Not a bad thing

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Life always offers you a second chance. It’s called tomorrow…”

 

As soon as I set my foot on the hall on the Empire, my eyes caught a glimpse of Chaerin and Yuri at the corner of the room and automatically, a wide smile formed on my lips. Her crazy antics a few weeks ago had made my heart fluttered tremendously every time I remembered all the moments.

Her smile, her gaze, her childish behaviour and her brief kiss had driving me insane.

I was petrified.

“You look beautiful tonight…as always,” I said as I standing next to her. Yuri had gone to meet a few friends and it left me alone with Chaerin.

She smiled brightly. Her face lit up with the compliment I gave her. “You’re not the only one who said that…but thank you.”

I smirked and grabbed a glass of champagne from the passing waitress.

“You’re alone,” I muttered, sipping my drink. “I thought you will be cuddling the teddy bear.”

She shot a glare at me and I’m just chuckled. She looked more beautiful when she’s mad.

“Do you have a problem with him?”

“No, of course not. Why would I have a problem with him?” I gulped the drink and put the empty glass on the nearby table.

“I don’t know. You, tell me.” She folded her arms and looked at me on the eyes. “Ever since you came back, all you did was finding fault with him. Why did you do that?”

I clenched my teeth as I spoke. “Because…he’s not playing fair.” I lifted my gaze to stare at her. “Every time I asked you out, you rejected because of him. I wanted to buy you lunch or dinner or even breakfast, but you declined my offers. But when it comes to him…you agreed with everything. How fair is that? You never give me a chance to prove myself…to make you see that I’m the better man.”

“Everything is fair in love…and war,” she said softly with an alluring smile.

She began to take a step away from me but I managed to grab her arm and turned her around. “You’re playing games, aren’t you?”

She peeled my hands off her. “I’m not,” she admitted. “…and you know it.”

Nearing my face to her, I whispered, “If a war you want, a war you’ll get.”

We’re both stared at each other’s eyes until I heard a sudden cough at the back of my head. Chaerin and I startled and as I turned around, Teddy’s face greeted my view.

“Hey, did I disturb you?”

Yes, you are, Teddy Bear. Go sit with the Nutcracker and watch Mickey and Pluto dancing in the rain.

“No, you’re not,” Chaerin responded immediately. “Seungri just said that….the party was awesome and…the music’s great.”

No, I’m not.

Chaerin moved to his side and clasped her hands on his arm.

“Glad you enjoyed the music. The musicians were working for my company and if you’re interested to have them for your event…well, feel free to contact me.”

“Sure, I will.” I smiled and took the business card he gave me. “Well, if you excuse me…my date has just arrived.”

Smiling smugly, I strode to Lydia who was standing at the threshold with her stunning purple dress. She smiled at me and I took her hand, leading her to the crowd.

 

We danced side by side on the dance floor. I’m with Lydia and she with the Teddy Bear. I smiled at her and she smirked at me.

I was happy to incite her. And I’m more than a willing to set her in fire.

I was ready to burn in her rage.

She was jealous, I know. Being with her for years made me understand her completely. She tried hard to suppress her feeling but I know better, she’s not good at that. She’s like an open book. Everyone who was keen enough would be able to know what’s in her heart…and mind.

The music changed and everyone was exchanging partners.  After dancing with a few people, Chaerin finally came into my arms.

Her face was hard. Her gaze was cold.

But her hands were shaking and her lips were trembling. She was avoiding my gaze the whole time and I was trying hard to meet her eyes.

“I thought you were trying to win my heart,” she murmured suddenly.

I was startled but I smiled quickly to hide my surprise. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter