Six: Ship?

Switch

 

“Argghh! Look at them! Look! Look! They’re reeaaally cool!”

Daehyun growled at Youngjae –who was now shoving his laptop screen into Daehyun’s face— and stared at him incredulously. After the department store incident, the slightly younger male had taken the freedom to come and disturb him from time to time. When he would usually shut himself in the dimness of his room, this past week he had been ‘visiting’ Daehyun everytime he felt like it. Babbling about any BAP-related nonsenses which Daehyun didn’t understand at all. Daehyun kept questioning himself whether he liked this version of Youngjae better or not.

“Look! The MV was just out! Aarrgghh all the waiting!!” Daehyun sighed as Youngjae thrown himself to his bed, squeling and fanboying soo hard it hurts to watch. Daehyun himself was waiting for the MV because of a whole different reason, at least the ecstatic Youngjae was much more better than his whining I-will-die-if-they-don’t-release-the-mv-any-minutes self.

“Yah, fanboy all you want in your room, I need to finish my assignment...” Daehyun almost plead to the fanboy mess, his assignment was due tomorrow and he was not even half done.

“You can just finish it up, I won’t disturb you...” Youngjae looked at him with his big innocent eyes. Daehyun really wanted to retord back but was unable to do so. You’re already disturbing me, pabo!

He forced himself to focus back on his abandoned assigment. Youngjae’s shrieking and maniacal laugh accompanying him in the background. Maybe, he needed another ten thousand years just to get used to this boy.

Daehyun observed that recently Youngjae was determined to make him like BAP. He would eagerly came to him everyday, doing some free PR for the group that he somehow ‘worshipped’. He couldn’t figure out why though, but judging that it was Youngjae, it might not be good. It wasn’t like he didn’t appreciate the group, it’s just that it was not his jam. He’s more into slow ballad and accoustic, and the group was loud. He didn’t get hip-hop. And he didn’t get why Youngjae would think that some weird guys who wear bizarre masks on stage were ‘dazzling’.

However, there’s also the bright side of this. He was closer to Youngjae now, and they acted like real friends at home. Talking, insulting each other –different from their usual polite exchange of greeting in the morning. Youngjae would even brought him along to his fanboy shopping sometimes.

“Let’s walk to school together from now on...”

Daehyun stared at Youngjae with disbelief, what did he say?

“What?” Youngjae stared back.

“Why so sudden? I thought that we aren’t friends at school” Yes, because despite how chummy they’re at home, they’re still pretty much strangers at school.

“Well, you’re like this new popular guy at school and befriendling the like of you doesn’t seem so bad for my popularity...” Youngjae stated matter-of-factly. “Oh and by the way, I need your help. Please give my permission letter to the teacher tomorrow. I’ll skip school” He added with a whisper.

“Why would you skip school?” Daehyun raised an eyebrow at the said boy.

“Well.... the letter states that I’m currently sick... and I need to get in line to buy their album so I can get the special goodies~”

Daehyun rolled his eyes. This kid. “Just what do you think I am?”

“Well, the kid who free-lodged at my house and eats a lot of foods for free?”

At that, Daehyun jumped into his bed and wrestled the younger –tickling him to death.

******

 

“Kyaa... look! Do you think that it was true?”

Himchan was looking for the silver-haired newcomer when his ear caught something interesting. Today the girls seems to be bundled in groups more than usual. With whispers and muffled giggles now and then. He always knew that the girls at his school were always thirsty for drama. That’s why they invented the popularity rank. They wanted something interesting and scandalous in this boring environment. And for Himchan it was interesting. That’s why he liked being popular.

“Do you think he often comes to his house?”

Himchan craned his neck, looking for the source of this commotion. He has the gut feeling that it was involving Daehyun. That kid’s existence in general was just calling for scandal.

The two girls were leaning on their locker, giggling as they tapped their smartphones happily. They’ll show each other something on the screen and they would squeals in unison, before quickly tapping some more things on the poor device. Himchan looked around, and he saw a few girls doing exactly the same thing. He shook his head. Others would probably thought that there’s nothing wrong, but not him. There’s definitely something going on. Something new. And he was curious.

He leaned closer to the two girls. They were focusing on their devices that they didn’t seem to sense his presence. Wow, this was new.

“Daejae is so happening right now!” One of the girl suddenly exclaimed in a muffled shriek. Himchan was taken aback, daejae? Wait....why did it sounds familiar?

It was a pairing name, he noticed. Well, how did he know? Duh, he was caught with all the BangHim thing all along. It’s like the trend to ship idols and celebrities had finally come to their school. And it suddenly applied to most popular guys and girls here. They were like the celebrity of this small population, and it’s a given to treat them like one; including this shipping and pairing thing eventually. He had learnt that the girls choose their ‘oppa’ to be with another ‘oppa’ instead of ending with some random girl. Because apparently, if no one gets the oppa, so do the rest.

He was well aware with all this business because he likes to eavesdrop on random people –bless his sensitive ears— and the fact that his sister was a hardcore fangirl. The routine repeated itself.

That’s maybe half the reason why he often claimed Yongguk as his ‘husband’, the crowd love BangHim and he liked giving fanservice. Well, he want to be an idol so why not trying to get used to it? And Yongguk was too indifferent to stop him.

So, back to the Daejae thing. Daejae.... Well, at this point Himchan was sure that ‘Dae’ was Jung Daehyun. See? He’s just a natural attention getter. Scandal loves him. But then, ‘Jae’.... who would that be? He never saw Daehyun getting close to another boy or girl besides Yongguk and him. Well, maybe someone from his class....

Someone popular enough that the girls would recognize...

He got it.

An amused smirk made it to his way as the realizasion hit him. This is interesting.

He pulled his smartphone from his pocket and start to surf the internet, logging in into the girls ‘secret’ forum. He had gotten himself an account just to check the development of the BangHim thing. Never did he knew that he could use it for something much more interesting.

 

Daejae.

Jung Daehyun and Yoo Youngjae.

What an interesting ship.

 

******

 

“I never knew that you’re close with Youngjae....”

The statement was more like a question for him, Daehyun had noted. After he was ‘caught’ giving Youngjae’s permission letter to the teacher earlier, everyone had been wondering about their relationship. Well, they never speak at all before –even some people had concluded that it was a heated rivalry— and then BAM! he suddenly became the friendly guy who gave the teacher his bestfriend’s letter.

“Well....we’re not that close...” Daehyun trailed off. He was confused, he didn’t know whether it will be alright to tell the truth now. He didn’t know what was inside Youngjae’s complicated labiryth of a head. Just one step over the line and who knows what will the younger do to him? That kid was just scary.

“Oh... then how did you ended up with the letter?”

All the questions were beginning to get to his nerve. “Well, he gave it to me yesterday. What’s so strange?” His tone uncounciously became more annoyed. The girls seemed to understand and quickly bid him goodbye, returning to their own seat –or class.

“Well, take it easy bro!” He gave Minhyun a weak smile as the latter gave him a pat in the shoulder. He was glad that at least the boys were mostly sane.

Well....mostly.

 

******

 

Himchan had been eyeing him strangely from some times ago. It was lunch time and he was now sitting with the diva and Yongguk –the latter seemed to be drowning in the pile of papers. When did the eldest actually get some rest?

He tried to continue munching on his delicious lunch –Mrs. Yoo was such a good cook— and completely ignoring Himchan, but soon the burning stare started to annoy him.

“Yah, what is it Hyung?” He snapped. He hate it when someone disturb his meal. He had Youngjae back at home, he didn’t need any other addition at school.

Himchan gave him a wide grin, his eyes screaming TROUBLEEE! “Nothing, I was just wondering about your lunch box. It was familiar....”

Daehyun rolled his eyes. What? Now the diva Kim Himchan had become so precisely detailed with annoying trivial stuffs. It was just a normal, plain, yellow lunchbox. Everyone could purcase it anywhere. “I don’t understand where is it going, Hyung...”

“Well, nowhere...nowhere....”

Just when he was about to throw some other questions, his handphone vibrated in his pocket. A call. He looked at the ID and frown: Yoo Youngjae.

“Hello?” He picked up the phone, unconciously glancing at his two hyung.

‘Daehyuuun-aaah~ Heeelpp meeeeee~’

Daehyun sighed. Youngjae and his whining. “What?!” He huffed an annoying reply and turned his back. Uncomfortable with the way Himchan looked at him.

‘Actually.....’ Youngjae was a bit hesitant. ‘I forgot my wallet at home.....’

Another sigh. “Just come and retrieve it! It wasn’t that far!”

‘YAH! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I was already in the line since morning and you want me to just give it to some random stranger?!’

Daehyun cringed, taking away his phone from his ear. Even when he’s asking for help, apparently Youngjae was still soo much sassy and loud. “So, what did you want me to do?”

He could imagine Youngjae was smiling right now. ‘Can you come here and lend me some of your money? It wasn’t that far.... You could still made it if you directly come after school’

Daehyun took a deep breath, he didn’t have any other plan and having the annoyed Youngjae at home wasn’t the best option. “Arasso, I’ll come after school....”

Youngjae bid him a freaking cute ‘Annyeoong~’ and hung up. That kid was a bipolar. Really.

*****

 

Himchan knew who’s the one calling Daehyun. It was Youngjae. He could briefly read the Caller ID before Daehyun answered the phone. So it was true, those two people weren’t as unfriendly as they seemed. They even called each other, and by the sound of it Youngjae was calling for a pretty important stuff. Daehyun reminded him of a defeated boyfriend which had to comply to his girlfriend annoying requests.

Daehyun put his phone back to his pocket and continue eating his lunch.

The lunchbox. The yellow lunchbox wasn’t any random lunchbox. It was Youngjae’s. Himchan knew it from the ‘Daejae’ thread in the forum. Apparently Youngjae and Daehyun had been exhanging their lunchbox every so often. It’s not the only thing that the other shipper had found out about those two. They also had some photos taken outside the school, the two hanging out in a mall –so that’s why he was suddenly ditching me last time— or just photos of them stealing occasional glances at the other.

This was fun.

The shipping thing was fun.

Maybe he had become one of Daejae shipper.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hahahha, I had so much fun writing this chapter, I don't even know why....

Maybe because all the shipping hahahahaha

 

Wweeel, enjoy this! I hope you all liked it! ^^

All the subcribers, and the one leaving comment ---and even upvotes to!--- thank you soo much for that! It made my day!