Nine : Photographs

Switch

 

Himchan dropped his aching muscles into the comfortable bed and moaned softly as his body touched the smooth surface. His bag already being thrown somewhere in the room and he didn’t even bother to change. Today had been exhausting. There’re student council’s endless works and the crazy janggu practice. The school culture fest is slowly approaching and it meant double the works for him –and Yongguk.

He seriously wanted to reconsider his choice, maybe he shouldn’t have taken the position in the first place. It turned out to be a whole lot of works. But then, what would Yongguk do without him? That guy couldn’t even survive a day without his existence –believe it or not.

‘You got a message!’

Himchan took his phone from his pocket and smiled. It was Yongguk and his usual ‘encouraging text’ that he always sent for the student council members after a long day of work –who in this case, is Himchan only.

 

From: Gukkie

Thanks for all your hardwork today!

It’s impossible to keep going if it’s not for you guys.

Let’s work even more harder tomorrow and don’t forget to get some rest...

 

See?

Well, it was actually quite amusing. Someone as  tough-looking and scary as Yongguk actually sending something this cute to people. Himchan was glad that he’s the only member, at least he could save Yongguk from embarassing himself even further. After he typed his usual ‘You should be glad that you have me’ remark, he throw his phone away and walked slowly to the computer in his desk. He was tired but hell he needed something to refresh his brain.

While waiting for his computer to boot, his mind aimlessly drifted into today’s events and it instantly came back to Daehyun, or to be exact—Daejae. That ship was really something, he had become somewhat obsessed with it. Everything just so damn mysterious. No matter how many times he gave the silver-haired boy hints, he didn’t seem to get it. Or, he pretended not to.

At first he thought that the fangirls only overreacted, then he though that it was the same scheme that he used with Yongguk, but in the end he was sure that it was none of the above. Something definitely going on between the boys, and it tortured him to not knowing anything. God bless his curious soul.

He logged in into the forum right after he got his connection. Roaming around in the forum was his little guilty pleasure, and he’ll always found himself inside whenever he felt like exploding into tiny little pieces. After lurking into the Daejae tag for awhile, the blinking red envelope symbol in the corner soon caught his attention.

‘I wonder who was it from....’

He clicked the icon, and lazily scanned the message. His bored expression brightened when he finally got what it meant.

 

Hello, dear Daejae shippers.

Here I am, Baby-Z and my precious collection of your OTP’s interactions. Getting tired with all the blur phone-taken photos? Or bad angles? You can purchase my high-quality images of your OTP with a reasonable price. This is this week collection, I’ll only sell one picture for one buyer so be quick or you’ll lose to others ;-)

Message me if you want to purchase!

 

Himchan bursted out laughing at the content. What? So someone actually do this? And people actually want to buy it for real? This popularity and pairing business has escalated into a whole new level.

He shook his head as he take a closer look into the watermarked preview.

Well, this was indeed precious.

*****

 

“Daehyuuuuun!!!!!”

The silver-haired boy massaged his temple in annoyance, Mrs. Yoo chuckled at their antics. The house had become merrier since Daehyun came to the family. Well, his loud son becoming even louder that’s it.

“WHAT?!” Daehyun shouted back. His hand holding the knife dangerously. This tool had better use for more than cutting cheesecake.

“BRING THE CHEESECAKE TO MY ROOOOMMM”

“COME AND GET IT YOURSEELF!”

“I HAVE YOUUU, WHY BOTHEEER!”

Daehyun grunted, but taking Youngjae’s share with him anyway. Dealing with a selfish and spoiled bastard like Yoo Youngjae was hard.

“You shouldn’t do that Daehyun-ah...” He turned his head to the smiling Mrs. Yoo. “That kid will become more even more spoiled with you constantly doting on him like that...”

Him? Doting on Youngjae?

Nah.

“I’m not doting on him though....”

Mrs. Yoo chuckled at the confused boy. “You haven’t change a bit since you were a child, huh?” She ruffled his hair as she walked out to the kitchen. “Just what kind of good deed that Youngjae did in his previous life...”

Daehyun stared at her retreating figure. He didn’t get it.

“DAEHYUNNIEEEEEEE!”

God, just what kind of bad things that he have done in his previous life to be stuck with someone like Yoo Youngjae anyway....

 

“Thank you~”

Youngjae beamed as he received his plate, and soon averting his gaze back to his laptop. Daehyun seated himself in the younger’s bed, taking his time to look around the room. It’s as if Youngjae’s poster collection had grown twice as many as the last time he saw it –which wasn’t that long time ago.

“How much do you spent on them?” Daehyun stared at the back of Youngjae’s head. The younger just shrugged his shoulder.

“I don’t know...”

“Your mother doesn’t get mad at you?”

The younger rolled his body and now staring at the ceiling with vacant stares. “At first...or maybe even now she still scold me from time to time... but as long I’m using my own allowance then she wouldn’t really mind it... I mean, I’m not using my saving for anything else anyway...”

Daehyun caught the slight sadness in Youngjae’s voice, he wondered when was the last time he went out with friends....like just eating out or went to karaoke. Maybe it has been years already. Before he had come to this house, was there even anyone besides his parents who chat with Youngjae like this? It must’ve been lonely...

“Don’t stare at me like that!” Youngjae punched his shoulder lightly, and pouted. “Don’t look at me as if I’m a pitiful kid. I’m happy with BAP, okay?”

Daehyun smiled, and rested himself beside the younger. Staring at the same white ceiling. “I’m not....”

The silence lingered for a while, but it was a nice serenity.

“Nee, Youngjae ah... do you want to go with me next Saturday?” He turned his head to face the younger, propping his body with his elbow. “I want to go to karaoke!”

Youngjae stared at him with doubt. “Why don’t you just go with Himchan?”

“He can’t make it, he’s dragging Yongguk for another shopping spree...” The truth is, Daehyun hadn’t even asked Himchan yet.

“Well.... but I’m the one choosing the song!” Youngjae grinned and Daehyun laughed at that. Well, he could definitely stand two hours listening to BAP’s song for this.

*****

 

Himchan grinned widely at his laptop screen. The photo had arrived safely into his email address. Baby-Z wasn’t lying, it was worth it. Yesterday he had playfuly replied ‘her’ message and the thing which supposedly be a joke soon turned into real transaction. Really, how weak could he be with shopping-related stuffs?

He stared at the photo which worth his lunch money, and smiled even wider. No, don’t you dare to think that he’s some creeps who liked to stare at Daehyun ruffling Youngjae’s hair lovingly –he did enjoyed it— but the main reason he brought the photo was because he wanted to save his dongsaeng. This kind of image could worsen the already-spread rumour, and he didn’t want it to happen. Because if Daejae was actually real, he should be the first one to know.

“Stop it, you’re frightening me....”

Himchan turned his head to see Yongguk, a stack of papers in his right hand and a cardboard in his left. He hadn’t realized his friend entering the room. “Yo! What’s that?”

“The documents for the school festival...” Yongguk put it on the table and sat beside Himchan. “You’re still obsessed with that?”

“Well, I need to win the bet!”

Yeah, he had made a bet with Yongguk. If Daehyun confessed to Himchan that he is dating Youngjae before telling anyone else, then Yongguk would buy him whatever he wants. However, if the rumour wasn’t even true or Daehyun had confessed it first to others then Himchan would grant him one wish. That’s why, he’s even more obsessed with the pairing. And he got Baby-Z as a weapon now... –insert a maniacal laugh here.

“Yeah... whatever. Just help me with this already....”

Himchan complied and moved his lazy to the document in the table. He sighed at the sight. He’ll be coming home late. “What’s this anyway?”

“The application form for the performance night from the clubs, permission letters to use the classroom for bazaar, and etc and etc... Just sort it out....”

Himchan muttered an ‘Oohh..’ before focusing his attention to the stack of papers. However, it wasn’t long until he read something and his focus dissapeared into the thin air. “You never told me...”

“Hmm...what?”

“That Daehyun will be the school band’s vocalist this year....”

*****

 

Youngjae strolled down the hallway coolly, as if he didn’t have a care to the world. The school was buzzing with excitement with the nearing school festival, and he liked it for a different reason. At times like this, when there’s actually something occupying everyone’s head that he wasn’t being the center of attention. And it’s nice. At least he wasn’t being stared from head to toe everytime he walked somewhere.

He caught the sight of Daehyun from afar, laughing with his bandmates. Daehyun was popular in a whole different realm than him. He’s well-liked by others. Boys wanted him as friends and so did the girls. Well, he also had fangirls swooning over him like Youngjae, but Daehyun also got friends –real ones. And he didn’t even need to pretend. He’s just being himself.

Throwing this kind of charade everyday was tiring, Youngjae thought. There were times –especially now that he knew Daehyun— when he wanted to get it over with and just come as himself. But he was afraid. He’s not THAT likeable. Maybe Daehyun was the only person in the whole world who would like him as himself. That guy was too kind for God’s sake! He shook his hand lightly and drifted his gaze back to the front. He was about to enter his classroom when his head snapped back in an instant.

Someone had been watching...

He shuddered at he thought but quickly gathered back his composure. Maybe it was just his imagination. He walked into his seat and sat down, he wanted to reach for his book in his bag when he found something sleek. He brought it to his lap and his face suddenly went pale.

It was a photograph of him.

And there’s a red mark with the word DEATH on it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Tararara~ procrastinating my assignment then writing this stuff
Hahahahhaha
I had a serious issue with procrastinating here..
I add a few problem here for something ahead :-D
I seriously need to update Kidnapping Plan but then the right plot just wouldn't come up
 And Instead I've updated this series for the third time...  >____<
 
Enough with rant! Enjoy! I hoped you like it ^^
Thanks for all the comments. You guys are the best!