Pieces of me

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m proud of my heart. It’s been played, stabbed, cheated, burned and broken, but somehow still works…”

 

“You’re in love with love, Seungri. Not with the person.”

“What do you mean?”

“You’re obsessing with love. You thought of a perfect love, where you love her and she ought to love you back. And when she’s not, you’re mad with her. You want to own her; you want her to belong only to you and no one else. You can’t own people, Seungri…you can only own their affection, their love. Not their life. And you can’t force people’s feeling.”

My conversation with Lydia yesterday rang in my mind when I woke up this morning. Drowsily, I jumped from my bed to the bathroom with Lydia’s velvety voice still lingered on my mind.

Love is sure complicated.

And how I suddenly dragged into this mess, was remained unknown.

 I dressed up as usual, grey suit with deep blue tie. My black dishevelled hair was styled in more refine way but still, in disarray. As soon as I stepped outside of the room, I strode to Ha Yi’s room and saw her peaceful sleeping face. A smile crept up into my face and my heart grew warmer as I stared at her. I planted a kiss on her forehead and slowly I left her room quietly.

I stood in front of Chaerin’s closed door with thumping heart. I have some plans in my mind and felt a little afraid to execute it.

I’m not afraid of her.

It just…I’m afraid to fail. As I knew another failure will only hurts me more.

Before I’m succeeded in gathering all the pieces of my courage, the door flung open. Chaerin’s hard cold face was shocked to find me there early in the morning.

My heart skipped a beat. I swallowed thickly.

“Hey,” I choked hoarsely. “Morning.”

She looked at me confusingly. “Morning,” she mumbled.

I smiled faintly at her, but she just stared at me without saying anything more. I waited for her to say something as I don’t know how to start without sounding to awkward or embarrassing.

It’s hard to say anything after a huge fight or…a sudden conciliation.

“You’re not mad anymore?” she voice out, breaking the silence.

I forced a smile. “I’ll be a liar if I say I’m not but…I prefer to not thinking about that anymore. A past is a past. I only want to cherish the present.”

She ran her gaze up and down and finally stayed on my face. “You seem a little…different.”

“Am I?” I said smugly and jerked my jacket confidently. “I’m feeling normal.”

She chuckled softly. “So what are you doing here?”

“I…just…want to collect…our deal,” I stammered. Must be the nerves.

“What deal?” She crossed her arms and continued to stare.

“Our deal,” I said firmly. “You and I…husband and wife.”

“Ah, that.”

“Yes, that.” I grinned widely. “We had wasted our time with the useless bickering, and I think this is the time that we should start the clock. Thirty days from today, we will promise to be good to each other. No more arguing, no more hatred. For a month, we will be a very loving couple, who love each other till death. That’s the deal.”

She let out a sigh. “Fine. Whatever makes you happy, Seungri.” She pushed me slightly and strutted to the stairs. Her floral blouse flared upon her long proud pace.

“Hey, that’s not the way,” I said hastily, stopping her step.

She turned around to me again crinkling her eyebrows. “What way?”

With a smile on my bright face I moved closer to her and lifted her up swiftly. “This way.”

“What are you doing?” she shouted. “Put me down.”

She struggled in my arms and I squeezed her tightly. “Can you just stay put or both of us will fall down the stairs and break our limbs.”

She stayed quiet and stopped moving abruptly. “From now on, every morning I’ll carry you down, bridal style.” I flashed a wide ear to ear smile.

“You’re being ridiculous. I can walk on my own; I don’t need a husband to carry me around. What if you broke your back?

“Thank you for your concern, but that was unnecessary, sweetheart. I’m born with a great strength; you don’t have to worry a thing. I’ll be just fine.”

She scoffed and ran her gaze down t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter