Endevour

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sometimes, you have to try not to care, no matter how much you do. Because, sometimes, you mean nothing to someone who means everything to you…”

 

“Tell me about her.”

Smile tugged on my lips as I listened to her smooth steady voice glided through the air to reach my ears. I lifted my eyes to Lydia who was staring warmly at me with her brown sultry eyes.

The reason why I hanged out with her this afternoon in Mango Six was because I needed someone to talk to. Someone who knew absolutely nothing about how I feel, yet knows so much about everything. Maybe she was a witch in her previous life or she just being a little observant as she told me. Besides, she did offer her help. And because of that, I called Seunghyun hyung on 2 o’clock in the morning just to have her number.

Lydia Paek is a fashion designer, the owner of an apparel brands, The Garment, twenty six years old and still single. Something that I found hard to believe.

I breathed slowly, taking some time before answering her question. “She’s the girl that has a few best friends and doesn’t need anyone, the girl that laughs the hardest at her own jokes. The girl that expect way too much. Doesn’t care what anyone thinks, and is nice to everyone. She’s the girl that will hang up on you, but then call you right back and say sorry. The kinda girl that will put all her trust in you until you give her reason not to. She’s the girl who will never leave your side when you need her, the girl who will go out of her way to cheer you up. She’s the girl who says she isn’t ticklish, but really is. She’s the girl who will not give up on you if she really believes in you. She believes in loving someone forever.”

Our gaze locked to each other.

Silent.

She sighed. “She’s lucky to have you loving her that much.”

I smiled faintly.

Yes, she is lucky. Lucky to have me, head over heel for her. Loving her unconditionally and irrevocably, drive me mad and over my limit of my insanity but yet, I love her. Our relationship went from hate, to happiness, to love, to doubt, to fight, to stress, to pain, to regrets, to memories that won’t go away.

“What have you done to win her heart?” she asked.

“Everything, almost everything.”

“What is everything?” Her eyes fluttered beautifully.

“I mean, everything that a guy possibly doing to a woman. Giving her presents, compliment, doing whatever she likes…”

“What kind of present?” she interrogated endlessly and I felt like I was in a police station, committed a very serious crime.

“Well, like all the women want. Branded handbag, jewellery, red roses, perfume…” I shot a confuse gaze at her. “Why did you ask? Did you think I don’t know how to please a woman?”

She said nothing just smiling brilliantly. She shifted her gaze to the crowded traffic. Rush hour. People were rushing to grab a lunch in a limited break.

“Well…listening to your choice of gifts does reflect of what’s your thought about women.”

“Explain,” I demanded impatiently.

She heaved a heavy sigh and leaned closer to the table. “Women are not the same. We have a very distinct feature and characteristic. Unique individuality. And sometimes we like different thing. You can’t just group us together and treated us the same way that you treat others.” She rested her back to the chair again. “So, did she like the presents?”

“I think.” She raised an eyebrow and I elaborated my short remark. “I’ve never seen her carrying the bag or wearing the jewellery. Maybe it’s still stashed somewhere in her drawer and the red roses… were in the ru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter