she just needed someone to walk her home. The streets are scary." Woohyun joked.

"I'm serious." Sunggyu said grabbing Woohyun's shoulder.

"Okay..I got it." Woohyun said walking into his room ready to sleep.

Sunggyu sighs and heads to his room with a worried and distressed look on his face.