Circle

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   “What can I do?

I gave you everything and I devoted myself to you.

Now all I have left is only you.

Don’t avoid me anymore…”

 

It’s been a while since I was here. Jeju Island. But everything was still the same. The same fresh air, the same sweet fragrance and the same lovely house. The last time I was here was when Chaerin still pregnant with Ha Yi and her grandparent was being crazy about her.

They fed her all bitter medicines and she had to sneak in the drinks and threw it away. Sometimes, I had to drink it on her behalf.

And right now, I was here again, wanting to start over.

“What are you talking about? Are you out of your mind?” she screamed.

Chaerin’s loud shrieking voice startling me.  I was not ready for an answer or excuse. As I stared at her face I noticed that she had changed her hair colour-back to black again. And my daydream had comes true.

Still standing at the threshold, she added, “We’re over, Seungri and I don’t want to continue of what we already left off.”

“I don’t want to continue our relation. We’re done, I get it. But…I want to start over.”

“Why? Don’t tell me that you’re still in love with me,” she snickered. “…because that’s ridiculous.”

“What if it’s true?”

She gulped and she watched me silently.

“I was just saying,” I continued. “…as a divorcee, I happened to be attracted to another beautiful divorcee…and I…”

My words had been cut as she slammed the door right in front of my face. I cringed from the pain on my nose and took a step back. My hand was automatically moved to the source of the pain.

“Yah, I flew here from Seoul just to see you and this is how you pay me. You broke my nose!” I yelled and tripped on the stairs. I fell to the hard ground and the pain on my stomach started to creep in. I endured with gritted teeth and balled fist.

Great! Just…fantastic!

“I was rejected and now I fell from the stairs. What a huge misfortune!” I muttered solemnly, rubbing off the dirt from my pants.

I heard a creak on the door and Chaerin stood with her arms crossed. “Come on in,” she said with a sigh. “Have some coffee before going home.”

She helped me up and I followed her inside with a grin.

I guess there’s a hope after all.

 

I squeezed shut my eyelids from the blaring light as I stared out from the balcony. The sun was high up in the sky and the cloud was nowhere to be found. Just a clear blue summer sky.

“Remind me, why are we here again?” I asked as I turned around.

“It’s for my wedding,” Jiyong answered cheerfully with a glass of red wine in his hand. “Which will be happening tonight.”

“Right!” I mumbled. “But why Vegas? And both of you…were practically living together and doing…all the nasty stuff…why would you want to get married?”

Jiyong chuckled. “We just want to make it official and…as we’re at it, why don’t we pop up a little fun. Vegas are the city of hope…making your entire wish came true.”

I smiled at him. I remembered seeing him all jittery, asking Seunghyun hyung and Taeyang for some advices before he proposed to Daesung. And man, he looked like he wanted to explode with all the tension and reeling emotion he felt inside.

But Daesung was falling for him. There’s nothing that I could do to save him. And he already gave his life to Jiyong. I don’t really know why Jiyong had to feel so much anxiety when Daesung was already his other half, his soul mate. I guess everyone had their own fear. And losing someone you love was the greatest concern.

“So where’s everyone?” I asked. From the moment I landed on this land, I found no one. Except Jiyong who was smiling ear to ear. He told me that I was the last to arrive and everyone was already here but until this second, the wide hotel was occupying with just two humans.

“Seunghyun hyung and Tae were accompanying the ladies…going shopping and sightseeing and Dae…”

“The bride’s getting ready for the wedding by going to the spa for a massage,” I finished his explanation.

He laughed softly. “He just was settling down a few documents. And besides…who’s the bride?” I watched him swallowed the wine and took a seat on the beige couch, giggling.

I rolled my eyes. “Right!” I muttered. “You’re really going to get married, aren’t you?” I said as I walked to the living room and sat in front of him on the couch.

“Yes,” he said smiling widely. “And you are actually being invited. I bet you never thought you’d get to go to a gay wedding.”

“Not in a million years,” I chuckled. “I’m happy for you hyung.”

He put down the empty glass wine and smiled again. “Thank you. And I’m happy for you too.”

I crinkled my eyebrows and he continued.

“It took a lot of courage to open your heart to her again.”

I smiled faintly. “I guess everyone does deserve a second chance,” I shrugged and leant my back comfortably. “Enough about me. This is your day. Your night. You’re the one who supposed to be on the spotlight.”

 

The wedding was simple. Just like a gath

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter