Complication

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“If you knew how I felt, you’d understand why I’m ing angry at you, why I hate you so much right now…”

 

 

“Have I told you how lovely you look tonight?” I said as I opened the passenger door for her.

“No, but thank you,” she said smiling, coming out from the vehicle slowly while lifting up her long dragging dress.

Then I offered her a hand and when she took it, I put her hand on my arm and both of us walked to the entrance of Hilton’s lobby hall.

Tonight was the charity event for Sakura Holding owned by Yuri’s family that was first started by her diligence father. The guesses were some political persons, kpop idol, company shareholders, private companies’ representatives and a bunch of riches brat like me who unlike me they loved to show off their wealth. I mean, was anyone here any different than them? What’s the point flaunting your branded begs or watch to someone else who has the same things like yours? And even when they don’t have them, it doesn’t mean that they don’t afford to have it. We’re almost equal here, who cares if you have more money than I am?

As I walked inside, some people who know me or to be honest, knew my father, started to greet and some were giving so much respect to me like I was the President of South Korea. I bowed politely to them, thinking that I was doing this for my father’s sake, for his name and his honour.

Standing in the wide hall, I scanned all the people in the room and my eyes caught Seunghyun hyung and Yuri standing beside a foreign couple. I felt Chaerin’s grasp on my arm fell loose, and when I turned to her, she already fled to Yuri, greeting everyone’s there and smiling brightly.

There she goes, I whispered to myself.

I moved to the bar, and for the next fifteen minutes, I was hanging there with a glass of champagne in my hand. I watched all the people as I sat on the stool, most of them were with familiar faces and some of them I never seen before. And I don’t even care to associate with them.

As I kept drinking the champagne, my gaze travelled far across the room to where Chaerin stood elegantly. With a glass in hand, she laughed beautifully, she smiled dazzlingly and I could feel my heart skipped a beat. With my pulsating nerves, I stared at her in awe like a bird gazing at its beloved moon.

My gaze shifted to her company and my heart started to crumble into thousands of sharp pieces and it hurts like I’ve been slayed. Excruciating and pathetic.

Senghyun hyung.

Both of them stood together among the crowd, sharing inside jokes that only belong to them and suddenly I felt like I was being the third wheel in this relationship. Like I was the one who disturb the happy couple.

And for some odd reasons, they do looked good together.

I sighed gently and turned my face from them, as my heart couldn’t bare the weight anymore. I felt sick to the core. And I sank deeper to the centre of the earth as they swallowed me, little by little. Eating me alive.

“Never thought to see you again outside the club."

I turned to meet the voice as a woman stood beside me at the bar. My brain running around to fetch the information about her and the only word that I could muster was ‘you’ in a shocked and puzzling tone.

“Lydia,” she stated calmly. “I presumed you had lost my number and…my name.”

“I’m sorry,” I apologized sincerely. “I was having a little…”

“Complication,” she interrupted with a smile and a raised brow.

I chuckled. “Yes.”

“So that’s mean, wifey at home?” she asked.

“Nope, she’s here to be honest.”

“Where is she? I like to meet her and I want to confess to her about how lucky she was of having you as her husband.”

Smiling smugly I pointed to Chaerin. “There, the most beautiful woman in the room.”

Lydia turned to the crowd and whispered. "She is beautiful.”

“I’ve told you,” I said with a proud grin. “I’m not a liar.”

“Lee Chaerin…and that’s make you, Lee Seungri, the only son and heir to the Lee Group and the Art

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter